#BurlON til Nov 13
It’s a busy week week in #BurlON ’til Nov 13. There are new exhibits at the Art Gallery, as well as the return of the Holiday House Tour. Also, Monday is Remembrance Day, so join us downtown for the ceremony and a parade. Here are some of our recommendations for things to do this week.
On Monday, Nov 11, join us for the Remembrance Day Parade and Ceremony. Starting in Spencer Smith Park and finishing at City Hall there will be ceremonies and a parade in honour of the Canadian men and women who have sacrificed for us. For more information, visit our blog.
Holiday Home Tour
This Fri, Sat, and Sun is the 37th annual Holiday House Tour of Distinctive Homes. Tour beautifully decorated homes, meet the designers and get ideas for your own home decor this holiday season. Check online for ticket information.
Drury Lane Theatre’s production of “Legally Blonde” is on this weekend with evening performances on Friday and Saturday, as well as a matinee on Sunday. Enjoy this entertaining musical while supporting local talent here in #BurlON.
Tea Festival at the RBG
Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens on Sat Nov 9 and Sun Nov 10 from 10 am to 4 pm for the 4th annual Tea Festival. Celebrate the beloved beverage with performances and traditional tea ceremonies. Learn about tea culture and history while sampling teas from around the world.
Shop in Downtown Burlington
All November long shop in Downtown Burlington and with every purchase, get a ballot and you can win in the November Retail Roundup. 4 different $500 shopping sprees will be awarded to lucky shoppers.
Arts and Culture
There are a few different performances at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. On Wed 6 is Snap, on Sat 9 is Mariachi Herencia De Mexico, and on Sun 10 is The Man In Black – A Tribute to Johnny Cash, starring Shawn Barker.
At the newly renovated Joseph Brant Museum, there is an ongiong exhibit until Sun, Jan 12. The “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit features interactive pinball games, as well as memorabilia from rock artists and bands.
Starting Thurs Nov 7 there are two new exhibits at the Art Gallery of Burlington, with Living off the Land on until Jan 12, and Holding Space until Jan 26. Also, ongoing until Dec 31 is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit. Every week at the AGB is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free and this is a great way to get creative as a family on Sunday afternoons.
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Wed 6: Snap, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 7: Photography Workshops Series – The Digital Dark Room Photo Editing, Crawford Lake C. Area
- Fri 8-Sun 10: “Legally Blonde”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 8-Sun 10: Holiday House Tour of Distinctive Homes, Various homes in Burlington & Waterdown
- Sat 9: Raptors in Focus, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sat 9: Mariachi Herencia De Mexico, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 9-Sun 10: Tea Festival, RBG
- Sat 9-Sun 10: Parade of Lights, Country Heritage Park
- Sun 10: The Man In Black – A Tribute to Johnny Cash, starring Shawn Barker, Performing Arts Centre
- Mon 11: Remembrance Day Parade and Ceremony, Spencer Smith Park, City Hall
- Tues 12: Autumn Book & Author Series, RBG