#BurlON til Oct 30
The end of October is next week and with that comes the end of some of the fall-themed events. This weekend is the last weekend of the Burlington Centre Farmer’s Market, as well as the Eruptions Exhibit at the Art Gallery, so be sure to check them out plus more this week in #BurlON.
This is the last weekend of the Harvest Festival at Springridge Farm. Get into the fall spirit with wagon rides, a spooky boo barn, straw bale jumping, pony rides, and more! The Springridge Farm BBQ Barn is open for the festival and you can finish your day with a trip to the Barn Market for some fall treats.
Treats in our Streets
Saturday from 10-1 make sure to visit Downtown Burlington for the annual Treats in our Streets fun. Enjoy trick or treating at participating businesses and visit the different activity zones including face painting, petting zoo, popcorn and more! To see the full schedule visit the website here. Pick up your map and treats bag (first 1500 only) at the Downtown BIA Tent next to Kelly’s Bake Shoppe at 401 Brant Street.
Visit the Halton County Radial Railway this weekend for the Halloween Spooktacular. On Saturday from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm, walk through the haunted barn and take a ride on a streetcar while enjoying apple cider and spooky snacks. Tickets are sold at the door.
Oct 25-26 is the 2019 Breeder’s Crown at Woodbine Mohawk Park. Enjoy the best in Standardbred horse racing with excellent dining and hospitality options. General Admission is free but check online for more ticket options.
Pumpkins After Dark
Visit Country Heritage Park this weekend for Pumpkins After Dark. Running Thurs-Sun until Nov 3, explore more than 5000 hand-carved jack-o-lanterns and over 100 pumpkin sculptures lighting up the 1/4 mile path. Enjoy your stroll as music, lights, and sound effects bring the pumpkins to life.
Celebrate Hallowe’en at Ireland House Museum
On Sunday October 27 visit the Ireland House Museum for a special Hallowe’en themed event that is included with your regular admission. Enjoy a museum tour, Candy Apple Bar, a Victorian Halloween game and a Halloween themed craft.
This is the last week to enjoy the Farmer’s Market at Burlington Centre. On Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday shop for local food like meats and cheese, produce, and more. Wednesday and Saturday 8am-2pm and Friday 8am-3pm.
Arts and Culture
This is the last weekend of the Eruptions Exhibit at the Art Gallery of Burlington, so be sure to check it out before it is gone. Also at the Art Gallery is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, until December 31.
There is plenty to see at the Performing Arts Centre this weekend. On Thurs 24 is The Joshua Show and Mary Wilson of the Supremes, and on Fri 25 is Lion Bear Fox. Saturday is Ones:The Beatles #1 Hits and also Andy G and Friends, a children’s show. Sunday is Max Weinberg’s Jukebox. Get out and enjoy these fantastic shows in downtown Burlington, and plan a visit to one of the fabulous downtown restaurants .
- Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- To Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Oct 27: Harvest Festival, Springridge Farm
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Giant Corn Maze Open, Stonehaven Farms
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Pick Your Own Pumpkins, Stonehaven Farms
- To Tues Oct 29: Cyclocross Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- To Sun Nov 3: Pumpkins After Dark, Country Heritage Park
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Wed 23: Eco-Film Festival: “Living the Change”, Central Library
- Thurs 24: The Joshua Show, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 24: Mary Wilson of the Supremes, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 24-Fri 25: The Great Pumpkin Trail, RBG
- Fri 25: Lion Bear Fox, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 25-Sun 27: Camper Halloween, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sat 26: Treats in Our Streets, Downtown Burlington
- Sat 26: Ones – The Beatles #1 Hits, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 26: Andy G & Friends – Our Cat Flash Children’s Music Show, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 26: Halloween Spooktacular, Streetcar Museum
- Sat 26- Sun 27: Spooktacular Halloween, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sun 27: Halloween Pics, Tricks & Treats, Burlington Centre
- Sun 27: Celebrate Halloween!, Ireland House at Oakridge Farm
- Sun 27: Max Weinberg’s Jukebox, Performing Arts Centre