#BurlON ’til Feb 19
This weekend is Family Day weekend so spend some time with your loved ones in #BurlON. It is also Valentine’s Day this Friday, so check out our blog for ideas. Here are some of our picks for things to do in #BurlON ’til Feb 19.
Family Day Weekend
Celebrate Family Day in #BurlON with the many fun events going on throughout the city. Mountsberg Conservation Area has activities on Saturday to Monday for Family Day Weekend, like wagon rides and raptor presentations. Also, on Monday visit Bronte Creek Park for Family Day – Winter Fun or the Joseph Brant Museum for Family Day Fun!
For more fun things to do this Family Day weekend check out our blog.
Taste of Burlington
The Taste of Burlington returns this winter. From Mon Feb 17 to Sun Mar 8, enjoy prix-fixe dining at 44 different Burlington restaurants and enter to win gift cards to Taste restaurants. Check online for participating restaurants and menus. It’s going to be a delicious 3 weeks here in Burlington!
There are a variety of shows at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre this week. On Thurs 13 is Chase Padgett’s 6 Guitars, and on Fri 14 is Jazz Affair: Wishes and National Ballet Theatre of Odessa: Romeo & Juliet. Also, on Sat 15 is Hooking Up with The Second City: Third Base, on Sun 16 is Burlington Symphony Orchestra: Love at the Opera, and on Mon 17 is Femmes du Feu: Tweet Tweet!
RBG Wildlife Rescue
The Royal Botanical Gardens has an exciting winter exhibit on until Mon April 13. With Wildlife Rescue, learn about endangered species and the people who protect them. Try interactive stations and meet some animals every day from 10 am to 5 pm. Check online for a schedule of when different visitors will be at the RBG.
Explore the Exhibits
Visit the Joseph Brant Museum this week to explore the exciting exhibit Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures. Until Sun May 10 learn about the different versions of these legendary creatures, see life-size models and try interactive stations.
On at the Art Gallery of Burlington is the interlude Exhibit until Sun Mar 1, as well as the Division of Labour Exhibit until Sun Mar 29. Also, every week at the AGB is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free and this is a great way for your family to get creative together on Sundays from 1-4 pm.
- To Mon Feb 17: Winter Wagon Rides, Mountsberg C. Area
- To Sun March 1: interlude Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Early March: Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- To Sun March 29: Division of Labour Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Mon Apr 13: Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue, RBG
- Sat Feb 1-Sun May 10: Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures, Joseph Brant Museum
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Wed 12: Screeners: “The Last Black Man in San Francisco”, Central Library
- Thurs 13: Chase Padgett’s 6 Guitars, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 14: Jazz Affair: Wishes, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 14: National Ballet Theatre of Odessa: Romeo & Juliet, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 14-Sat 15: “The Beauty Queen of Leenane”, Drama Centre
- Fri 14-Sun 16: 40th Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 15: Hooking Up with The Second City: Third Base, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 15: Valentine Cabaret, St. Christopher’s Church
- Sat 15-Mon 17: Snowflakes & Snowsnakes, Crawford Lake C. Area
- Sat 15-Mon 17: Family Day Weekend, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sun 16: Winter Play, Tyandaga Golf Course
- Sun 16: Burlington Symphony Orchestra: Love at the Opera, Performing Arts Centre
- Mon 17: Femmes du Feu: Tweet Tweet!, Performing Arts Centre
- Mon 17: Open House Days, Freeman Station
- Mon 17: Family Day – Winter Fun, Bronte Creek
- Mon 17: Family Day Fun!, Joseph Brant Museum
- Mon 17: Family Day at the BPAC, Performing Arts Centre
- Tues 18: Doc*Side: “Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love”, Central Library