#BurlON til Jan 1
The holiday season is almost here, so get out and enjoy the many different seasonal activities going. With Holiday Traditions ongoing at the RBG and the Festival of Lights at Spencer Smith Park, there is plenty to do in #BurlON over the holidays.
Festival of Lights
Head downtown to see Spencer Smith Park lit up for the season for the Festival of Lights. Daily until Jan 8 from 4 pm to midnight, stroll through the 60 different light displays that fill the park, absolutely free. Enjoy dinner before or after or pick up a hot chocolate and enjoy the lights.
Get into the Christmas Spirit with Holiday Traditions at the Royal Botanical Gardens, ongoing until Jan 5. The Escarpment Train Show is on weekends, the Botanical Train Display daily, and the RBG Express daily.
Take a stroll through the Rock Garden for Winter Lights at the Rock and see the way the garden is lit up for the season. Book your tickets and enjoy a night out with firepits in a winter wonderland.
Arts and Culture
Ongoing at the Art Gallery of Burlington is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit until Tues Dec 31. Also, every Sunday from 1-4 is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is absolutely free and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
At the Burlington Performing Arts Centre is The Andy Kim Christmas on Sat the 21.
The Drury Lane Theatre also has performances of “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs” from Fri 20 – Sun 22. Book your tickets in advance as some shows are already sold out.
Festival of Trees
Make sure you check out the Festival of Trees at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. The trees are on display until December 21 but bidding in the Silent Auction closes on December 20. Check out the over 35 trees decorated by local Burlington businesses. The lobby is open noon to 4 pm daily.
Skating in #BurlON
Lots of skating options for the holidays with Tim Horton’s offering free holiday skates. Check the website for locations and times.
If you prefer to do your skating outdoors, head downtown for Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating. Lace up your skates and glide across the pond while overlooking the lake, every day from 10 am to 10 pm. It’s open pending weather conditions so just check the site in advance to make sure they are open.
Victorian Christmas at Bronte Creek Provincial Park
Once the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over and you are looking to keep the kids busy, then plan a visit to Bronte Creek Provincial Park for their Victorian Christmas. Running December 27-30 and Jan 3-5 from 10-4 daily. You can enjoy traditional Christmas games and activities for all ages, crafts, tours of the Spruce Lane farmhouse decorated for Christmas and songs in the parlour. You do not need to reserve in advance.
Joseph Brant Museum
If you haven’t visited the newly renovated Joseph Brant Museum yet, this is a perfect outing for the holidays. Visit before January 12 so you don’t miss the Rock and Pinball exhibit. This interactive exhibit is fun for kids of all ages (big kids especially) as you test your skills on various pinball machines.
Wishing you a Happy Holiday season and Best wishes for the New Year! Our Visitor Centre will be closed from December 23-January 1 and will re-open on Thursday January 2, 2020. You can reach us at email@example.com or follow our social media channels.
- Wed Nov 20-Sat Dec 21: Festival of Trees, Performing Arts Centre – Lobby
- Weds to Suns from Sat Nov 16-Sun Dec 22: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG* SOLD OUT
- Wknds from Sat Nov 16-Sun Jan 5: Escarpment Train Show, RBG* Closed Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sat Nov 16-Sun Jan 5: Botanical Train Display, RBG
- Fri Dec 6-Sun Jan 5: Winter Lights at the Rock, RBG
- Fri Nov 29-Wed Jan 8: Festival of Lights, Spencer Smith Park
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Early Dec.-Early March: Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Fri 20-Sun 22: “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 21: Free Public Skating, Mainway Ice Centre
- Sat 21: Free Public Skating, Appleby Ice Centre
- Sat 21: The Andy Kim Christmas, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 21: Holidays at Woodbine Park, Woodbine Mohawk Park
- Sun 22: Free Public Skating, Skyway Arena
- Sun 22: Free Public Skating, Aldershot Arena
- Mon 23: Free Public Skating, Appleby Ice Centre
- Mon 23: Free Public Skating, Mainway Ice Centre
- Mon 23-Tues 24: Winter Walks, RBG
- Fri 27: Free Public Skating, Nelson Community Centre
- Fri 27: Free Public Skating, Mountainside Community Centre
- Fri 27-Mon 30: Golden Horseshoe Hockey Tournament, Appleby & Mainway Arenas
- Fri 27-Tues 31: Winter Walks, RBG
- Sat 28: Free Public Skating, Mainway Ice Centre
- Sat 28: Free Public Skating, Central Arena
- Sun 29: Free Public Skating, Mountainside Community Centre
- Sun 29: Free Public Skating, Aldershot Arena
- Mon 30: Free Public Skating, Mountainside Community Centre
- Mon 30: Free Public Skating, Nelson Community Centre
- Tues 31: Free Public Skating, Appleby Ice Centre
- Tues 31: Noon Years Eve, Alton Library
- Tues 31: New Year’s Eve Hoopla, Mountsberg C. Area
- Tues 31: 35th Annual Resolution Run, Ron Edwards Family YMCA
- Tues 31: Coyote Howl Hike, Bronte CreekJanuary
- Wed 1: First Day Hike, Bronte Creek
- Wed 1: New Year’s Day Free Recreation Activities, Various recreation facilities
- Wed 1: Free Public Skating, Appleby Ice Centre