Taco Time in #BurlON
If you’re like us, any day is a good day for tacos, but with Cinco de Mayo almost here, it’s an even better time. We are lucky here in #BurlON to have so many places offering tacos on their menus and with so many different varieties. We’ve highlighted 10 of the best places to get tacos – it’s Taco Time! (not in any specific order)
- A Mexican restaurant specializing in tacos, visit Burro, located at 480 Brant Street South. They offer a great variety such as curry cauliflower, bourbon chicken and our new fave the Spicy Brussel Sprout taco (but don’t let the word spicy fool you!).
- BeerTown in north Burlington (Appleby and Upper Middle) has great options for tacos. They offer tiny tuna tacos on their starter menu, as well as a 2 piece fish taco option. They offer a 2 piece fish taco option for a main. Good news if you’re a vegan – they also offer vegan tacos; battered meatless chick’n with all the fixins’ (2 and 3 piece option).
- Martini House on Elizabeth Street in downtown Burlington is a great spot for martinis – and tacos! They offer two versions on their lunch menu; a chipotle honey chicken taco with lime sour creme and a calamari taco that’s next on our list to try – it’s got fried calamari and served with a Bloody Mary aioli – yes, please!
- If fish tacos are your fave, then you have to try the fish tacos at Jackson’s Landing. They are our go-to and taste even better on their rooftop patio in the summertime! Doesn’t everything taste better on a patio in the summertime? Jackson’s Landing is located on the southeast corner of Appleby Line and New Street.
- Can’t get enough of fish tacos? Then visit Jake’s Grill & Oyster House at 950 Walkers Line, just south of the QEW. They feature a Taco Tuesday from 4 pm-close each week. Great deals on fish and shrimp tacos plus a fresh feature taco each week.
- How good does a shrimp taco sound? Well Pepperwood Bistro has a Baja shrimp taco on their menu with a mango aioli that sounds dee-lish!
- Brant Pump & Patio is another downtown spot for great tacos. Give their southwest fish tacos a try, you won’t be disappointed! And to celebrate Cinco de Mayo all weekend they will have a selection of $5 tacos- Chicken Tinga, Buffalo Cauliflower or Blackened fish tacos, plus “mini margarita” shots for only $4.
- Familia Fine Foods is a warm and inviting family run business located off Harvester Road that is open Mon-Fri and sometimes on weekends for special events. Their food is fresh, made from scratch and plentiful. Try their delicious tacos for lunch – they offer a selection of pork, beef, chicken or vegetarian.
- Visit The Coop Wicked Chicken for their taco selection. They offer four varieties of tacos on their menu including the spicy Nashville taco and their catfish taco.
- One of our favourite Food Trucks now offers take-out service during the week from their main kitchen, at 4055 Harvester Road. 50 Pesos. Everything is made from scratch and they have gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options. Try their deep fried avocado tacos, the black bean tacos or the pina fish tacos to name a few. So many great choices and this is just a start! Get out there and get eating! #TacoTime