Easter at Home in #BurlON 2020
Easter is quickly approaching and we know it will be different this year with our efforts to ‘flatten the curve’. There won’t be neighbourhood Easter egg hunts, big meals with extended family and church services in person. But that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the start of spring and the Easter holiday. We just have to do it differently this year.
The Easter Bunny can still come which means one thing – CHOCOLATE! Many local businesses are providing different delivery and curbside pick-up options so you can still make sure your weekend includes chocolate!
- Walker’s Chocolates: Stores closed but local delivery available on orders over $75 (last day for guaranteed deliveries is Tues April 7)
La Crème de la Crème Creamery: Gourmet Belgian chocolates can be ordered online for delivery (order by Sun April 5 to guarantee delivery)
- Christy’s Gourmet Gifts: Curb side pick-up (no cash), order online or call (905)336-9080; free porch delivery in Burlington or Oakville and Waterdown with min. purchase of $50, $10 flat rate shipping anywhere in Ontario
Some other suggestions for desserts and sweet treats:
- That Pie Place: Curbside pick up,call or email orders (905)827-3373; no cash (sweet and savoury)
- Cakes, Sweets & Treats: Open Tues-Sun, free delivery to Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Waterdown, Ancaster and Stoney Creek with min $25 purchase
- Flour Child Bakery: Open 7 days/week; 7:30-6 pm weekdays, Sat 8-4, Sun 8:30-1:00. Full bakery with fresh bread daily and coffee/tea.
- Edible Arrangements: Open Monday-Saturday and always available for online orders and delivery.
Of course you can’t forget the main meal for Easter dinner. If you’d like a break from cooking we’ve got some other ideas:
- Familia Fine Foods: Healthy prepared meals delivered to your doorstep
- The Platter Company: Home made prepared meals to go- take out or delivery
- Farm Boy: Order their chef-inspired Easter dinner. Choose Ontario smoked ham or fresh Ontario turkey with choice of 4 sides; serves 6-8 people. Just heat and serve. (order by April 6)
- Longo’s: Order one of their festive meal kits, just heat and serve.Turkey breast kit serves 2-4 and porchetta kit serves 3-5 (order by April 7)
- Nickel Brook Brewing: order a delivery to your door from Burlington’s craft brewery
Nothing represents the Spring season more than a beautiful arrangement of flowers. This is also a great way to send some cheer to a loved one without even having to leave home. There are many local florists taking orders online and by phone. Order early to ensure availability and be in touch with the florist for any special requests or confirmation of their services.
- Brant Florist: Brant Street in Downtown Burlington, (905)639-7001
- Forest of Flowers: 5010 Pinedale Avenue, 905 631-6200/1-855-631-6200
- Millcroft Florist: 1940 Ironstone Drive Unit #7, 905 331-6550
- Nelson Flowers: 2495 Dundas Street, 905 332-6967
- Jaggard’s Florist & Garden Centre: 107 Plains Road West Unit # 6, 905 634-4543
- 181 Florist: 7-181 Plains Road West, 905 912-2181
Looking to give someone a nice outdoor arrangement or want to plant some pansies in your own garden?
- Centro Garden: online shopping available with a small delivery fee ($5-$10). Check their instagram page for some arrangements available.
- Terra Greenhouse: order for curbside pick up or delivery
While we anticipate most restaurants will be closed on Easter Sunday, why not order in over the Easter weekend. For full details about what restaurants across the city are offering right now, check out this listing from Taste of Burlington.
Enjoy some family fun on Easter weekend. Hopefully the temperatures continue to rise so that we can all enjoy some lovely Spring weather, while taking all necessary precautions to keep our distance. You can still get outdoors and enjoy walks in your neighbourhood. Or see how many squares you can check off on our #SupportLocal Bingo game card. Just print and play at home.
Some churches are still offering services on-line. We suggest calling or checking the website of a church you would normally attend, to see what alternate arrangements, if any, have been made.
Have fun choosing from the many creative, safe ways to celebrate Easter and the new season! Be safe and healthy.