The Region of Halton is in stage 3 of reopening and many Burlington outdoor areas, attractions, restaurants and shops have reopened with safety precautions in place. Due to COVID-19, face coverings are mandatory inside buildings and enclosed public spaces open to the public as per municipal & regional bylaws. To help reduce the chance of spreading this virus visitors should practice all safety measures including physical distancing, proper hand hygiene and following all public health measures and gathering restrictions. For further COVID-19 information in the Burlington area visit Halton Region Public Health www.halton.ca/coronavirus and/or view and subscribe to the Health and Safety Notices page on the City website www.burlington.ca
We ask that you travel and enjoy our destination responsibly. The COVID-19 pandemic is not behind us, but with proper precautions, it is possible to travel safely. To curb your travel anxieties, we’ve compiled the latest safety guidelines, along with a packing list and recommendations on how to protect yourself and others.
Protect Yourself and Others
Travelers should follow protective steps and guidelines, as provided by Health Canada and the Province of Ontario. Wear a face mask in public spaces and maintain a distance of at least six feet from others. For further information view Halton Region’s local health guidelines.
- Wash hands often, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue.
- Stay up to date on vaccinations, including the flu vaccine.
- Avoid traveling if you are sick.
- Avoid contact with animals while traveling.
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the Government of Canada.
- Take everyday precautions to stop the spread of germs.
Note: Older adults and people with underlying chronic medical conditions are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
Get ready for a safe trip to Burlington by packing cleaning and sanitation supplies and plan for stops along the way in advance. Also consider the following:
- Pack hand sanitizer as well as disinfecting spray, wipes, rubber gloves, and paper towels. Sanitize high-touch surfaces frequently such as steering wheels and handles.
- Pack a microfiber cloth to wipe down your phone and other electronics.
- Bring a face mask for everyone in your family over the age of two.
- Bring snacks, drinks, ice in a cooler to avoid extra stops for food.
- Throw in a travel thermometer with your first aid kit, and don’t forget to bring enough medications and prescriptions to get you through your trip, just in case.
Our Visitor Information Centre is Open
Our visitor centre located at 414 Locust St. in downtown Burlington is open from 9 am – 4 pm Tuesday to Saturday. We are obtained the self-certified #SafeTravels Stamp and POST Promise. We have taken steps to protect the safety of visitors and staff by implementing the following protocol:
- Visitors must wear masks (City/Region bylaw)
- Upon entering the centre visitors and staff will be asked to sign in and provide a quick indication of health. This is to help with contact tracing if required.
- Hand sanitizers, plastic barriers and signs have been installed and staff and visitors must maintain a 2m (6 feet) distance
- Our travel counsellors will greet you at the entrance gate, identify the information you need and gather materials for you. Visitors will not be browsing and selecting materials on their own.
- There will be no seating or access to the Ipad at this time.
- Our souvenirs are available for purchase however we accept cash only.
NOTE: The Public washrooms are not open at this time.
Planning to Visit in the Future?
If you are not yet ready to travel to the Burlington area but would still like to show support, please consider the following:
- Buy gift cards to your favorite local business for use at a later date
- Book travel experiences for a later date
- Leave positive reviews for Burlington businesses on TripAdvisor, Google, and social media channels
- Post photos of your favorite memories while visiting on a previous trip and tag @VisitBurlON
We are so glad you are considering a visit, we can’t wait to greet you.