#BurlON til Oct 16
Fall is one of our favourite times of the year, the crisp fall days and the beautiful shades as the leaves change colour. Get out and enjoy fall in #BurlON at the many fun events this week. Visit one of the many fall festivals or get into the fall spirit with pumpkin picking and wagon rides. Here are some of the things we recommend you check out this week.
This Saturday Oct 12 is the last Aldershot Village BIA Market of the year. From 9 am to 1 pm shop food vendors, retail vendors, and local fruit and produce. Also, enjoy live music while you shop. Perfect timing before your Thanksgiving dinner.
Explore the growing food scene in Burlington at The Foodie Show. Visit the Ron Joyce Centre on Saturday Oct 12 from 10 am to 4 pm to shop from 45 local foodie makers. Also, enjoy live cooking shows, sip craft beer and artisanal cocktails, and samples. Tickets are available online or at the door.
A Night of Entertainment
Enjoy a night out at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre this weekend with one of the various performances that are on. On Thursday the 10 is April Wine, on Friday the 11 is Lunch at Allen’s, on Saturday the 12 Charo performs and on Tuesday the 15 is The Wiggles: Party Time Tour!. Complete the evening with dinner at one of downtown #BurlON’s fantastic restaurants.
Bruce Trail Hike-a-Thon
For the month of October, participate in the Bruce Trail Hike-a-thon. Explore the expansive Bruce Trail while raising money from friends and family pledges to ensure the history of the trail. Hike the Iroquia region that includes Burlington and passes through Crawford Lake Conservation Area.
Art in #BurlON
There are two fantastic exhibits ongoing at the Art Gallery of Burlington. Until Sunday, October 27 is the Eruptions Exhibit, and until Tuesday, December 31 is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit. Also, every Sunday at the AGB is the Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is free and it is a great way to get creative as a family.
Weekends until October 27 at Springridge Farm is the Harvest Festival. From 10 am to 4 pm enjoy various fall activities like wagon rides, straw bale jumping, pony rides, and more. Finish the day at the Barn Market for fall décor, baking, apples, and apple cider. Thanksgiving Monday the Festival is also being offered, so make sure to pay them a visit!
Visit Mountsberg Conservation Area to see the ghoulish transformation for Spooktacular Halloween. Explore the spooky Haunted Barn, take a fall wagon ride, watch live snake presentations and Bird of Prey presentations, and more. Wear your Halloween costume for a free treat in the shop. This event is on Sat Oct 12 and Sun Oct 13 from 10 am to 4 pm.
These are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Oct 16. For more information come visit us at the Visitor Centre at 414 Locust St, open 9 am to 4 pm, seven days a week. Our Visitor Information Centre will be closed on Thanksgiving Monday. We hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend with your family and friends!
- Wed., Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- To Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Oct 27: Harvest Festival, Springridge Farm
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Giant Corn Maze Open, Stonehaven Farms
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Pick Your Own Pumpkins, Stonehaven Farms
- To Tues Oct 29: Cyclocross Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- To Thurs Oct 31: Bruce Trail Hike-a-thon, Various locations
- To Sun Nov 3: Pumpkins After Dark, Country Heritage Park
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Thurs 10: April Wine, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 11: Lunch at Allen’s, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 12: Aldershot Village BIA Market, Across from Maplehurst School
- Sat 12: The Foodie Show, Ron Joyce Centre
- Sat 12: Charo, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 12- Sun 13: Spooktacular Halloween, Mountsberg C. Area
- Tues 15: The Wiggles: Party Time Tour!, Performing Arts Centre
- Tues 15: Autumn Book & Author Series, RBG
- Tues 15: Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Wave of Light Ceremony, Brant St. Pier