#BurlON til Nov 28
We’ve still got a month until it is officially winter but that didn’t stop the snow from coming a little early! There are many family holiday activities highlighted in the list below this week.
Burlington’s Festive Lights
Did you see the elves busy setting up lights in Spencer Smith Park in preparation for the Lakeside Festival of Lights? They are already shining bright at night and we look forward to them officially launching the lights on November 30 during the Candlelit Stroll. For more information about these events refer to the Festival of Lights blog.
The Rock Garden at the Royal Botanical Gardens becomes a winter wonderland with thousands of festive lights, Christmas songs, treats, and their Escarpment Train Exhibit for Winter Lights at the Rock. Tickets are available online or at the door upon entering the event.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is celebrating the season with a Festival of Trees from November 22- December 20. The lobby is sparkling with a colourful and festive display of decked-out Christmas trees! Each tree is sponsored and decorated by a local business or organization (including Tourism Burlington who has a Taste of Burlington themed tree). Canadian Tire, Burlington Stores, donates all of the Christmas trees. Patrons and visitors to BPAC will have the opportunity to take one of these stunning trees home by purchasing raffle tickets. The festival is a joint community fundraising initiative by BPAC and the Arts & Culture Council of Burlington (ACCOB) to help offset the costs associated with renting BPAC’s Community Studio Theatre.
Arts & Entertainment
Trying to escape the snow? Check out the performances going on this week. On Thurs 22 is Carl Dixon: Whole ‘Nother Thing – Songs and Stories from a Life on the Road, and on Fri 23 is Classic Albums Live: AC/DC Back in Black, both at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre.
There is some great local theatre playing now, at Drury Lane this is the last weekend to catch Once Upon a Mattress and a children’s favorite Rumpelstiltskin is playing this weekend and next at Theatre Burlington. A perfect date night or family outing close to home.
The Art Gallery of Burlington is hosting its annual Soup Bowl event this week and there are just a few tickets left. While at the Gallery check out the Guild Christmas Sale on Thursday Nov 22 to Sunday Nov 25 where you can meet local makers and enjoy art demonstrations while you shop for gifts of original art and craft.
For the second year in #BurlON, November becomes Novemburger. In 23 restaurants across Burlington, try a signature burger and rate them on the Novemburger website. The best part – $2 from the sale of every Novemburger goes to the United Way of Halton and Hamilton. Check out our blog for more information on Novemburger in Burlington.
With a little sprinkling of snow it is now feeling like the holiday season. Santa is everywhere in #BurlON so there are plenty of opportunities to visit with the jolly old elf. For all the details visit our Here Comes Santa blog.
- Daily to Nov 30: Novemburger, Various Burlington Restaurants
- To Dec 15: Rushing to the Shallows, C. Miles Goldring Art Gallery
- Wed & Fri to Dec 19: Visits with Santa, RBG Hendrie
- To Dec 20: Festival of Trees, Performing Arts Centre
- Daily to Dec 23: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG Hendrie
- Suns to Dec 30: Back to Nature Hike, Rotating Start Points
- To Dec 30: Winter Lights at the Rock, RBG Rock Gardens
- Daily to Jan 6: Botanical Train Display, RBG Centre
- Wknds to Dec 23 & Daily Dec 27-31 & Jan 2-6: Escarpment Train Exhibit, RBG Rock Gardens
- Fri Nov 30-Tues Jan 8: Festival of Lights, Spencer Smith Park
- Daily to Jan 13: Mini Exhibit: Seeds in Disguise, RBG Centre
- Sat Dec 1-Sun Jan 27: Dancing on the Grave, Art Gallery
- Sat Dec 1-Sun Jan 27: Beautiful Scars: Mohawk Warriors, Hunters, and Chiefs, Art Gallery
- Wed 21: Eco-Film Fest: Time to Choose, Central Library
- Thurs 22-Sun 25: Guild Christmas Sale, Art Gallery
- Thurs 22-Sun 25: “Once Upon a Mattress”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 23: Classic Albums Live: AC/DC Back in Black, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 23: Angel Tournament & Festival, Nelson Arena
- Fri 23-Sun 25: “Rumpelstiltskin”, Drama Centre
- Sat 24: Santa’s Arrival, Burlington Centre
- Sat 24: Mama’s Christmas Market, Country Heritage Park
- Sat 24: Burlington MADE Craft Market, Ron Joyce Centre
- Sat 24: Harbourtown Sound: A Gift of Song, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 24: Twas the Night Before Christmas – A Family Holiday Concert, Compass Point Bible Church
- Sat 24: Effusion: An Evening of Warm Classical Music, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 24: Grandma Used to Heckle Me: Comedy Tour, Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre
- Sat 24-Sun 25: Christmas Activities, Springridge Farm
- Sun 25: Visit with Santa, Salvation Community Church
- Sun 25: Harbourtown Sound: A Gift of Song to End Polio, Performing Arts Centre
- Tues 27: Holiday Magic Evergreen Arrangements, RBG Centre
- Tues 27: Harry’s Story, Still, Central Library
- Tues 27: Essential Oils 101, Brant Hills Library
- Wed 28: Creative Winter Photography, Central Library
- Wed 28: Holiday Magic Evergreen Arrangements, RBG Centre