#BurlON ’til Mar 4
It’s the last few days of February and then March arrives which means maple syrup season. Visit Mountsberg, Crawford Lake, or Bronte Creek Provincial Park to enjoy festivals and maple treats. Also on is the Taste of Burlington at 44 restaurants. Here are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Mar 4.
Maple Syrup Season
This week is the start of Maple Syrup season and here in #BurlON there are plenty of ways to enjoy the sugary treat. Kickoff the season with the Sugar Maker’s Breakfast at Mountsberg Conservation Area where you can enjoy a pancake breakfast and a wagon ride around Mountsberg’s sugar bush, this weekend on Saturday and Sunday.
The Maple Syrup Festival at Bronte Creek Provincial Park begins Sunday, March 1. Every weekend of March as well as March Break, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. visit Bronte Creek to learn about the historical ways of making maple syrup and enjoy some treats while you’re there.
It’s Sweet Water Season weekends until April 7 and on March Break at Crawford Lake Conservation. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., learn about the skill of maple sugar making the way the First Nations people have for generations. Also, learn about the history of the village in the longhouses and enjoy syrup sampling.
At the same time is Maple Town at Mountsberg Conservation Area. Enjoy maple candy tasting, wagon rides, and finish the day with a trip to the Raptor Centre to watch the birds of prey show.
Taste of Burlington
The Taste of Burlington is on until March 8. Enjoy prix- fixe dining at 44 restaurants across Burlington, check online for menus and pricing. Also, enter contests for the chance to win gift cards to your favourite #BurlON restaurants.
RBG Wildlife Rescue
Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens this week to check out their Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue. Until April 13, learn about local wildlife and the people who dedicate their lives to rescuing endangered animals. Also, see live animal guests with different visitors every day, check online for a full schedule of shows.
Arts and Culture
Leaving the Art Gallery of Burlington this weekend on Sunday is the interlude Exhibit, so be sure to check it out before it’s gone. Ongoing until Mar 29 is the Division of Labour Exhibit. Also at the AGB is Family Sunday Open Studio every week. from 1-4 pm. Admission is always free, and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
The Drury Lane Theatre has performances of the 40th Drury Lane Music Hall ongoing from Thurs 27 to Sun March 1. This hilarious show is a must see!
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre has a few different shows this week. On Fri 28 is Feel the Burl: A Comedy Cabaret Series and Meghan Patrick. On Sun Mar 1 is Cheng² Duo, and on Tues 3 is HPO presents Re: Sound.
Giants, Dragons, and Unicorns
The Joseph Brant Museum is host to an exciting exhibit until Sun May 10. Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures lets you explore the legendary creatures with life-size sculptures and interactive stations.
These are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Mar 4. For more information on events, attractions, and more, visit us at 414 Locust St., open 9 am to 4 pm seven days a week, or call us at 905.634.5594.
- To Sun March 1: interlude Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Early March: Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- To Sun March 8: Taste of Burlington, Various restaurants in Burlington
- To Sun March 29: Division of Labour Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Wknds to Sun Mar 29 and March Break: Maple Syrup Festival, Bronte Creek
- Wknds Mar 2 to Apr 7 and March Break: Maple Town, Mountsberg Conservation
- Wknds Mar 2 to Apr 7 and March Break: Sweet Water Season, Crawford Lake
- To Mon Apr 13: Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue, RBG
- To Sun May 10: Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Thurs 27-Sun March 1: 40th Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 28: Feel the Burl: A Comedy Cabaret Series, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 28: Meghan Patrick, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 29: Antique Appraisal Event, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sat 29-Sun March 1: Orchid Society Spring Show & Sale, RBG
- Sat 29-Sun March 1: Sugar Maker’s Breakfast, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sun 1: 40th Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sun 1: Orchid Society Spring Show & Sale, RBG
- Sun 1: Cheng² Duo, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 1: Chilly Half-Marathon & Frosty 5km, Downtown Burlington
- Tues 3: HPO presents Re: Sound, Performing Arts Centre