#BurlON til March 28
Run Forest Run!
This weekend marks the 124th year for the Around the Bay Race, the oldest road race in North America. There are still openings to register (no race day registration accepted) or you can cheer the runners along the race route or at the finish line at First Ontario Centre.
Share your Maple Moment
We are so lucky to be Canadian and have so many spots close by that offer fun activities for this sweet treat. Visit Mountsberg Conservation on weekends and holidays from 10-4 for their Maple Town. Enjoy pancakes in the great outdoors and sample maple candy- learn how sap is transformed into maple syrup. You can also visit Crawford Lake for their Sweet Water Season. Running the same times and days as Maple Town, you get the opportunity to visit the reconstructed Iroquoian Village and learn how maple syrup was first discovered and used by the Indigenous people through Sweet Water demonstrations (some edible demos!) Conservation Halton is running a Maple Moment Photo contest where you can share photos of your visit via social media.
Bronte Creek Provincial Park Maple Syrup Festival runs 9:30-3 on weekends and Easter weekend (not open Easter Monday). This festival specializes in the history of maple syrup on a heritage farm from 1900. Enjoy guided tours of maple lane, visit the pancake house, fresh maple candy, farm animals and be sure to visit the play barn!
This Saturday March 24 from 11 am – 3 pm the Sp’eggtacular Easter Event happening at Ireland House at Oakridge Farm Museum. Activities include an Easter Trail, entertainment, kids activities, police and fire vehicles,a BBQ and lots more – admission is FREE.
March Hare Party @ AGB
New this year the Art Gallery of Burlington is hosting a March Hare Tea Party on Sunday March 25. This is a High Tea with proceeds going towards the permanent collection and tickets are required in advance (deadline is March 21 to book). The Art Gallery of Burlington has numerous free exhibitions, a lovely conservatory which makes you feel like you are in the tropics. Their Knobs, Finials and Handles exhibit is running until April 8 or enjoy their Suited to a Tea: Forty Years – Forty Teapots until April 17. Also on display until April 8 is Prime Time featuring Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers. On Sundays AGB has Family Sunday Open Studio where you can get creative with your kids. Exhibits and the Open Studio is FREE!
Frogs! Oh my!
There is still time to hop over to the Royal Botanical Gardens for their Frogs! exhibit – it’s absolutely ribbeting! Lots of interactive displays and so much to learn about frogs! Sunday is a Jazz Brunch from 11-1, enjoy a delicious brunch while listening to live jazz music! The RBG Café had such success with the Taste of Burlington menu they designed that this menu has been extended another month. We hear the Chicken pot pie is delicious!
Of course it is never too early to plan for Easter activities by checking out our Easter blog.
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- Wknds from Sat March 3-Sun April 1: Maple Syrup Festival, Bronte Creek
- Wknds to Mon April 2: Sweet Water Season, Crawford Lake
- Wknds to Mon April 2: Maple Town, Mountsberg
- To Sun April 8: Prime Time, Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun April 8: Storytellers Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun April 8: Knobs, Finials & Handles Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun April 15: Frogs: A Chorus of Colours, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Tues March 20-Tues April 17: Damian Siqueiros: Prisms, Portraits of LGBTQ Canadians in Culture, Art Gallery
- To Tues April 17: Suited to a Tea: Forty Years, Forty Tea Pots, Art Gallery
- Wed 21: Eco Film Festival: “Chasing Coral”, Central Library
- Wed 21: Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Thurs 22: “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, Central Library
- Thurs 22: Tower of Power, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sat 24: Sp’egg’tacular Easter Event, Ireland House
- Sun March 25: Jazz Brunch at the Rock Concert Series, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sun 25: Around the Bay Road Race, North Shore Blvd, Plains Road, Spring Garden Road
- Sun 25: “2001: A Space Odyssey”, Central Library
- Sun 25: March Hare Tea Party, Art Gallery
- Mon 26: Machine de Cirque – Vox Pop, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Wed 28: Tom Cochrane & Red Rider, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Thurs 29: LED ZEPAGAIN – A Tribute to Led Zeppelin, Performing Arts Centre – MT