#BurlON til July 24
There’s always a lot to see and do in #BurlON. With the Food Truck Festival this weekend and many fun-filled nights of music and activities throughout the week, there are plenty of ways to keep busy while enjoying what the city has to offer. Here are some highlights for the upcoming week.
Food Truck Festival
This weekend at Spencer Smith Park is the Burlington Food Truck Festival. Now expanding to three days, the park will be filled with 40 food trucks, as well as performers, beer, eating challenges, and a children’s midway. This is certainly a can’t-miss event! See you at the park!
Healthy Parks, Healthy People
On Friday, July 19 Bronte Creek Provincial Park is opening their doors to everyone for Healthy Parks, Healthy People. The park is hosting events and activities to encourage people to visit parks and be active. Check their website for more information on activities occurring throughout the day. There is no admission fee for this one day only, so take advantage.
Also, at Bronte Creek Provincial Park is Music in the Park – Amateur Evening. Thursdays at 6 pm enjoy a casual evening of entertainment from local artists. If you are a musician looking for an opportunity to perform, contact the park as dates are still available.
If you are looking for more ways to listen to live music outdoors this summer, check out our blog on all the various events throughout the summer you can attend.
Get Active in #BurlON
At the RBG enjoy Paddling in Paradise, where you can enjoy Coote’s Paradise from a canoe Tuesdays and Saturdays until August 17.
At Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area there are various ways to be active all summer long. On Tuesdays try Tai Chi in the Park – no experience necessary. On Wednesdays, bring your mat for Yoga in the Park. For a more intense workout, try HIIT in the Park every Thursday.
Get Fit in the Core this summer at the Plaza outside the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. Every Sunday from 10-11 am try a new kind of workout, completely free!
Join the fun at Robert Edmondson Conservation Area for the Family Fishing Derby. Saturday, from 9 am to 12 pm bring your rods for prizes, raffles, and fun.
Songs and Sunsets Music Series
This Saturday, come out to the Central Park Bandshell for the second weekend of Songs and Sunsets Music Series. Enjoy a free concert from The Weight in the park, starting at 7:30. This is sure to be a fun event and a great way to enjoy the sunset. Don’t forget a chair or blanket to sit on.
Movies in the Park
This Thursday is another week of #BurlON’s Movies Under the Stars. This week at the Central Park Bandshell is Annie. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets early to the park to get seats and enjoy a movie for free in the fresh air. Check @BurlEvents on Twitter for confirmation that the movie is showing by 3 p.m. on the scheduled movie date.
This Saturday, visit the Aldershot Village BIA Market. Shop local food and retail vendors, fruit and produce, and enjoy live music from 9 am to 1 pm.
Sundays you can visit the Centro Garden Market in Downtown Burlington and shop local vendors. It runs 9-12 every Sunday morning. Plan your schedule so you can shop at the Burlington Centre Lions Farmers Market, which is in its 61st year. Offering fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, baked goods, wine and more! Open Wednesday and Saturday from 8-2 and Fridays from 8-3.
Arts and Culture
There are some ongoing exhibits at the Art Gallery of Burlington to see. Until July 28 is In Common Uncommon, until August 18 is both Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money and 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, and until August 28 is Guardian Spirits. At the Burlington Performing Arts Centre on Fri the 19 is A (Musical) Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Concerts in the Park
Concerts in the Park are ongoing this summer in the Central Park Bandshell. Enjoy free musical entertainment under the open sky on Wednesdays and Sundays at7:30 pm all summer long. Bring a blanket or lawn chair to sit and relax outdoors while listening to fantastic music. This Wednesday is the Silver Swing Big Band and this Sunday is Galt Kiltie Band. For a schedule of this summer’s performances visit the City of Burlington website.
- Weds & Suns to Aug 18: Concerts in the Park, Central Park Bandshell
- To Sun July 28: In Common Uncommon, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 18: Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 18: 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 28: Guardian Spirits, Art Gallery
- To Mid July: Pick Your Own Strawberries, Stonehaven Farms
- To Sun July 28: Edible Weekends, RBG – Hendrie Garden
- Tues & Sats to Aug 17: Paddling in Paradise, RBG – Nature Centre
- Tues to Aug 27: Mountain Bike Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- To Mon Sept 2: Farmhouse & Nature Centre Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Outdoor Pool Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Tues to Aug 27: Yoga in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Tues July 2 -Aug 27: Country and Roots Tuesdays, RBG
- Weds to Aug 28: Red Hot Jazz & Cool Blues, RBG
- Thurs to Aug 29: Music in the Park – Amateur Evening, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Suns to Oct 6: Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- Weds, Fris & Sats to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- Suns to Sept 22: Fit in the Core, Performing Arts Centre
- Tues to Aug 27: Tai Chi in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Weds to Aug 28: Yoga in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Thurs to Aug 29: HIIT in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Thurs 18: Movies Under the Stars, Central Park Bandshell
- Thurs 18: RBG After Dark: On the Rocks!, RBG -Rock Garden
- Fri 19: Healthy Parks, Healthy People, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Fri 19: A (Musical) Midsummer Night’s Dream, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 19- Sun 21: Burlington Food Truck Festival, Spencer Smith Park
- Fri 19- Sun 21: Summer Fair & Farm Expo, Country Heritage Park
- Sat 20: Aldershot Village BIA Market, Across from Maplehurst School
- Sat 20: Pajama Night: Survival Night, Crawford Lake C. Area
- Sat 20: Parks Day in Canada, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sat 20: Family Fishing Derby, Robert Edmondson C. Area
- Sat 20: Just Walk, Hidden Valley Park
- Sat 20: Open House Days, Freeman Station
- Sat 20: Songs and Sunsets Music Series, Central Park Bandshell
- Mon 22: HPO presents Favourite Composer Stories through Time, Central Library
- Mon 22: Burlington & the First World War, Central Library
- Tues 23: HPO Classics for Kids: Get to Know the Greats, Central Library
- Tues 23: Doc*Side: “Grey Gardens”, Central Library
- Wed 24: Christmas in July, Bronte Creek P.P.