#BurlON til Nov 20
We’ve seen the first few snowflakes of the season and we say let it snow! This week brings a lot of holiday activities and seasonal events to enjoy. Here are some things we recommend trying in #BurlON til Nov 20.
Christmas Fine Art and Craft Sale
Get some unique, handcrafted Christmas gifts this weekend at the Arts Burlington Christmas Fine Art & Craft Sale. From Thursday 14 to Sunday 17 at the Art Gallery of Burlington browse original art and handmade crafts from The Guilds of Art Burlington. Admission is free, so be sure to purchase some amazing pieces for yourself or your loved ones.
Ireland House Family Christmas Event
Start off the holiday season with A Christmas Event at Ireland House on Sun 17. Enjoy classic holiday traditions such as visits with Santa and his reindeer, and hot cocoa. Also, take a horse-drawn wagon ride and tour the home of the Ireland family. Admission is payable at the door.
Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp
Theatre Burlington has performances of “Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp” beginning this Sun 17 with matinees at 1:30 and 3:30. Tickets are available online.
Arts and Culture
Ongoing at the Art Gallery of Burlington is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit until Tues Dec 31. Every Sunday is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free, and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
This weekend is full of exciting performances at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. On Thurs 14 is The Abrams and Tiffany, on Fri 15 is The British Legends and The Second City’s Cure for the Common Comedy, and on Sat 16 is More Legends of Motown.
Also, ongoing all weekend is Drury Lane Theatre’s production of “Legally Blonde”. There are evening shows of this hilarious musical Thurs 14 to Sat 16 as well as a matinee on Sun 17.
For more information on Art in #BurlON this month, check out our blog.
Santa is Coming to the RBG
Starting this week, you can Visit with Santa, on Tuesdays from Nov 19 to Dec 17 in Hendrie Park at the RBG. You can also take a train ride out to Santa’s Cabin while you’re there.
Also, this week is the beginning of Santa’s Signature Experience at the Royal Botanical Gardens. Enjoy storytelling, crafts, and a ride on the RBG Express. Tickets are required.
- Tues from Tues Nov 19-Tues Dec 17, Fri Nov 22 & 29: Visit with Santa, RBG
- Daily to Sat Nov 30: Retail Roundup, Downtown Burlington shops
- Weds to Suns from Sat Nov 16-Sun Dec 22: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Wknds from Sat Nov 16-Sun Jan 5: Escarpment Train Show, RBG* Closed Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
- Sat Nov 16-Sun Jan 5: Botanical Train Display, RBG
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Mid-Nov.-Early March: Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Thurs 14: The Abrams, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 14: Tiffany, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 14-Sun 17: Soup Bowl, Art Gallery* SOLD OUT
- Thurs 14-Sun 17: Arts Burlington Christmas Fine Art & Craft Sale, Art Gallery
- Thurs 14-Sun 17: “Legally Blonde”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 15: RBG Speaker Series: Adam Shoalts, RBG
- Fri 15: The British Legends, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 15: The Second City’s Cure for the Common Comedy, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 16: Christmas Craft Market, Mohawk Inn & Conference Centre
- Sat 16: A Morning with Anna & Michael Olson, Springridge Farm
- Sat 16: Aldershot BIA Village Tree Lighting, Plains Road East & Downsview Ave
- Sat 16: More Legends of Motown, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 17: “Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp”, Drama Centre
- Sun 17: A Christmas Event at Ireland House, Ireland House at Oakridge