Ring in 2020 in #BurlON
As the clock winds down on another year, it’s time to mark the end of 2019 and simultaneously ring in 2020 in BurlON. From adult-centered celebrations to family friendly events, you are sure to discover a fun way to festively enjoy this annual milestone here in Burlington.
Family Friendly New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day
New Year’s Eve Nature Hoopla
Bring the family to Mountsberg Conservation for the New Year’s Eve Nature Hoopla (Tuesday Dec. 31). The whole family can enjoy activities, goodies to eat, wagon rides, night hikes and a puppet show. Countdown to the New Year starts at 9 p.m., letting parents get the kids home early. Please note, this is a ticketed event – purchase online.
New Year’s Eve Event
Bronte Creek Provincial Park will host a family friendly night of fun at their New Year’s Eve event. Have a howlin’ good time welcoming in the New Year as one of the park’s naturalists takes you on a Coyote Howl guide walk. Discover more about coyotes, one of the park’s most misunderstood creatures. Post-walk, gather around the bonfire with noisemakers and welcome in the New Year with a “Countdown for Kids” at 8:30 p.m. Park admission applies. Refer to the blog for more details by guest writer Sheila Wiebe, Park Marketing & Education Specialist.
Magical Family New Year’s Eve
For a Magical Family New Year’s Eve, join the celebration at the Marquis Gardens Waterfront Hotel Downtown Burlington. This all-ages, family friendly event includes dinner, a late night sweet table, party favours, a DJ and all the pop or juice your child can drink (but maybe you shouldn’t tell the kids that!). Don’t worry about driving home and extend your fun evening with an overnight stay at the Waterfront Hotel. Enjoy complimentary breakfast and a special room rate for ticket holders. Call the hotel directly to book your stay.
New Year’s Day- City of Burlington
Free admission to New Year’s Day events at multiple locations in the city.
- Fun Swim 12 – 3 p.m. – Tansley Woods Community Centre, Pool 1996 Itabashi Way
- Tim Hortons Free Holiday Skating 12 – 4 p.m.- Appleby Ice Centre, Rink 1 – 1201 Appleby Line
- Tim Hortons Free Holiday Skating 1 – 5 p.m. – Appleby Ice Centre, Rink 2 -1201 Appleby Line
- Family Play Fit 5 months-8 years 12 – 3 p.m. – Tansley Woods Community Centre Gym – 1996 Itabashi Way
- Open Family Gym 5-12 with adult 12 – 3 p.m. – Tansley Woods Community Centre Gym
For complete details refer to website.
Noon Year’s Eve
A new year’s party for the whole family! Tuesday December 31 from 10:30 am – 12 noon at Alton Library.
New Year’s Eve Celebrations: sans-kids
If you’re looking to party hardy on New Year’s Eve, look no further than Burlington.
Here are some of the local, festive happenings on December 31.
- Burlington Convention Centre New Year’s Eve – dinner, dessert table, DJ – ticketed event
- Barra Fion – feature menu
- Jacksons Landing – feature menu, DJ, midnight toast with Prosecco
- Queen’s Head Pub – British New Year early celebration starts at 5 p.m.: apps, party favours, glass of champagne, tickets $25 ea.
- Marquis Gardens at Waterfront Hotel – buffet dinner, sweet table D.J. – ticketed event – SOLD OUT!
- Pierside at B&B at Waterfront Hotel – buffet dinner – ticketed event
- Plucker’s Wing & Crab Shack – book online for “the many ways to celebrate the holidays”
- Downtown Bistro & Grill – feature menu
- Lowville Bistro – Gala Dinner with live jazz
- Stone House Restaurant – feature menu
- Martini House – special New Year’s Eve celebration: ticketed event
- Paradiso Restaurant – regular menu with special features
- Scaddabush – feature menu
- West Plains Bistro – feature menu
- Jake’s Grill & Oyster House – feature menu (close at 11pm)
Of course, if you simply desire a bite to eat along with a few celebratory drinks, there are many superb restaurants in Burlington offering their regular, top-drawer menus. Tables are going fast, so visit our restaurants page to book yours soon.