#BurlON til Sept 25
This week marks the changing of the seasons with summer leaving and autumn arriving. It’s a beautiful and busy time of year in Burlington with Harvest Festivals and markets. Here are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Sept 25.
Harvest Festival at Springridge Farm
Saturday marks the start of the annual Harvest Festival at Springridge Farm. The festival runs every weekend now until Sunday October 27 and is also open Thanksgiving Monday. Enjoy a professional puppet show, Boo Barn, Wagon rides and lots more! Plan and have lunch at the BBQ Barn and visit the Barn Market before you leave for apple cider, freshly baked pies and home decor. Harvest Festival runs 10-4 daily on weekends.
Applefest at Ireland House
Enjoy the return of the fall season at Ireland House this weekend for the Applefest Fall Fair. On Sunday the 22 there will be live entertainment, a petting zoo and pony rides, vendors & mini farmers market and more. Also, get a tour of the historic Ireland House Museum. The fair runs from 11 am to 4 pm, admission is $5 per person.
Fit in the Core
This Sunday is the last Fit in the Core for the season. Stop by the Performing Arts Centre Plaza for Slow Flow Yoga by 7thWave Yoga. This runs from 10 am to 11 am and is completely free; just bring your mat and water bottle! Thanks to the Burlington Downtown BIA for running these great classes all summer long!
Art and Culture
Enjoy an evening out with friends and family at the “Last of the Red Hot Lovers” at Theatre Burlington. The curtain is at 8:00 pm on Friday the 20 and Saturday the 21.
This Friday at the Art Gallery of Burlington is the Burlington New Millennium Orchestra: Eclectic Flavours. Enjoy an evening of music, wine, and hors d’oeuvres. On Sunday is Lesley McInally Artist Talk & Demonstration. Watch a demonstration of how the artist creates her art. There are also two exhibits ongoing at the Art Gallery, with the Eruptions Exhibit until Sun Oct 27 and The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit until Tues Dec 31.
Every week at the Art Gallery is Family Sunday Open Studio on Sundays from 1-4 pm. There is always free admission and it’s a great way to get creative as a family.
Explore the Outdoors
There are many beautiful conservation areas here in #BurlON just waiting to be explored. Hiking is available at all Conservation Halton parks year round, with varying levels of difficulty.
At Crawford Lake, learn about local indigenous history and explore the reconstructed Iroquoian village. Also, on Saturday the 21 is the Try It Series – Fire Making. Learn and practice traditional fire-starting techniques.
Open House at Freeman Station
Make plans to visit Freeman Station this weekend for their Open House Days. From 10-3 explore the restored Grand Trunk Railway that served as Burlington’s railway arrival and departure centre in Freeman, Ontario. The station is filled with artifacts and memorabilia, as well as a functioning Railway Diorama.
Markets in #BurlON
Nothing is better than browsing an outdoor market at this time of year. The Centro Garden Farmer’s Market is ongoing every Sunday until Oct 6 from 9 am to 12 pm. Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays until Oct 26 the Farmer’s Market is on at Burlington Centre. Shop local produce, baking, meat, and more.
There’s so much to do in #BurlON ’til Sept 25 so be sure to check it all out! If you have any questions please stop by our Visitor Information Centre at 414 Locust St or give us a call, we are open from 9 am to 4 pm seven days a week.
- Sun. to Sept 22: Fit in the Core, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun. to Oct 6 : Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- Wed., Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- To Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Tues Oct 29: Cyclocross Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Wed 18: Villages of Burlington, Central Library
- Wed 18: Eco-Film Festival: “Urban Roots”, Central Library
- Thurs 19: RBG After Dark: On the Rocks!, RBG Rock Garden
- Fri 20: Burlington New Millennium Orchestra: Eclectic Flavours, Art Gallery
- Fri 20-Sat 21: “Last of the Red Hot Lovers”, Drama Centre
- Fri 20-Sat 21: Cootes to Escarpment EcoPark System BioBlitz & Plant Sale, RBG
- Sat 21: Open House Days, Freeman Station
- Sat 21: Metro Pace, Woodbine Mohawk Racetrack
- Sat 21: Ontario Tree Climbing Championship, LaSalle Park
- Sat 21: World Cleanup Day, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sat 21: Community Living’s Got Talent, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 21: Try It Series – Fire Making, Crawford Lake C. Area
- Sat 21: Hope in High Heels, Emma’s Back Porch
- Sat 21: Angels n Motion 5K Family Fun Run, OPP Burlington Detachment
- Sun 22: Lesley McInally Artist Talk & Demonstration, Art Gallery
- Sun 22: Telling Tales Festival – Nature Tales, RBG