#BurlON ‘Til Feb 21
A long weekend is quickly approaching – an extra day to celebrate Family and #BurlON has a lot going on this weekend in terms of activities. We have a special Family Day blog and we encourage you to read it and get ideas for ways you can spend that special day off.
Heritage Month continues throughout February and there are activities on all month long. Saturday is Brant Inn Day and there is a special documentary at the Burlington Public Library at 10 am and 2 pm. Ireland House is having a Museum Family Day on Monday from 1 to 4 pm and the cost is $15 per family. For the full calendar of events you can check the library website.
There are a lot of shows on this weekend that you may want to check out. I’ll be Back Before Midnight is on at the Theatre Burlington Drama Centre Thursday-Saturday. Drury Lane Theatre is showcasing the 38th Annual Drury Lane Music Hall and that is on Friday until Sunday. And it’s another busy weekend at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre with Louie Anderson on Friday, 3, 2, 1 Dance! playing on Saturday and Sunday features Symphony on the Bay – All the World’s a Stage.
If you’re into art, you can check out the “It’s a Family Affair” Art event being held at Mainway Recreation Centre on Saturday from 10-4. There are 35 artisan vendors to visit. You can also visit the Art Gallery of Burlington for their Knobs, Finials and Handles exhibit (on until April 8) or their Suited to a Tea: Forty Years – Forty Teapots (until April 17). They also have a special exhibit called Prime Time featuring Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers on until April 8.
Get ready to laugh! The Comedy Festival returns to Downtown Burlington on Family Day and runs until the 21st. There are shows for all ages so check out the entertainment and get your tickets. Emma’s Back Porch is offering a Food and Funny deal so enjoy dinner out before the show. Use code BPAC25 when ordering tickets and save 25%!
The much anticipated Taste of Burlington, the prix-fixe winter dining program starts on Monday at 36 of Burlington’s best restaurants. This year Taste of Burlington is celebrating 10 years of Great Taste! Check the Taste site for menus and make your reservations for the program which runs February 19-March 11th. Enjoy an appetizer, entree and dessert (lunch menus are $15 and $20 and dinner is $30, $35 and $40). Make sure you sign up for the Taste Enewsletter so you don’t miss out on important culinary news!
It may be winter but still plenty to do outdoors! There is skating at Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond until March 4 (weather permitting), and Conservation Halton is offering activities all weekend long at Crawford Lake and Mountsberg, Mountsberg will have horse drawn sleigh rides (weather permitting). Bronte Creek Provincial Park is open and you can enjoy a hike and visit the playbarn (they also have special activities for Family Day).
Enjoy the extra day off if you are lucky enough to get one and have a super week!
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- To Fri Feb 16: Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, MountsbergTo Fri Feb 16: Winter at Crawford Lake, Crawford Lake
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Mountsberg, Mountsberg
- To Sun March 4: Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond* Weather permitting
- Sun Feb 18-Sun March 11: Taste of Burlington, Various restaurants in Burlington
- To Sun April 8: Prime Time, Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun April 8: Storytellers Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Sun April 15: Frogs: A Chorus of Colours, Royal Botanical Gardens
- To Tues April 17: Suited to a Tea: Forty Years, Forty Tea Pots, Art Gallery
- Thurs 15: Canada Remembers: Heritage Month Triple Feature, Central Library
- Thurs 15-Sat 17: “I’ll Be Back Before Midnight”, Drama Centre
- Fri 16: Louie Anderson, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Fri 16-Sun 18: 38th Annual Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 17: 3, 2, 1 Dance!, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Sat 17: Brant Inn Day Documentary Screening, Central Library
- Sat 17: Evening Moonlight Snowshoe Hike, Crawford Lake
- Sat 17: “It’s a Family Affair” Art Event, Mainway Recreation Centre
- Sun 18: Symphony on the Bay – All the World’s a Stage, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Mon 19: Family Day Winter Fun, Bronte Creek
- Mon 19: Family Day Event, Ireland House at Oakridge Farm
- Mon 19: Free Family Day Fun Skate, Aldershot Arena
- Mon 19-Wed 21: Burlington Comedy Festival, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT