What’s Onstage #BurlON
|Don’t hibernate this winter, there are so many great performances coming up in #BurlON you will want to gather up your friends and family and take in a show or 2. From the majestic main stage at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre to the intimate local community theatres or entertainment venues there is something for everyone. You can enjoy music, comedy, dance, magic, theatre, it is all here in #BurlON. Here are a few highlights but there are lots of things to choose from so check out the list at the bottom of the blog for more ideas.
Drury Lane – Music Hall
Looking for a fun and lively night out? Music Hall is Drury Lane’s most anticipated tradition where you can enjoy the music, vaudeville and melodrama as the Chairman heartily encourages booing, cheering and interaction throughout the show. Music Hall features rousing songs and variety acts, bad jokes and lots of fun! There’s something for everyone in this light-hearted Drury lane special performance. Book tickets online.
Evenings – 8:00 p.m February 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, March 2, 3, 8, 9, 10
Matinees 2:00 p.m February 4, 11, 17, 18, 25, March 3, 4, 11
Theatre Burlington – I’ll be Back Before Midnight
A Hitchcock-styled psychological thriller that is the most successful play ever staged in Canada and the most produced Canadian play abroad. A young couple from Toronto buy an old country farmhouse, and that’s when apparitions start to appear, strange noises are heard, and every moment that draws you to the thrilling finish keeps you on the edge of your seat. Purchase tickets online.
“Wonderfully spooky… Somewhere between an Agatha Christie mystery and a Hitchcock thriller. Peter Colley sends up the haunted house bit with witty dialogue and at the next moment interrupts the audiences laughter with a good, heart thumping scare… a really good ghost story.”– Toronto Globe and Mail
February 2-3-4*, 9-10-11*, 15-16-17 Evening curtain 8:00 PM / *Matinee curtain 2:00 PM B
Burlington Performing Arts Centre
The Tale of a Town – Canada
|This multimedia play features voices of Canadians recorded in every province and territory, alongside personal anecdotes from this epic adventure. Peppered with humour, nostalgia, and stories from local residents! Performances will showcase additional stories gathered in downtown Burlington, with a local choir and surprise appearances by local notables.
“The Tale Of A Town is a colourful, vibrant, carnival of images and memories created with affection and a touch of sadness, told with gusto by writer/performer Lisa Marie DiLiberto” – NOW Magazine, Toronto
In the Community Studio Theatre February 8-10
Burlington Comedy Festival
Back for a third year this comedy festival is held at venues in Downtown Burlington from Febrary 19 – 21. New this year is a family variety show on Monday February 19 at 3pm featuring Pedro Tochas, Street Circus and Magic Brian. The Best of the Fest night on Monday February 19 headlines one of the TOP Comedians of ALL TIME, from the big screen to the The Burlington Performing Arts Centre stage, you’ll want to snap up tickets to see the legendary Kevin Pollak! Also featuring Scott Thompson, Jon Dore and MANY MORE!
Performances also take place at the Waterstreet Cooker on Tuesday February 20 and Wednesday February 21 where you can purchase a Food & Funny Combo Deal – a great date night! This option includes a $25.00 gift card to be redeemed at Emma’s Back Porch/The Waterstreet Cooker, and a reserved premium VIP seat. Please contact the venue early to make reservations 905-634-2084 ext 3 or email@example.com. Tickets for all shows are also available for purchase at Emma’s.
BPAC Performance Calendar January – February
- Southern Ontario Lyric Opera: Encore! Saturday, January 13 at 7:30pm
- Live and Local Music Series: Colour Film & In My Coma Friday, January 19 at 7:30pm
- Erth’s Dinosaur Zoo LIVE | Single seats only Saturday, January 20 at 2:00pm
- Spotlight 2018 – Burlington Dance Company Sunday, January 21 at 7:00pm
- Taste of Burlington Launch 2018 Tuesday, January 23 at 5:30pm – SOLD OUT
- Classic Albums Live – Led Zeppelin IV | Very Limited Seating Thursday, January 25 at 8:00pm
- The Slocan Ramblers Friday, January 26 at 7:30pm
- Compagnie Marie Chouinard 24 Preludes by Chopin and The Rite of Spring Saturday, January 27 at 8:00pm
- Swing! Swing! Swing! with The Toronto All-Star Big Band Sunday, January 28 at 2:00pm
- Gord Bamford Thursday, February 1 at 8:00pm
- The Fugitives Friday, February 2 at 7:30pm
- A Night at The Opera Saturday, February 3 at 8:00pm
- The Tale of a Town – Canada (see description above) Thursday, February 8 at 7:30pm & Friday, February 9 at 7:30pm & Saturday, February 10 at 2:00pm and 7:30pm
- Michael Kaeshammer Saturday, February 10 at 8:00pm
- The Gruffalo – Live on Stage! Sunday, February 11 at 2:00pm
- Louie Anderson Friday, February 16 at 8:00pm
- 3-2-1 Dance Saturday, February 17 at 7:30pm
- Symphony on the Bay – All the World’s a Stage Sunday, February 18 at 3:00pm
- Burlington Comedy Festival – 3rd annual (see description above) February 19 – 21
- Peking Acrobats Wednesday February 21 at 7:30 pm
- Roseanne Cash Friday February 23 at 8:00pm
For more events at the Performing Arts Centre check out their performance calendar.