#BurlON til Oct 23
Halloween is just around the corner and Halloween events are happening around #BurlON. Check out our Hallowe’en blog for some great events to help get you into the spirit. Here are some fun things we think you should check out this week in #BurlON til Oct 23.
The Springridge Farm Harvest Festival is on every weekend until Sunday, October 27. Enjoy fall-themed fun like the Spooky Boo Barn, Wagon Rides, and more. Grab a bite at the Springridge Farm BBQ Barn and finish the day with a trip to the Barn Market for some fall treats.
Visit Mountsberg Conservation Area this weekend for Spooktacular Halloween. See how the park has been transformed for the season with wagon rides, a Haunted Barn, and more. Also, watch live snake and Birds of Prey shows from Mountsberg’s resident raptors. The event is included in your admission to the park.
Explore the Exhibits
The newly reopened Joseph Brant Museum is host to a fantastic exhibit until Sun Jan 12. The “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit includes rock-themed interactive pinball machines, as well as merchandise from artists and bands. Read more about the exhibit in our blog here.
There are a couple of fantastic exhibits ongoing at the Art Gallery of Burlington. Until Sun Oct 27 is the Eruptions Exhibit and until Tues Dec 31 is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit. Every Sunday the AGB hosts a Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free and this is a great way to be creative as a family.
See how the Halton County Radial Railway has transformed for Halloween Spooktacular. This Saturday October 19, take a ride on the old creaky cars while enjoying some hot apple cider and scary snacks. Tickets are available at the door, costumes are encouraged!
Enjoy a night out in Downtown Burlington with some of the amazing performances going on this weekend. On Thurs 17 is Legacy: A Tribute to Gord Downie, and on Fri 18 are Live & Local Music Series: Robins Avenue & Abby J. Hall and Citadel + Compagnie: Elvis & The Man in Black, all at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. Also at BPAC on Sat 19 are Tomson Highway: Songs in the Key of Cree and PIGS: Canada’s Pink Floyd, as well as Prospects: An Evening of Dance & Discussion. Also on Sat 19 is Burlington Concert Band Children’s Concert, a free performance at the Burlington Music Centre.
Pumpkins after Dark
Until November 3 you’ll want to visit Country Heritage Park in Milton for Pumpkins After Dark. This new event features more than 5000 hand-carved jack-o-lanterns and over 100 pumpkin sculptures lighting up the 1/4 mile path. Enjoy your stroll as music, lights, and sound effects bring the pumpkins to life.
Fall at the Royal Botanical Gardens
Fall is a beautiful time to visit the Royal Botanical Gardens. Enjoy a hike on one of their beautiful trails or a walk through the gardens. Every Sunday at 2:00 pm they offer a Back to Nature hike. Get in the Hallowe’en spirit at the RBG on Thursday October 17 for RBG After Dark: Boos, Brew and BBQ. This is a 19+ event featuring craft beer and BBQ treats. Wear your costume and enjoy a night outdoors with great music.
- , Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- To Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Oct 27: Harvest Festival, Springridge Farm
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Giant Corn Maze Open, Stonehaven Farms
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Pick Your Own Pumpkins, Stonehaven Farms
- To Tues Oct 29: Cyclocross Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- To Sun Nov 3: Pumpkins After Dark, Country Heritage Park
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Thurs 17: RBG After Dark: Boos, Brews & BBQ, RBG
- Thurs 17: Legacy: A Tribute to Gord Downie, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 18: Live & Local Music Series: Robins Avenue & Abby J. Hall, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 18: Citadel + Compagnie: Elvis & The Man in Black, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 18-Sun 20: Camper Halloween, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sat 19: Forest Bathing – Shinrin Yoku, Mount Nemo C. Area
- Sat 19: Burlington Food Tours, Various downtown restaurants* SOLD OUT
- Sat 19: Raise The Woof Comedy Night, Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
- Sat 19: Halloween Spooktacular, Streetcar Museum
- Sat 19: Fright Night at Mountsberg, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sat 19: Burlington Concert Band Children’s Concert, Burlington Music Centre
- Sat 19: Tomson Highway: Songs in the Key of Cree, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 19: Prospects: An Evening of Dance & Discussion, Burlington Student Theatre
- Sat 19: PIGS: Canada’s Pink Floyd, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 19- Sun 20: Spooktacular Halloween, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sun 20: Rotary Turkey Trot, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sun 20: Antiques Home Show, RBG
- Wed 23: Eco-Film Festival: “Living the Change”, Central Library