#BurlON til Mar 14
This weekend marks the start of March Break and we have dedicated a separate blog to things to see and do over the week in #BurlON for families. We also have posted an Easter blog for those you are planning ahead to visit Burlington or invite friends and family to discover our city.
Hopping Good Time
There is still time to hop over to the Royal Botanical Gardens for their Frogs! exhibit – it’s absolutely ribbeting! Lots of interactive displays and so much to learn about frogs! While you’re there, enjoy lunch at their Greenhouse Cafe – they are part of the Taste of Burlington program, so you can enjoy a prix-fixe lunch for $20. Sunday is a Jazz Brunch from 11-1, enjoy a delicious brunch while listening to live jazz music!
Arts & Culture Abound
Step back in time and learn about Burlington’s history at Ireland House at Oakridge Farm. Explore what rural life was like from 1830’s to the 1920’s touring the historic farmstead buildings, yards, gardens and contents as they were acquired and used by the Ireland family. The Museum is open weekdays and Sunday afternoons from 1-4:30 pm.
The Art Gallery of Burlington always has something on so if you’re looking for something to do, you can enjoy some time there browsing one of their displays or their beautiful gift shop. Their Knobs, Finials and Handles exhibit is running until April 8 or enjoy their Suited to a Tea: Forty Years – Forty Teapots until April 17. Also running until April 8 is Prime Time featuring Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers.
March is Maple Syrup month! We are so lucky to be Canadian and have so many spots close by that offer fun activities for this sweet treat. Visit Mountsberg Conservation on weekends, holidays and March Break from 10-4 for their Maple Town. Enjoy pancakes in the great outdoors and sample maple candy- learn how sap is transformed into maple syrup. You can also visit Crawford Lake for their Sweet Water Season. Running the same times and days as Maple Town, you get the opportunity to visit the reconstructed Iroquoian Village and learn how maple syrup was first discovered and used by the Indigenous people through Sweet Water demonstrations (some edible demos!)
Bronte Creek Provincial Park Maple Syrup Festival runs 9:30-3 on weekends, March Break and Easter weekend (not open Easter Monday). This festival specializes in the history of maple syrup on a heritage farm from 1900. Enjoy guided tours of maple lane, visit the pancake house, fresh maple candy, farm animals and be sure to visit the play barn!
10 Years of Great Taste!
Taste of Burlington is on until March 11 at 36 restaurants across Burlington. With prix-fixe menus at great prices ($15 or $20 for lunch and $30, $35 or $40 for dinner) there are so many great restaurants offering great menus. Have a look at all the menus and make your reservations- you will be glad you did!
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- To Sun March 11: Taste of Burlington, Various Burlington restaurants
- To Sun March 18: The Art of Dance Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Sundays March 4-25: Jazz Brunch at the Rock Concert Series, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wknds from Sat March 3-Sun April 1: Maple Syrup Festival, Bronte Creek
- Wknds & March Break to Mon April 2: Sweet Water Season, Crawford Lake
- Wknds & March Break to Mon April 2: Maple Town, Mountsberg
- To Sun April 8: Prime Time, Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Sun April 8: Storytellers Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Sun April 8: Knobs, Finials & Handles Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Sun April 15: Frogs: A Chorus of Colours, Royal Botanical Gardens
- To Tues April 17: Suited to a Tea: Forty Years, Forty Tea Pots, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Thurs 8-Sun 11: 38th Annual Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 10 & Sun 11: Food Truck Weekend, Glen Eden
- Sat 10: Che Malambo, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sun 11: Rolston String Quartet with Pianist Arthur Rowe, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Sun 11: Lego Club, Ireland House Museum
- Thurs 15: Tartan Terrors, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Thurs 15-Sun 18: BLOMHA House League Hockey Tournament, Appleby Ice Centre