#BurlON til Oct 2
Fall has arrived and with it a lot of fall-themed activities in #BurlON. This weekend explore the city and its culture with Doors Open and Culture Days, or spend some time outdoors in one of the Conservation Halton parks. Here are some of our picks on things to do in #BurlON ’til Oct 2.
This Friday to Sunday is Culture Days in #BurlON. At various locations across the city, enjoy free arts and cultural events and activities. This year’s theme is “Creativity, the Arts, and Well-being”. Come visit us at the Visitor Centre at 414 Locust St for free crafts and information about Culture Days in the city! For more information, check out our blog.
Doors Open Burlington is back this Saturday. From 10 am to 4 pm, enjoy free admission to many different sites and attractions throughout the city. This is a great way to view the city from a new perspective and learn about culture in our city. Some of the participating sites are Nickelbrook Brewing Co, Nuvo Network, Freeman Station, Joseph Brant Museum, the Royal Botanical Gardens and many more! Free admission on Saturday only for Doors Open.
Markets in #BurlON
There are many different opportunities to browse local markets. This Saturday is the Aldershot Village BIA Market, with various vendors and live music from 9 am to 1 pm. Also, the Centro Garden Farmer’s Market is ongoing until Oct 6. Shop local vendors form 9 am to 12 pm, The Burlington Centre Farmer’s Market is ongoing until Oct 26 on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Pumpkins After Dark
Starting Thursday, September 26 is Pumpkins After Dark at Country Heritage Park in Milton. Until November 3, stroll along the ¼ mile path of more than 5000 hand carved jack-o-lanterns and over 100 pumpkin sculptures. See the pumpkins come to life with music, sound effects, and special lights. Tickets are available online so book yours before they sell out!
We love this time of year for visits to the farm and all the harvest activities and fun. We are fortunate in Burlington to have two different Harvest Festivals happening. Until the last weekend of October Springridge Farm is holding their annual Harvest Festival which runs weekends from 10-4. Tractor rides, professional puppet show, BBQ barn, pumpkin patch and more fun!
This weekend Bronte Creek Provincial Park holds their annual Harvest Festival. It runs Saturday and Sunday and offers wagon rides, pumpkin carving, historical demonstrations, farmhouse tours and more.
Appleby Line Street Festival
Sunday is the annual Appleby Line Street Festival from 1-5 pm. See classic cars, live music, visit food truck alley, local vendors and community groups, Kids Zone and don’t forget The Amazing Bed Race. Appleby Line between Fairview Street and New Street. Don’t miss the fun!
Arts and Culture
There are a couple of different exhibits at the Art Gallery of Burlington currently ongoing. The Eruptions Exhibit is ongoing until Sun Oct 27, and The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit is ongoing until Tues Dec 31. Every week at the AGB there is Family Sunday Open Studio. This is absolutely free and is a great way to get creative as a family.
This Friday and Saturday are the final performances of “Last of the Red Hot Lovers” at Theatre Burlington. Shows start at 8 pm and it’s sure to be a fun night out. There are two shows at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre this weekend. On Sat 28 is Tom Wilson: Beautiful Scars – A Symphonic Literary Recital, and on Sun 29 is Sultans of String with Burlington Symphony Orchestra: A World of Music.
The Great Outdoors
Enjoy the fall weather at Stonehaven Farms this season. The Giant Corn Maze is now open until the end of October. Also, visit the farm to Pick Your Own Pumpkins, just in time to carve them for Halloween.
This Sunday at Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area is Try It Series – Rock Climbing. This fun course gives you the opportunity to learn skills and safety, as well as try, rock climbing outdoors.
Hiking is available at all of the Conservation Halton parks. Spend some time in the fall weather while exploring the amazing greenspace in our city. For information on trails and difficulty, check here.
Those are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Oct 2. For more information come visit us at the Visitor Centre at 414 Locust St, open 9 am to 4 pm, seven days a week.
· Sun. to Oct 6: Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
· Wed., Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
· To Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
· Late Sept to Late Oct: Giant Corn Maze Open, Stonehaven Farms
· Late Sept to Late Oct: Pick Your Own Pumpkins, Stonehaven Farms
· To Tues Oct 29: Cyclocross Race Series, Kelso C. Area
· To Sun Nov 3: Pumpkins After Dark, Country Heritage Park
· To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
· Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
· Fri 27-Sat 28: “Last of the Red Hot Lovers”, Drama Centre
· Fri 27-Sun 29: Culture Days, Various locations in Burlington
· Sat 28: Aldershot Village BIA Market, Across from Maplehurst School
· Sat 28: Open House Days, Freeman Station
· Sat 28: Doors Open Burlington, Various sites in Burlington
· Sat 28: Burlington Food Tours, Various downtown restaurants
· Sat 28: Tom Wilson: Beautiful Scars – A Symphonic Literary Recital, Performing Arts Centre
· Sat 28-Sun 29: Cultural Diversity Festival, Performing Arts Centre
· Sat 28-Sun 29: Fall Harvest Festival, Bronte Creek P.P.
· Sun 29: Public Viewing Sessions, Burlington Model Railway Club
· Sun 29: E-A-T Burlington | Explore Authentic Tastes, Downtown Burlington
· Sun 29: Sultans of String with Burlington Symphony Orchestra: A World of Music, Performing Arts Centre
· Sun 29: Amazing Bed Race, Appleby Line & Fairview Street
· Sun 29: Appleby Line Street Festival, Appleby Line from New Street to Fairview Street
· Sun 29: Try It Series – Rock Climbing, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
· Mon 30: Meet the Author: Robyn Doolittle, RBG