#BurlON til Oct 9
This week brings a lot more fall fun to the city. There are multiple fall fairs going on this weekend such as the Hops and Harvest Festival as well as Mountsberg’s Spooktacular Halloween. Here are some ways you can have fun this season in #BurlON til Oct 9.
This weekend is the first of Mountsberg Conservation Area’s Spooktacular Halloween. Explore the Haunted Barn, see live snake presentations, Bird of Prey presentations, and more. Wear your costume to receive a free treat from the shop! This event is from 10 am to 4 pm.
Hops and Harvest
Hops & Harvest returns to Kelso Conservation Area this Sat and Sun from 11 am to 5 pm daily. This fall festival features food vendors, artisans, and craft breweries. Admire the beautiful scenery of the park while enjoying fall flavours. Advance tickets are available online and include a chairlift ride as well as a beer glass and token for adults.
Arts and Culture
Visit the recently reopened Joseph Brant Museum for the “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit. This special exhibit opens on Sunday. It’s an interactive exhibition featuring playable pinball machines as well as merchandise related to famous rock and roll bands.
There are two ongoing exhibits at the Art Gallery of Burlington. Until Oct 27 is the Eruptions Exhibit, and until Dec 31 is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit. Every week the Art Gallery has Family Sunday Open Studio. The event is completely free and is a great way to get creative as a family.
Autumn in #BurlON
Amateurs and Pros, visit Mountsberg Conservation Area this Sunday the 6 for Raptors in Focus. Get lens to beak with some amazing birds of prey, and get the perfect shot of one of Mountsberg’s raptors.
Hiking is available at all of our amazing Conservation Halton parks. Enjoy the changing colours of the leaves on trails of varying difficulties. Check online for more information of what trail is right for you.
The annual Springridge Farm Harvest Festival is back weekends until Oct 27. Enjoy pony rides, straw bale jumping, wagon rides and more farm fun. Finish the day at the Barn Market for fall decor, baking, and treats.
This is the last weekend of the Centro Garden Farmer’s Market. Visit the market to shop local vendors with a variety of products. From 9-12, visit before they’re gone for the season. The Farmer’s Market in the Burlington Centre Parking Lot is ongoing until Oct 26. On Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays shop fresh produce, meats, cheese, baking, and more.
Pumpkins after Dark
Ongoing until November 3 is Pumpkins After Dark at Country Heritage Park in Milton. Stroll along the ¼ mile path of more than 5000 hand-carved jack-o-lanterns and over 100 pumpkin sculptures. Take in the music, sound effects, and lights that bring the pumpkins to life. Book your tickets in advance when you choose your time slot to attend.
These are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Oct 9. For more information come visit us at the Visitor Centre at 414 Locust St, open 9 am to 4 pm, seven days a week.
- to Oct 6: Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- , Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- To Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Oct 27: Harvest Festival, Springridge Farm
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Giant Corn Maze Open, Stonehaven Farms
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Pick Your Own Pumpkins, Stonehaven Farms
- To Tues Oct 29: Cyclocross Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- To Sun Nov 3: Pumpkins After Dark, Country Heritage Park
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sun Oct 6-Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Fri 4: Sloan, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 5: Furry Friends 5K, Spencer Smith Park
- Sat 5: Pajama Night Moon Explorer, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sat 5: InstaChoir, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 5: Women Fully Clothed: Invisible, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 5- Sun 6: Spooktacular Halloween, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sat 5-Sun 6: Hops & Harvest, Kelso C. Area
- Sun 6: CIBC Run for the Cure, Central Park Bandshell
- Sun 6: Open House Days, Freeman Station
- Sun 6: Open House, Burlington Fire Station 1 Headquarters
- Sun 6: Directors Film Series: “Empire of the Sun”, Central Library
- Sun 6: Photography Workshops Series – Fall Colours, Mount Nemo C. Area
- Sun 6: Raptors in Focus, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sun 6: Celebrating the Legacy of Thomas Baker McQuesten, RBG
- Mon 7: Urban Beekeeping Series, RBG
- Tues 8: Doc*Side: “The White Crow”, Central Library