#BurlON til May 15
There’s so much to do here in #BurlON this week and with Mother’s Day this weekend, there are plenty of ways to celebrate. Walk through the beautiful flowers at Crawford Lake, enjoy brunch or lunch at one of our amazing restaurants or participate in a Food tour. This week also marks the kickoff of Centro Farmer’s Market’s eighth season. Here are some highlights for the week we think you should check out.
On Saturday 11, try a tour through downtown Burlington for the Burlington Food Tours Mother’s Day Special, where you can try various foods and meet the some of the best chefs in the city. On Sunday, enjoy a delicious Mother’s Day Brunch at the Burlington Convention Centre. Celebrate your Mom outdoors with the Wildflower Walk for Mom. At this time of year at Crawford Lake the forest floor erupts into beautiful wildflowers to explore. For more ideas on ways to celebrate Mother’s Day, check out our blog with many fun family activities.
Centro Farmer’s Market
This Sunday Centro Garden’s is kicking off their eighth season of the Centro Farmer’s Market. On May 12 from 9 am-12 pm check out the local vendors with products like jams and vegetables. The first 50 moms will receive a new reusable Centro Market shopping bag. There is also a succulent planter workshop for kids to enjoy and make a special gift for Mom.
Arts and Culture
There’s plenty to enjoy this week at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. On Thurs 9 is American Icons, on Fri 10 is Ron James.. Full Throttle!, on Sat 11 is Harbourtown Sound 15 Years, and Sun 12: Symphony on the Bay: American Proms and Girls Nite Out. From Friday 10 to Sunday 12 Drury Lane Theatre has is presenting Monty Python’s “Spamalot”.
For the month of May the Art Gallery of Burlington is hosting a Celebration of Art. Also, until May 19 is the whimsical exhibit All Guilds Show, Lore.Myths, Legends and Other Stories. Every Sunday the Art Gallery has a Family Sunday Open Studio. This is a great way to get creative as a family. Admission is always free, so make sure to stop by for some fantastic art or to find out you potential as an artist.
Explore the Outdoors
On Thurs 9 at Rattlesnake Point explore the sky with the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada for Astronomy Night. Learn how to use a telescope, and get amazing views of the moon, planets, stars, and more. Also, on Sat 11 Mountsberg is inviting you to get lens to beak for Raptors in Focus. Whether you’re an amateur or professional photographer, you can enjoy seeing these incredible raptors up close.
The Royal Botanical Gardens is inviting you to get Back to Nature with a guided hike throughout the vast grounds. These hikes occur every Sunday and are free to participate in. Hiking is also available at all of the Conservation parks in #BurlON. Check out Conservation Halton’s website to see which trail is best for you.
Dining in #BurlON
With the warmer weather creeping in restaurants are starting to open their patios. Burlington is home to over 300 restaurants, many award winning. If you want a view of Lake Ontario while you dine, try Spencer’s at the Waterfront or Emma’s Back Porch. There are also vegan/gluten-free/organic options, with Lettuce Love Café and Kelly’s Bake Shoppe for dessert. For more restaurants to try here in #BurlON, try here.
- To Sun May 19: All Guilds Show, Lore, Art Gallery
- Wed May 1 – Fri May 31: Celebration of Art, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Thurs 9: Manage Your Money, New Appleby Library
- Thurs 9: American Icons, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 9: Astronomy Night, Rattlesnake Point
- Thurs 9 – Sat 11: Always A Bridesmaid, West Plains United Church
- Fri 10: Ron James.. Full Throttle!, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 10 – Sun 12: Monty Python’s “Spamalot”,Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 11: Raptors in Focus, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sat 11: Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea, RBG *SOLD OUT
- Sat 11: Burlington Food Tours Mother’s Day Special, Various Burlington Restaurants
- Sat 11: Mother’s Day Tea, Ireland House Museum *SOLD OUT
- Sat 11: Harbourtown Sound 15 Years, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 11: Burlington Civic Chorale Singers: “Goin’ Home”, St. Christopher’s Church
- Sun 12: Mother’s Day Brunch, Tyandaga Golf Course
- Sun 12: Mother’s Day Brunch, Burlington Convention Centre
- Sun 12: Mother’s Day with Mairlyn Smith, Springridge Farms
- Sun 12: Symphony on the Bay: American Proms, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 12: Mother’s Day Brunch, RBG *SOLD OUT
- Sun 12: Mother’s Day, Halton County Radial Railway
- Sun 12: Girls Nite Out, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 12: Wildflower Walk for Mom, Crawford Lake C. Area
- Sun 12: Lace up for Love Mother’s Day 1km/5km Walk/Run, Spencer Smith Park
- Sun 12: Farmer’s Market Opening Day, Centro Garden
- Mon 13: Burlington Reads Book Club: Defying Limits by Dave Williams, Central Library
- Wed 15: Living Well on Retirement Income, New Appleby Library
- Wed 15: Meditation for Mental Health, Brant Hills Library
- Wed 15: Exploring the Birds of Ontario, Central Library