#BurlON til July 31
We’re already at the end of July and the summer is just flying by! There is still plenty to do in #BurlON til July 31 with the various outdoor pools to enjoy in the day, live music in the evenings, and many events and activities in between. Here are some highlights for the upcoming week.
Burlington Student Theatre
Thursday the 25 is the Burlington Student Theatre’s performance of Jesus Christ Superstar. The musical tells a theatrical story of Jesus, roughly based on the Gospel. There are still some tickets available, so be sure to get yours for whats sure to be a fantastic show.
Outdoors in #BurlON
Cool off at Bronte Creek Provincial Park this summer with the Outdoor Pool Open. Enjoy a swim in one of the largest outdoor pools in Canada, or relax on a beach towel on the surrounding grassy area.
At Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area there are various ways to be active all summer long. On Tuesdays try Tai Chi in the Park, no experience is necessary. On Wednesdays, bring your mat for Yoga in the Park. For a more intense workout, try HIIT in the Park every Thursday.
Get Fit in the Core this summer at the Plaza outside the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. Every Sunday from 10-11 am try a new kind of workout, completely free! This week’s workout is a Power Flow by Kinetic Physiotherapy.
The Royal Botanical Gardens are inviting you on a Back to Nature Hike on their beautiful trails. These are guided hikes and are included in your admission to the RBG.
Open House Days at Freeman Station
On Saturday the 27 is another Open House Days at Freeman Station. Originally called Burlington Junction; Freeman Station was built in 1906 and has recently undergone a major restoration to preserve the history of Burlington. Visit from 10 am to 3 pm to learn about #BurlON’s past from one of the many dedicated volunteers.
Live Outdoor Music
This summer enjoy live music in the Central Park Bandshell with Concerts in the Park. The concerts are every Wednesday and Sunday until August 18, check online for a full schedule of performances.
Also, at Bronte Creek Provincial Park is Music in the Park – Amateur Evening. Thursdays at 6 pm enjoy a casual evening of entertainment from local artists. If you are a musician looking for an opportunity to perform, contact the park as dates are still available.
For more information on outdoor music this summer, check out our blog.
Sundays you can visit the Centro Garden Market in Downtown Burlington and shop local vendors. It runs 9-12 every Sunday morning. Plan your schedule so you can shop at the Burlington Centre Lions Farmers Market, which is in its 61st year. Offering fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, wine and more! Open Wednesday and Saturday from 8-2 and Fridays from 8-3.
Movies Under the Stars
This Thursday is another week of #BurlON’s Movies Under the Stars. This week at Earl Court Park is Monsters Inc. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets early to the park to get seats and enjoy a movie for free in the fresh air. Check @BurlEvents on Twitter for confirmation that the movie is showing by 3 p.m. on the scheduled movie date.
Arts and Culture
There are many wonderful exhibits ongoing at the Art Gallery of Burlington. Until July 28 is In Common Uncommon, until August 18 is both Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money and 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, and until August 28 is Guardian Spirits. This weekend on the 27 and 28 Theatre Burlington has performances of KooGle Theatre’s “Anything Goes”.
- To Sun July 28: In Common Uncommon, Art Gallery
- To Sun July 28: Edible Weekends, RBG – Hendrie Garden
- Tues & Sats to Aug 17: Paddling in Paradise, RBG – Nature Centre
- To Sun Aug 18: Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 18: 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, Art Gallery
- Wed. & Sun. to Aug 18: Concerts in the Park, Central Park Bandshell
- Tues to Aug 20: Country and Roots Tuesdays, RBG
- To Sun Aug 25: Guardian Spirits, Art Gallery
- Tues to Aug 27: Yoga in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Tues to Aug 27: Mountain Bike Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- Tues to Aug 27: Tai Chi in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Yoga in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Red Hot Jazz & Cool Blues, RBG
- Wed. to Aug 28: Pilates in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Thurs to Aug 29: HIIT in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Thurs to Aug 29: Music in the Park – Amateur Evening, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Farmhouse & Nature Centre Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Outdoor Pool Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sun. to Sept 22: Fit in the Core, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun. to Oct 6: Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- Wed., Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Wed 24: Christmas in July, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Thurs 25: Turtle Crossing, Aldershot Library
- Thurs 25: Jesus Christ Superstar, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 25: Movies Under the Stars: “Monsters, Inc.”, Earl Court Park
- Sat 27: Pooch Party, Burlington Humane Society
- Sat 27: Open House Days, Freeman Station
- Sat 27: Just Walk, Cherry Hill Park
- Sat 27-Sun 28: KooGle Theatre’s “Anything Goes”, Theatre Burlington
- Sun 28: Try It Series – Rock Climbing, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Sun 28: Public Viewing Sessions, Burlington Model Railway Club
- Sun 28: Korean War Memorial, Spencer Smith Park, Naval Monument