#BurlON ’til Feb 26
There’s lots to do in #BurlON this week ’til Feb 26. Enjoy a prix- fixe meal with the Taste of Burlington on until March 8. Also, the Burlington Comedy festival is returning this weekend. Or, if you want to spend some time outdoors, visit the Royal Botanical Gardens this week for a variety of events. Here are some of our recommendations for the week ahead.
Taste of Burlington
The Taste of Burlington has returned this winter until March 8. Visit 44 different restaurants across #BurlON to enjoy prix fixe dining. Also, enter contests for the chance to win gift cards to your favourite Burlington restaurants. Check the website for all the delicious menus and make your reservations!
Burlington Comedy Festival
This weekend is the 5th annual Burlington Comedy Festival. From Fri to Sun there are shows at the Art Gallery of Burlington and the Water Street Cooker. Tickets are available online. Enjoy the laughs!
Explore the RBG
There is so much to see this week at the Royal Botanical Gardens. On until April 13 is their Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue. Learn about local species and the people who dedicate their lives to protecting them. On Thurs 20 is the Speaker Series: Toronto Wildlife Centre. Learn about the wildlife rehabilitation charity and how you can help. Pre-registration is required.
Friday the 21 is Rock the Night Away: Caribbean Night. Enjoy a night of music, food, and cocktails in the Historical Rock Garden. Tickets are required.
Learn about the history of Hendrie Park with the RBG Heritage Walk. On Sat the 22 learn about the ways the garden has changed to be what it is today. This event is included in general admission; however, pre-registration is required.
Sunday the 23 is Jazz Brunch at the RBG. Enjoy a delicious brunch in the historic Rock Garden and enjoy live entertainment.
Arts and Culture
Visit the Art Gallery of Burlington to see their two ongoing exhibits. The interlude Exhibit is on until March 1 and the Division of Labour Exhibit until March 29. Also, every week is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is absolutely free and from 1-4 pm you can get creative as a family.
Visit the Joseph Brant Museum for the Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures. Until Sun May 10, explore life-size sculptures of creatures and try interactive stations.
This weekend from Thurs 20 to Sun 23 get entertained by the Drury Lane theatre with the 40th Drury Lane Music Hall.
There’s plenty to see this week at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. On Fri 21 is Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal: Dance Me. On Fri 21-Sat 22 is Alison Wearing’s Confessions of a Fairy’s Daughter. On Sun 23 is L’Aubergine: Ripopee and The Toronto All-Star Big Band. On Wed 26 The Wizard of Oz – Young Performers’ Edition
Get the most out of the winter season with some Pond Skating. Come downtown to the Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond for a skate while looking out to the Lake. There is a skate lending program available on weeknights and weekends.
Those are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON ’til Feb 26. For more information on events, attractions, and more, visit us at 414 Locust St., open 9 am to 4 pm seven days a week, or call us at 905.634.5594.
- To Sun March 1: interlude Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Early March: Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- Mon Feb 17-Sun March 8: Taste of Burlington, Various restaurants in Burlington
- To Sun March 29: Division of Labour Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Mon Apr 13: Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue, RBG
- To Sun May 10: Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Wed 19-Sun 23: Burlington Oldtimers Hockey Invitational, Mainway Ice Centre
- Thurs 20: Throwback Thursday: “Tea with Mussolini”, Central Library
- Thurs 20: Speaker Series: Toronto Wildlife Centre, RBG
- Thurs 20-Sun 23: 40th Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 21: Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal: Dance Me, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 21: Rock the Night Away: Caribbean Night, RBG
- Fri 21-Sat 22: Alison Wearing’s Confessions of a Fairy’s Daughter, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 21-Sun 23: Burlington Comedy Festival, Art Gallery of Burlington & Water Street Cooker
- Sat 22: RBG Heritage Walk, RBG
- Sat 22: Coldest Night of the Year – Open Doors, Guelph Line to New Street to Fairview Street to Guelph Line
- Sun 23: Jazz Brunch, RBG
- Sun 23: L’Aubergine: Ripopee, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 23: The Toronto All-Star Big Band, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 23: Heritage Pie Workshop, Ireland House at Oakridge Farm* SOLD OUT
- Wed 26: L.I.F.T. with Sean Mauricette SUBLIMINAL, Central Library
- Wed 26: The Wizard of Oz – Young Performers’ Edition, Performing Arts Centre