#BurlON Til Jan24
The weather certainly has been a little challenging this month going from frosty to mild and back again. Good thing there are lots of indoor and outdoor activities to choose from to keep us from feeling the winter blues.
We are jumping for joy that the new Royal Botanical Gardens exhibit is arriving this weekend. Frogs! is a dynamic experience with two special exhibitions and daily, family-friendly activities where visitors of all ages can explore the wonderful world of frogs and their wetland homes. Frogs – A Chorus of Colours introduces visitors to the amazing and colorful world of frogs – they are beautiful! Then hop on over to The Frog Pond to meet some of the wetland species found at Royal Botanical Garden and discover their important roles in sustaining a healthy environment. January 20 to April 15 at the RBG Centre.
Have you got your tickets yet for the Winter Beer Festival Burlington? This event is coming up on Jan 26-27 at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Centre Burlington and they are offering special overnight packages – a perfect little mid-winter getaway. Call the hotel at 905 639.4443 to book. Also for the remainder of January you can enjoy the Festival of Beer at various local restaurants who are featuring food pairings with Waterloo Brewing Company products.
Assuming the snow is staying for a little while there are outdoor activities to enjoy in the city such as skating, skiing, hiking, snowshoeing etc. Check out the Winter is Snow Fun blog for all the details and visit websites before heading out to make sure weather has not impacted events. When I stopped in to take some video last Sunday at the Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond it was busy with lots of families skating in spite of the cold – gotta love us hardy Canadians!
The Live & Local Music Series was created by local musician Tim Park and music lover David Whale as a way to help promote local musicians in the Burlington/Hamilton area. This Friday there are two acts performing in the intimate Community Studioat the Burlington Performing Arts Centre – Colour Film (Pop & Folk Musician Matthew de Zoete) and Alternative/Indy band In My Coma. This is a perfect date night …have dinner in a Burlington eatery and then head to the show where you can enjoy a drink cabaret style during these fabulous performances. Refer to the blog What’s Onstage for January and February performances/events you won’t want to miss.
Looking for more information or assistance with planning your visit? We are always here to help, for more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- To Sun Jan 28: Holding by a Thread Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Apr 8: Knobs, Finials & Handles, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Apr 17: Suited to a Tea: Forty Years – Forty Teapots, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Wed Jan 31: Festival of Beer, Various Burlington & Hamilton restaurants
- To Fri Feb 16: Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, Mountsberg
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Crawford Lake, Crawford Lake
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Mountsberg, Mountsberg
- To Sun March 4: Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Rotary Centennial Pond* Weather permitting
- Sat Jan 20-Sun April 15: Frogs: A Chorus of Colours, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Fri 19: Owl Prowl – Adult, Mountsberg
- Fri 19: Live and Local Music Series: Colour Film & In My Coma, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Sat 20: Evening Moonlight Snowshoe Hike, Crawford Lake
- Sat 20: Owl Prowl – Family, Mountsberg
- Sat 20: Erth’s Dinosaur Zoo LIVE, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sun 21: Spotlight 2018: Burlington Dance Company, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Tues 23: Taste of Burlington Launch, Burlington Performing Arts Centre* SOLD OUT
- Wed 24: Short History of Crime Movies, Central Library