Taco Time in #BurlON
If you’re like us, any day is a good day for tacos. We are lucky here in #BurlON to have so many places offering tacos on their menus and with so many different varieties. We’ve highlighted 10 of the best places to get tacos for you – it’s Taco Time! (not in any specific order)
- A Mexican restaurant specializing in tacos, visit Burro, located at 480 Brant Street South. They offer a great variety such as curry cauliflower, bourbon chicken and our new fave the Spicy Brussel Sprout taco (but don’t let the word spicy fool you!).
- Barque Smokehouse which is relatively new to Burlington has an amazing Hawaiian pulled pork taco, that has crunchy hickory sticks inside. They sampled these tacos at the Taste of Burlington launch event this past winter and won People’s Choice so you know they are good! Barque is located at 4155 Fairview Street.
- Martini House on Elizabeth Street in downtown Burlington is a great spot for martinis – and tacos! They offer two versions on their lunch menu; a chipotle honey chicken taco with lime sour creme and a calamari taco that’s next on our list to try – it’s got fried calamari and served with a Bloody Mary aioli – yes please!
- If fish tacos are your fave, then you have to try the fish tacos at Jackson’s Landing. They are our go-to and taste even better on their roof top patio in the summer time! Doesn’t everything taste better on a patio in the summer time? Jackson’s Landing is located on the southeast corner of Appleby Line and New Street.
- Can’t get enough of fish tacos? Then visit Jake’s Grill & Oyster House at 950 Walkers Line, just south of the QEW. They feature a Taco Tuesday from 4 pm-close each week. Great deals on fish and shrimp tacos plus a fresh feature taco each week.
- Taco Tuesday is a thing! Emma’s Backporch also has a taco feature on Tuesdays after 5 pm where they offer beef, chicken, shrimp or fish tacos for only $5 each. Enjoy on their gorgeous lakefront patio.
- Maracaz Cantinerie in downtown Burlington is open Tuesday to Sunday for dinner. Choose from fish, pulled chicken, ground beef, pulled pork or beef brisket to start and fill in toppings and a plate with 3 tacos for $14.
- Familia Fine Foods is a warm and inviting family run business located off Harvester Road that is open Mon-Fri and sometimes on weekends for special events. Their food is fresh, made from scratch and plentiful. Try their delicious tacos for lunch – they offer a selection of pork, beef, chicken or vegetarian.
- Visit The Coop Wicked Chicken for their taco selection. They offer four varieties of tacos on their menu including the spicy Nashville taco and their catfish taco.
- One of our favourite Food Trucks now offers take-out service during the week from their main kitchen, at 4055 Harvester Road. 50 Pesos. Everything is made from scratch and they have gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options. Try their deep fried avocado tacos, the black bean tacos or the pina fish tacos to name a few. So many great choices and this is just a start! Get out there and get eating! #TacoTime