Water Sports

With over 20 km of shoreline along Lake Ontario, Burlington is a fabulous location for water sports of all sorts.  Take a cruise, tour a warship, dive deep, rent a canoe, play volleyball at the beach, or anchor away your own boat, the choices are endless!

Cruises & Tours

Scuba Diving

Our unique shoreline offers a variety of opportunities for the adventurer.  Our local dive shops have all the equipment rentals, sales, service, instruction and charters to keep you longing for more. They can help you with local diving throughout the Golden Horseshoe area.


Canoe Rentals

Kayak Rentals

Pedal Boat Rentals

  • Burlington Beach Rentals – 1094 Lakeshore Rd., Burlington (1.287.337.0808).  Also have Stand Up Paddleboards, paddle boats, kayaks, Sportbrellas, chairs and lounges for rent.
  • Beach Marine – 1127 Beach Boulevard, Hamilton (905.545.4745)
  • Kelso Conservation Area – 5234 Kelso Road, Milton (905.878.5011)

Rowboat Rentals

Sailboat Rentals


BeachesBurlington Beach Rentals_Paddle Boats

Indoor Pools

Outdoor Pools

Splash Pads/Wading PoolsWater Jets Downtown Waterfront

See also above – Outdoor Pools.

Water Parks

  • Wild Water Works in Confederation Park, 585 Van Wagners Beach Road, Hamilton (905.547.6141)

Watercraft Access/Docking

Boat Ramps/Launches

Boat Slips (overnight)

Personal Water Craft

  • Beachway Park (jet ski launch) – west side of Lakeshore Road, Burlington discovery landing boats

Licenses – Pleasure Craft Operator Cards

According to Boating License Canada : A Pleasure Craft Operator Card is required if you fall into one of two categories:

  1. You operate a pleasure craft fitted with a motor AND are born after April 1, 1983; or,
  2. You operate a pleasure craft, fitted with a motor, that is under 4m (13 feet) in length (regardless of age).

In Canada operators of pleasure craft fitted with a motor and used for recreational purposes have to have proof of competency on board at all times.  This is referred to as a Pleasure Craft Operators Card. Proof of competency can take 1 of 3 forms, a Pleasure Craft Operator Card; proof of having successfully completed a boating safety course in Canada prior to April 1, 1999; or, a completed rental-boat safety checklist. The operator card is good-for-life.

** Applies to non-residents operating their pleasure craft in Canadian waters after 44 consecutive days. Operator card or equivalent issued to a non-resident by their state or country will be considered as proof of competency” Online pleasure craft operator exams can be found here.