#BurlON til Nov 6
This week is Hallowe’en and the end of October. As November arrives, there is lots to see & do in #BurlON. Here are some things we think you should try in #BurlON til Nov 6.
Art in Action
This weekend is the 17th annual Art in Action Studio Tour. On Nov 2 and 3 visit various different artists in their studios on this self-guided tour. Watch demonstrations of the artists’ skills and explore the original, one-of-a-kind art and crafts for sale. Go at your own pace and enjoy a nice day out.
This Friday and Saturday is the opening weekend for Drury Lane Theatre’s “Legally Blonde”. Enjoy a fun night out with this upbeat musical and support local talent while you’re at it. The shows begin at 8 pm and tickets are available online.
Performances at BPAC
Enjoy Halloween with a fun twist on a classic with The Rocky Horror Acoustic Show at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre on Thurs 31. Also at BPAC this week is Vanessa Marie Carter and Ken Lavigne: 3 Knights with a Tenor on Fri 1, and Classic Albums Live: Supertramp Breakfast in America on Sat 2. Plus, shows on Sat 2 and Sun 3 for Swingin’ in St. John’s: The Musical, and on Sun 3 Burlington Symphony Orchestra – Russian Treasures. Finally on Tues 5 –Wed 6 is Snap.
This is the last weekend of Pumpkins After Dark. Visit Country Heritage Park in Milton until Nov 3 to stroll down the ¼ mile path with more than 5000 hand-carved jack-o-lanterns and over 100 pumpkin sculptures. Take in the special lights, sound effects, and music for a spooky experience.
Also at Country Heritage Park is Fall Lockdown 2019. On Sat 2, explore the historical house of the Lucas Family and see if any spirits make an appearance.
Exhibits to Explore
Joseph Brant Museum is host to a fantastic exhibit until Sun Jan 12. The “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit features rock-themed interactive pinball machines, as well as merchandise from artists and bands. Read our blog to learn more about the exhibit.
These are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Nov 6. For more information come visit us at the Visitor Centre at 414 Locust St, open 9 am to 4 pm, seven days a week.
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Giant Corn Maze Open, Stonehaven Farms
- Late Sept to Late Oct: Pick Your Own Pumpkins, Stonehaven Farms
- To Sun Nov 3: Pumpkins After Dark, Country Heritage Park
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Wed 30: Annual Halloween Event, Mapleview Centre
- Thurs 31: The Rocky Horror Acoustic Show, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 1: Vanessa Marie Carter, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 1: Ken Lavigne: 3 Knights with a Tenor, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 1-Sat 2: “Legally Blonde”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 2: Classic Albums Live: Supertramp Breakfast in America, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 2: Fall Lockdown 2019, Country Heritage Park
- Sat 2-Sun 3: Swingin’ in St. John’s: The Musical, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 2-Sun 3: Art in Action Studio Tour, Various locations
- Sun 3: Burlington Symphony Orchestra – Russian Treasures, Performing Arts Centre
- Tues 5-Wed 6: Snap, Performing Arts Centre