#BurlON til Nov 27
The Holiday season is upon us! The city is busy with lots of fun activities to get into the holiday spirit, with the Festival of Trees beginning this week at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre, as well as Santa making visits all around Burlington. ke. Here are our pics for things to do in #BurlON ’til Nov 27.
Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp
This weekend, see Theatre Burlington’s production of “Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp”. From Fri 22 to Sun 24, enjoy time out with the family at this fantastic show. Tickets are available online.
Festival of Trees
The 3rd Annual Festival of Trees has returned to the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. Until Sat Dec 21, marvel at the over 35 Christmas trees decorated and sponsored by local businesses. Also, participate in a silent auction for the chance to bring one of the trees home with you for the holidays. The lobby will be open from 12-4 daily so you can enjoy looking at the trees, but if you have tickets for a performance you can enjoy then as well.
Arts and Culture
At the Art Gallery of Burlington explore The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, ongoing until Tues, Dec 31. Also, every week is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free so make sure you visit and get creative.
The newly expanded Joseph Brant Museum has a fun, interactive exhibit ongoing until Jan 12. The Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit has plenty of interactive rock-themed pinball machines as well as band memorabilia to check out.
All weekend long the Drury Lane Theatre has performances of their production of “Legally Blonde”. Be sure to get your tickets to see this fantastic musical.
Santa Claus is Coming to #BurlON
Celebrate the holiday season with Christmas at Springridge Farm. Kids can decorate a Christmas ornament to take home for their tree and enjoy a freshly baked gingerbread cookie. Also, visit with Santa in his workshop for Christmas photos. This event is on weekends until December 15, 10 am to 3 pm.
Santa’s also making a stop at the Royal Botanical Gardens for Santa’s Signature Experience. Wednesdays to Sundays until December 22 enjoy visits with Santa and his elves, storytelling, crafts, and a ride on the RBG express. Tickets are available online. Weekends are sold out, but there are still times available on weekdays!
Santa arrives at Burlington Centre on Saturday. Weather permitting he’ll be arriving by helicopter in the exterior parking lot and then making his way into his Santa cabin in the mall. Enjoy Starbucks drinks and cookies from Denninger’s. The Burlington Junior Redcoats Teen Band will be playing.
For more holiday fun check and to see where else Santa can be spotted, check out our holiday blog.
Shop in Downtown Burlington and Win!
All November long shop in Downtown Burlington and you could win a $500 shopping spree. Get a ballot with every purchase at participating retailers and at the end of the month it could be you who wins!
- Daily to Sat Nov 30: Retail Roundup, Downtown Burlington shops
- Wknds from Sat Nov 23-Sun Dec 8, Christmas at Springridge Farm, Springridge Farm
- Tues from Tues Nov 19-Tues Dec 17, Fri Nov 22 & 29: Visit with Santa, RBG
- Wed Nov 20-Sat Dec 21: Festival of Trees, Performing Arts Centre – Lobby
- Weds to Suns from Sat Nov 16-Sun Dec 22: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG
- Wknds from Sat Nov 16-Sun Jan 5: Escarpment Train Show, RBG* Closed Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sat Nov 16-Sun Jan 5: Botanical Train Display, RBG
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Mid-Nov.-Early March: Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Thurs 21-Sun 24: “Legally Blonde”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 22-Sun 24: “Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp”, Drama Centre
- Fri 22: Sinatra with Matt Dusk, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 22: Visit with Santa, RBG
- Sat 23: 6th Annual Angel Tournament & Festival, Nelson Arena
- Sat 23: Army of Sass presents Joie de Vivre, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 23: Harbourtown Sound: North Pole’s Got Talent, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 23: Angels Among Us with Burlington Civic Chorale Singers, St. Christopher’s Church
- Sat 23: Santa’s Arrival, Burlington Centre
- Sun 24: Tom Allen’s “Bohemians in Brooklyn”, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 24: Sesame Street Live! C is for Celebration, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 24: Burlington Welsh Ladies Chorus Christmas Concert, St. Matthew on-the-Plains Church
- Wed 27: Meet the Author: Drew Hayden Taylor, Central Library