#BurlON til May 9
Welcome spring! There are numerous spring activities in #BurlON to get you outside and enjoying the good weather including many charity walks and runs listed below.
This weekend we celebrate our twinning relationship with Apeldoorn, Netherlands and Itabashi, Japan with free events on Saturday from 11 – 3:30pm. Saturday marks the celebration of spring at the annual Sakura Festival from 1-3 at the Art Gallery of Burlington. This is a free event to celebrate the Japanese cherry blossoms and we are hopeful that the Sakura trees in Spencer Smith Park will soon be blooming. Also on Saturday is a celebration for Liberation Day(Netherlands) where we celebrate our special twin relationship with the city of Apeldoorn. Learn our shared histories as we salute our WWII veterans and honour contributions from Dutch Canadians. This celebration takes place from 11 am-noon in Civic Square outside City Hall. These events are always interesting and fun where we have learned a lot about these cultures and enjoyed watching the drummers, dancers and hearing the stories. Find out all the details in our twinning blog.
Starting this weekend a new production is at Drury Lane Theatre Curtains a musical comedy ‘whodunit’. Sounds like a winning combination and with evening and matinees you can find a time that fits your schedule.
Welcome to the Spring Cup Gymnastics Invitational participants who will be competing at Mainway this weekend. Congratulations to the Burlington Gymnastics Club who are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year.
If Arts & Culture is your thing, you’re in luck! The Art Gallery of Burlington has a new exhibit -the All Guilds Show, on until May 21. Enjoy browsing the exhibit plus others listed below and after visit their beautiful gallery shop or conservatory.
Weekends are always a great time to visit one of Burlington’s many restaurants for a meal out. We have a new brunch blog if you are in the mood for brunch out, always a great way to spend a Saturday or Sunday.
Mother’s Day will soon be here so for tips on places to go and shopping ideas check out our Mother’s Day blog.
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- To Sun May 21: All Guilds Show, Art Gallery
- Tues May 1-Thurs May 31: Student Art Exchange, Art Gallery
- Wknds & Holidays to Sun June 24: Spring , Crawford Lake
- Wknds & Holidays to Sun June 24: Spring, Mountsberg
- Wed 2: “A Tale of Samurai Cooking”, Central Library
- Fri 4: Speaker Series: Nikki Jabbour, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Fri 4-Sat 5: “Curtains”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 4-Sun 6: Spring Cup Girls Artistic Gymnastics Invitational, Mainway Recreation Centre
- Sat 5: Canada Netherlands Friendship Day, Civic Square
- Sat 5: Sakura Festival, Art Gallery
- Sun 6: Bike for Mike, Partial route along Lakeshore Road
- Sun 6: Paws for a Cause, Beachway Park
- Sun 6: “The Last Waltz”, Central Library
- Sun 6: Mandarin MS Walk, Robert Bateman High School
- Wed 9: Burlington’s Best Awards, Performing Arts Centre – MT