#BurlON til Mar 11
There is a lot of things to see and do in Burlington this week. Maple syrup season is in full swing, so visit the many different ongoing festivals this week. Ending this weekend is the Taste of Burlington so get out and enjoy delicious lunch or dinner menus before it is over. Here are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Mar 11.
Maple Syrup Season
It’s maple syrup season here in #BurlON so get out and enjoy the sugary treat at many different locations in Burlington. The Maple Syrup Festival is ongoing at Bronte Creek weekends until Mar 29 plus during March Break. Enjoy a tour of Maple Lane and learn about the history of making syrup from costumed interpreters and purchase a bottle of the sweet stuff to take home with you.
Also, ongoing weekends to Apr 7 and March Break is Maple Town at Mountsberg Conservation Area. Enjoy candy tasting and wagon rides and finish the day with a visit to the Raptor Centre. During the same time frame Sweet Water Season is being held at Crawford Lake, where you can learn about the history of how maple sugar was made by first nations in a longhouse.
Taste of Burlington
This is the last weekend of Taste of Burlington. Until Sun Mar 8, visit 44 different restaurants for delicious lunch and or dinner prix fixe dining. Check online for participating restaurants and menus. Diners have a chance to win fabulous dining prizes so you can enjoy Burlington culinary fare all year!
RBG Wildlife Rescue
Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens this week for the Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue. Until April 13, get up close with a variety of endangered species and the people who protect them. Different animals are visiting all the time so check online for the schedule.
Also, at the RBG this Thurs Mar 5 is RBG After Dark: Wine & Wildlife. See the winter exhibit transformed for the night with food and drinks, trivia, and special guests. This is a 19+ event and tickets are available online and at the door.
Drury Lane Music Hall
This is the last weekend to see a performance of the 40th Drury Lane Music Hall. From Thurs 5 to Sun 8 enjoy this comedic, musical performance. One of our team members attended with her family and they had a wonderful time. Tickets are available online.
RBG Jazz Brunch
This Sunday March 8 at the Royal Botanical Gardens is Jazz Brunch. Enjoy a delicious meal in the Rock Garden and live entertainment. Tickets are available online.
Arts and Culture
There is plenty to see at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre this week. On Thurs 5 is Kaha:wi Dance Theatre: The Mush Hole, on Fri 6 is The Texas Tenors and Live & Local: Alfie Smith & The Dirty Blues Band, on Sat 7 is Mike Super: Magic & Illusion 2.OH™, and on Sun 8 is Bay Area Children’s Theatre: Llama Llama Live!.
Visit the Joseph Brant Museum for their exciting exhibit, Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures, ongoing until Sun May 10.
The Art Gallery of Burlington is featuring the Division of Labour Exhibit, until Mar 29. Also, every week at the AGB is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free, and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
These are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON til Mar 11. If you want to plan ahead to March Break visit our blog for ideas for fun family activities. For more information on events, attractions, and more, visit us at 414 Locust St., open 9 am to 4 pm seven days a week, or call us at 905.634.5594.
· To Sun March 8: Taste of Burlington, Various restaurants in Burlington
· To Sun March 29: Division of Labour Exhibit, Art Gallery
· Wknds to Sun Mar 29 and March Break: Maple Syrup Festival, Bronte Creek
· Wknds Mar 2 to Apr 7 and March Break: Maple Town, Mountsberg Conservation
· Wknds Mar 2 to Apr 7 and March Break: Sweet Water Season, Crawford Lake
· To Mon Apr 13: Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue, RBG
· To Sun May 10: Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures, Joseph Brant Museum
· Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
· Thurs 5: Kaha:wi Dance Theatre: The Mush Hole, Performing Arts Centre
· Thurs 5: RBG After Dark: Wine & Wildlife, RBG
· Thurs 5-Sun 8: 40th Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
· Fri 6: The Texas Tenors, Performing Arts Centre
· Fri 6: Live & Local: Alfie Smith & The Dirty Blues Band, Performing Arts Centre
· Sat 7: Raptors in Focus, Mountsberg C. Area
· Sat 7: Mike Super: Magic & Illusion 2.OH™, Performing Arts Centre
· Sat 7-Sun 8: Rhythmic Gymnastics Spring Cup, Haber Recreation Centre
· Sun 8: Jazz Brunch, RBG
· Sun 8: Bay Area Children’s Theatre: Llama Llama Live!, Performing Arts Centre