#BurlON til Feb 7
February is going to be a sweet month with lots of great outdoor and indoor activities and events happening in #BurlON.
All month long we are celebrating heritage in Burlington with numerous activities planned and starting with the kick off event on Thursday Feb 1 from 1 – 3:30 pm at St. Luke’s Church.
Now here is a great start to the month! Not wild about a gift card you received recently? On February 3rd from 9:30am-12:30pm or while supplies last, bring in your card to from another retailer to Mapleview Centre and they will replace it with a Mapleview Shopping Centre Promo Card of the same value up to $100!* Best of all, your old card will be donated to Halton Women’s Place. *Restrictions apply, refer to website for the details.
It is not too early to start thinking about Valentine’s Day and we have some great ideas in our Love in #BurlON blog whether you are planning a date night or showing your affection with a little something special.
We are jumping for joy that the new Royal Botanical Gardens exhibit has begun. Frogs! is a dynamic experience with two special exhibitions and daily, family-friendly activities where visitors of all ages can explore the wonderful world of frogs and their wetland homes. Frogs – A Chorus of Colours introduces visitors to the amazing and colorful world of frogs – they are beautiful! Then hop on over to The Frog Pond to meet some of the wetland species found at Royal Botanical Garden and discover their important roles in sustaining a healthy environment. Exhibit on until April 15 at the RBG Centre.
There are two amazing local theatre performances to chose from this month including “I’ll Be Back Before Midnight” at Theatre Burlington’s Drama Centre and 38th Annual Drury Lane Music Hall, at Drury Lane Theatre.
Another thing to look forward to in February is the Family Day long weekend. We have created a Family Day blog that highlights everything to see and do with family and friends.
The Taste of Burlington the prix fixe winter dining program is starting on February 19 until March 11 and with 36 of Burlington finest restaurants participating you can enjoy several outings during the 3 week program. Make sure you sign up for the Taste Enewsletter and refer to the blog to see recipes, videos and culinary events throughout the year. This year Taste celebrates 10 years of Great Taste and we have created a special anniversary video to get you inspired for the winter program coming up February 19 – March 11, 2018.
For outdoor activities such as skating, skiing, hiking, snowshoeing etc. check out the Winter is Snow Fun blog for all the details and visit websites before heading out to make sure weather has not impacted events. Remember that even though snow may not be on the ground Glen Eden has been making snow and has a great base despite the rain.
Looking for a perfect date night activity…have brunch/lunch/dinner in a Burlington eatery and then head to the show for a fabulous performance. Refer to the blog What’s Onstage for January and February performances/events you won’t want to miss.
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- To Wed Feb 14: Sandy Simmelink: Needle Arts Collector & Maker, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Fri Feb 16: Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, Mountsberg
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Crawford Lake, Crawford Lake
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Mountsberg, Mountsberg
- To Sun March 4: Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond* Weather permitting
- Sun Feb 3-Sun April 8: Prime Time, Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Sun Feb 3-Sun April 8: Storytellers Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Sat Jan 20-Sun April 15: Frogs: A Chorus of Colours, Royal Botanical Gardens
- To Tues April 17: Suited to a Tea: Forty Years, Forty Tea Pots, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Thurs 1: Burlington Heritage Month Launch, St. Luke’s Anglican Church Parish Hall
- Fri 2: The Fugitives, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Fri 2-Sun 4: “I’ll Be Back Before Midnight”, Drama Centre
- Fri 2-Sun 4: 38th Annual Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 3: Train Time featuring Thomas the Tank Train Exhibit, Burlington Public Library
- Sat 3: A Night at the Opera, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sat 3: Evening Moonlight Snowshoe Hike, Crawford Lake
- Sun 4: Ireland House Museum Open House, Ireland House at Oakridge Farm
- Wed 7: Screeners: “Dunkirk”, Central Library