#BurlON – til June 6
After anxiously waiting for spring’s slow arrival we have been suddenly introduced to summer with record setting temperatures for May which is wonderful for outdoor activities.
This weekend is packed full of activities with numerous races, hikes and festivals and the forecast is looking fine. We are also celebrating Tourism Week in Canada May 27 – June 2 and for more information visit the blog.
Burlington is one of 12 cities across Canada participating in 100In1day, inspiring residents to put their ideas into actions that will create a better place to live and play. On Saturday June 2 Tourism Burlington is promoting self-guided scavenger hunts in the downtown for our event. Visit us from 9-4pm and if you complete the hunt you win a prize package.
It’s a beautiful time of year to visit the Royal Botanical Gardens with the peonies and iris are in bloom. They are offering tours of the Laking Garden and Wildflower Walks. For a full list see their website.
On Sunday, June 3 the RBG launches its Garden Music Nights concert series with an unforgettable live performance in the garden. At Hendrie Park join Matt Dusk, four-time Juno nominated, multi-platinum album selling artist, in support of RBG. Matt and his band are world class, and will have you dancing, clapping and tapping your toes with a mix of Sinatra-era classics and his own repertoire of hits.
Burlington is quickly becoming known as a culinary destination with so many great restaurants in this city. Why not take part in a food tour to see some of the fabulous cuisine available? Burlington Food Tours run tours in the downtown area from May-October and the second one is this Saturday. We have participated in these tours and they are amazing with the chefs passionately describing their food philosophy and their menus and sampling some amazingingly delicious food. Tickets must be booked in advance.
This Sunday June 3 bring the family to the FREE Burlington’s annual Kite Festival at Brant Hills Park & Community Centre from 11am – 4pm. Build a kite or bring your own to help fill the sky with colour and celebrate diversity. Enjoy family fun, entertainment and vendors. Kite building materials are available while supplies last.
On Sunday June 3 the Art Gallery is celebrating their 40th anniversary with art demonstrations, activities, a free BBQ and used book sale. Whether you are a founding member of the gallery or a first time visitor, gather at the Gallery to enjoy lunch and share memories with friends in celebration of our vibrant arts community. While there browse their exhibits, their gift shop or enjoy their conservatory.
Sun, rain = perfect growing weather for seasonal produce. In Burlington we have a number of farmers markets which feature local products from baked goods, cheeses, honey to fresh produce. You can visit the Burlington Mall Lions Farmers Market three times a week – Wednesdays 8-2, Fridays 8-4 and Saturdays from 8-2 until the end of October. New this year is Market in the Village this Saturday at Village Square from 9am – 1pm. Centro Market in downtown Burlington is open every Sunday morning from 9-noon.
We are so glad that the Beachway has reopened from last year’s high water levels. Burlington Beach Rentals offer rentals plus and you can learn how to stand-up paddleboard or do beach yoga. Check out their weekly class schedule here.
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- Wknds to Sun June 10: Celebrate Iris and Peonies, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wknds & Holidays to Sun June 24: Spring , Crawford Lake
- Wknds & Holidays to Sun June 24: Spring, Mountsberg
- To Sun July 22: The Koyanagi Family Donation Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Sun June 2-Sun Aug 26: Dialogue Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sundays to Oct 21: Centro Farm Market, Centro Garden
- Wed, Fri, Sat to Oct 27: Burlington Mall Farmers’ Market, Burlington Mall Parking Lot
- Mon 28-Thurs 31: Discover Turtles, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Thurs 31: Derek Seguin 43.0, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Fri 1-Sat 2: Reebok Ragnar Niagara, Central Arena
- Fri 1-Sat 2: Relay for Life 2018, Bronte Creek
- Sat 2: Beach Yoga, Burlington Beach
- Sat 2: 100 in 1 Day Activities, Various Burlingon locations
- Sat 2: Market in the Village, Village Square
- Sat 2: Burlington Food Tours, Various downtown restaurants
- Sat 2: The Dream Centre Dance Recital, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sat 2: Moon in June Race, Start/Finish at Civic Square
- Sat 2: Meditation Hike, Crawford Lake
- Sat 2: Burlington Herd Baseball Game vs. London, Nelson Park
- Sat 2: SUP Yoga Series, Burlington Beach
- Sat 2: Pajama Night: Fairy Doors, Mountsberg
- Sun 3: Matt Dusk Benefit Concert, Hendrie Garden RBG
- Sun 3: Kite Festival, Brant Hills Park
- Sun 3: Premiere Dance Grand Showcase, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sun 3: Anniversary Community BBQ, Art Gallery of Burlington