#BurlON til Nov 21
The holiday season is coming up fast and to celebrate there’s many Christmas themed activities to participate in here in Burlington. Here are some ideas of things to see and do in #BurlON this week.
Get Back to Nature
The Royal Botanical Gardens is inviting you to Get Back to Nature with guided hikes throughout their lands. The hikes are free and occur every Sunday. Visit their website for more details on departure points and details about the trails.
Christmas is coming up and to celebrate there are lots of fun holiday activities to do in Burlington. Head to Downtown Burlington for a night of shopping and sampling for Brant Street Mingle & Jingle. On Thursday the 15th an assortment of shops on Brant and John Street are hosting a fun night of shopping, free samples, gifts, and treats!
There’s plenty to do Saturday the 17th, with a Yuletide Bazaar at West Plain United Church, a Christmas Craft Market at Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre, and the Aldershot BIA Village Tree Lighting at Downsview Plaza.
Celebrate the Christmas season with the Ireland House at A Christmas Event. On Sunday, November 18 there will be tours of the historic home, treats, crafts, horse drawn wagon rides, roasted marshmallows, and reindeer!
For the second year in #BurlON, November becomes Novemburger. In 23 restaurants across Burlington, try a signature burger and rate them on the Novemburger website. The best part – $2 from the sale of every Novemburger goes to the United Way of Halton and Hamilton.
Check out our blog for more information on Novemburger in Burlington
Arts and Culture
If you’re looking for a way to escape the cold, rainy weather we’ve been having, why not see a show at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre? There is plenty to see such as Creating a Scene Wed 14, Martin Levac: Dance Into the Light Thurs 15, Jane Bunnett & Maqueque with Colleen Allen Fri 16, The Rotary Burlington Music Festival Concert Sat 17, and Royal Wood Sun 18. Drury Lane Theatre also has performances of “Once Upon a Mattress” Thursday the 15 through Sunday the 18.
Until Sunday November 18, Winnipeg artist Diana Thorneycroft is displaying her recent work at the Art Gallery of Burlington in an exhibit titled Black Forest (dark waters). On Sundays the Art Gallery offers a Family Open Studio drop-in from 1-4. Kids must have a parent with them but this is a great way for families to get creative together. Plus, admission is always FREE!
Cheryl Goldring is hosting an opening receiption November 17 from 1-5 for her exhibition, Rushing to the Shallows. The exhibition runs until December 15 at her studio.
Have a great week!
- To Sun Nov 18: Diana Thorneycroft: Black Forest (dark waters), Art Gallery
- Daily to Nov 30: Novemburger, Various Burlington Restaurants
- Suns to Dec 30: Back to Nature Hike, Rotating Start Points
- Thurs to Sun Nov 17-Dec 30: Winter Lights at the Rock, RBG Rock Gardens
- Wknds Nov 17-Dec 23 & Daily Dec 27-31 & Jan 2-6: Escarpment Train Exhibit, RBG Rock Gardens
- Daily Nov 17-Jan 6: Botanical Train Display, RBG Centre
- Daily Nov 17-Dec 23: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG Hendrie
- Daily Nov 17-Jan 13: Mini Exhibit: Seeds in Disguise, RBG Centre
- Weds & Fris Nov 21-19: Visits with Santa, RBG Hendrie
- Wed 14: Medical Advancements Inspired by the Great War, Central Library
- Wed 14: Creating a Scene, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 15: Martin Levac: Dance Into the Light, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 15: Brant Street Mingle & Jingle, Downtown Burlington
- Thurs 15-Sun 18: “Once Upon a Mattress”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Thurs 15-Sun 18: “Helen’s Necklace”, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 16: Jane Bunnett & Maqueque with Colleen Allen, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 17: Christmas Craft Market, Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre
- Sat 17: Bucket Drumming, Central Library
- Sat 17: Yuletide Bazaar, West Plain United Church
- Sat 17: The Rotary Burlington Music Festival Concert, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 17: Aldershot BIA Village Tree Lighting, Downsview Plaza
- Sat 17-Sun 18: Parade of Lights, Country Heritage Park
- Sun 18: “Rumpelstiltskin”, Drama Centre
- Sun 18: Christmas Fair, Halton Waldorf School
- Sun 18: Community Mindfulness Session, Mountainside Park
- Sun 18: Squirrelly Squirrels, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sun 18 A Christmas Event, Ireland House at Oakridge Farm
- Sun 18 Royal Wood, Performing Arts Centre
- Tues 20: Burlington & the First World War, Central Library
- Wed 21: Eco-Film Fest: “WASTED! The Story of Food Waste”, Central Library
- Wed 21: Paint Night Holiday Social, Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre