#BurlON til Jan 15
The winter break may be over but there is still plenty of fun to be had in Burlington. Get outside and explore the city this winter with the 30/60 Challenge, or keep warm at the Art Gallery and explore the many exhibits that are on. Here are some of our picks for things to do this week in #BurlON til Jan 15.
Rock & Pinball at Joseph Brant Museum
This is the last weekend of the “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit at the Joseph Brant Museum. Play the interactive rock-themed pinball machines and explore the various merchandise and artifacts related to artists and bands.
Also on Fri 10 is Balls & Beer Pinball Night. This ticketed event includes admission to the museum, 2 beer tickets, snacks, a souvenir beer glass, and unlimited play on the vintage pinball machines. It’s sure to be a fun night out!
Outdoors in #BurlON
Until February 17 at Mountsberg Conservation Area there are Winter Wagon Rides. Take a horse-drawn ride through the winter wonderland. Fill your day with a visit to the play barn, gift shop, and check out the birds of prey.
Saturday the 11 at Crawford Lake go on an Evening Snowshoe Hike. Look up to the night sky and see the stars while following a guide through the grounds. Pre-registration is required.
Glen Eden is open for the season. Every day from 8:30 am to 9:30 pm hit the slopes no matter how much snow is on the ground. Whether you ski or snowboard or are a beginner or pro there’s snow much fun to be had at the park. Check online for slope conditions.
30/60 Winter Challenge
Get outside and play with the 30/60 Winter Play Challenge. Complete 30 activities in 60 days for the chance to win prizes, ending on Feb 18. Just download the app and upload photos of you completing the activities to earn points. This is a great way to have fun this winter season as well as get to know the city a bit better.
Arts and Culture
There are a few ongoing exhibits at the Art Gallery of Burlington this week. Ending this weekend on Sun 12 is Living Off the Land: Helen Sovereign. Until Sun Jan 26 is Holding Space: Samantha Dickie, and beginning this Fri 10 until March 29 is the Division of Labour Exhibit. Every Sunday at the AGB is the Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free, and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
Head downtown for Pond Skating at the Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond. Every day from 10 am to 10 pm enjoy a skate around the pond for free while looking out to the lake. Skating is weather dependent so check ahead of time to see if the pond is open.
For more information on events and more, visit us at 414 Locust St, open 9 am to 4 pm seven days a week, or call us at 905 634 5594.
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- To Sun Jan 12: Living Off the Land: Helen Sovereign, Art Gallery
- To Sun Jan 26: Holding Space: Samantha Dickie, Art Gallery
- To Mon Feb 17: Winter Wagon Rides, Mountsberg C. Area
- To Tues Feb 18: 30/60 Winter Play Challenge, Various locations
- To Early March: Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- Fri Jan 10-Sun March 29: Division of Labour Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Thurs 9: Throwback Thursday: “White Nights”, Central Library
- Thurs 9-Fri 10: ABBAMANIA, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 10: Balls & Beer Pinball Night, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sat 11: Evening Snowshoe Hike, Crawford Lake C. Area
- Sun 12: VC2 Cello Duo, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 12: 54•40, Performing Arts Centre
- Tues 14: Tchaikovsky, From Outsider to National Hero, Central Library
- Wed 15: Screeners: “Mary, Queen of Scots”, Central Library