#BurlON til June 26
This week marks the official arrival of summer. The Sound of Music 40th Anniversary was fantastic and there’s lots more to look forward to this summer in Burlington!
This Saturday at 7:30 pm at St. George’s Anglican Hall enjoy Lowville Festival Presents: Dan Hill. Celebrate the fifth anniversary of the festival with a concert from the legendary Canadian singer-songwriter. Tickets are available online or at the door.
Shop Local in #BurlON
This Saturday the 22 is the Aldershot Village BIA Market. Shop food and retail vendors, fruit and produce, and enjoy live music. This event runs from 9 am to 1 pm in Aldershot.
Plan your schedule so you can shop at the Burlington Centre Lions Farmers Market, which is in its 61st year. Offering fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, wine and more! Open Wednesday and Saturday from 8-2 and Fridays from 8-3. Sundays you can visit the Centro Garden Market in Downtown Burlington and shop local vendors. It runs 9-12 every Sunday morning.
Explore the Outdoors
This Sunday at Rattlesnake Point learn a new skill with Try It Series – Rock Climbing. Take an introductory lesson in knot tying and climbing techniques. No experience is necessary and all equipment is provided.
The Royal Botanical Gardens are inviting you to get Back to Nature with a hike through their beautiful lands every Sunday. Be sure to check their website for more information as the starting point does change. Also at the RBG enjoy Paddling in Paradise, where you can enjoy Cootes Paradise from a canoe Tuesdays and Saturdays until August 17. Visit Laking Garden where the peonies are now in full bloom. Enjoy the sights and smells!
At Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area there are various ways to be active all summer long. On Tuesdays try Tai Chi in the Park, no experience necessary. On Wednesdays, bring your mat for Yoga in the Park. For a more intense workout, try HIIT in the Park every Thursday.
Get Fit in the Core this summer at the Plaza outside the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. Every Sunday from 10-11 am try a new kind of workout, completely free!
Arts and Culture
This Sunday at Bronte Creek Park try your hand at painting outdoors for Plein Aire Painting Day. Choose from many great subjects featured within the park and enjoy the outdoors while getting creative.
Ongoing exhibits at the Art Gallery are In Common Uncommon until July 28, Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money and 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, both until August 18. Also there is an exhibit entitled Worn Worlds, ongoing until July 7. Every Sunday the AGB also hosts a Family Sunday Open Studio. This is completely free and a great way for the family to get creative together.
This weekend at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre is What the World Needs Now…, with performances on Sat 22 and Sun 23.
Concerts in the Park
Back again this summer is Concerts in the Park in the Central Park Bandshell. Enjoy free musical entertainment under the open sky on Wednesdays and Sundays all summer long. Bring a blanket or lawn chair to sit and relax outdoors while listening to fantastic music. This Wednesday is Touch of Klez and on Sunday is the Metropolitan Silver Band. For a schedule of the performances this summer visit the City of Burlington website.
- Suns to June 23: Mindfulness While Walking, RBG
- Suns to June 30: Yoga in the Park, Rotating Parks
- Weds & Suns to Aug 18: Concerts in the Park, Central Park Bandshell
- To Mon July 1: Bloom Celebrations!, RBG
- To Sun July 28: In Common Uncommon, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 18: Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 18: 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, Art Gallery
- To Sun July 7: Worn Worlds, Art Gallery
- Tues & Sats to Aug 17: Paddling in Paradise, RBG – Nature Centre
- Tues to Aug 27: Mountain Bike Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- Suns to Oct 6 : Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- Weds, Fris & Sats to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Mall Parking Lot
- To Sat Sept 7: Various Water Programs, Burlington Beach Rentals
- Suns to Sept 22: Fit in the Core, Performing Arts Centre
- Tues to Aug 27: Tai Chi in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Weds to Aug 28: Yoga in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Thurs to Aug 29: HIIT in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Wed 19: Big Bike Ride for Heart & Stroke, Beaver and Bulldog
- Thurs 20: RBG After Dark: On the Rocks!, RBG -Rock Garden
- Fri 21: Girlfriend Fridays, Burlington Beach
- Fri 21: Burlington Breathes: International Day of Yoga, Central Park Bandshell
- Fri 21: Find Your Balance Friday, Joseph Brant Hospital
- Sat 22: Local Author Fair, Central Library
- Sat 22: Aldershot Village BIA Market, Across from Maplehurst School
- Sat 22: Park Avenue Manor Sweet Summer Celebration, Park Avenue Manor
- Sat 22: Open House Days, Freeman Station
- Sat 22: Lowville Festival Presents Dan Hill, St. George’s Anglican Church
- Sat 22: Summer Reading Club Kick-Off, Central Library
- Sat 22: Crime Writers of Canada Discussion Panel, Central Library
- Sat 22: Summer Reading Club Kick-Off, Alton Library
- Sat 22: STEAM Starts with Science Special Event, Alton Library
- Sat 22 –Sun 23: What the World Needs Now…, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 22 -Sun 23: Annual Rose Society Show, RBG
- Sun 23: Indigenous Gardening with Kitty Lickers, Crawford Lake C. A.
- Sun 23: Try It Series – Rock Climbing, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Sun 23: Wheels for Darling Kids, Mattamy National Cycling Center
- Sun 23: Plein Aire Painting Day, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Tues 25: Just Walk, Paletta Lakefront Park
- Tues 25: SOLO Presents Opera 101, Central Library
- Wed 26: Photography Workshops Series, Mount Nemo C. Area