#BurlON ’til Feb 12
This week brings plenty of fun and exciting events. Heritage Month is on all February long, so get out and explore the history of the city. Here are some of our picks for things to check out this week in #BurlON ’til Feb 12.
Drury Lane Music Hall
This weekend is the start of the 40th Drury Lane Music Hall. Enjoy this comedic, entertaining musical performance with shows on both Friday 7 and Saturday 8. Tickets are available online.
February is Heritage Month here in #BurlON and it brings plenty of ways to learn about the city’s history. This Saturday Feb 8, there is a Walking Tour of Downtown, starting at the Visitor Centre at 414 Locust Street at 10:30 am. For more information on Heritage Month, check out our blog.
RBG Wildlife Rescue
Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens this week for their exciting Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue. Until April 13 get up close with a variety of endangered species and the people who protect them. There are different animals visiting all the time so check online for the schedule of events.
Also, at the RBG this Thurs Feb 6 is RBG After Dark: Wine & Wildlife. See the winter exhibit transformed for the night with food and drinks, trivia, programming, and special guests. Tickets are available online and at the door, and this is a 19+ event.
Outdoors in #BurlON
Enjoy the outdoors this winter at the Conservation Halton parks. Mountsberg Conservation Area has Winter Wagon Rides throughout the woods, ongoing until Mon Feb 17. Glen Eden is also open for the season. Hit the slopes on a ski or snowboard no matter how much snow is on the ground.
Head downtown this week for Pond Skating at the Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond. Skate lakeside daily from 10 am to 10 pm, weather dependent.
Art and Culture
There are many different ways to enjoy the arts this week. At the Art Gallery of Burlington is the interlude Exhibit until March 1 and the Division of Labour Exhibit until March 29. On Wed 5, enjoy music and a night at the gallery with HPO Minis at the AGB. Also, every week at the AGB is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free, and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
At the Burlington Performing Arts Centre this week is Purple Thunder Competitive Showcase on Fri 7, Steven Page with the HPO on Sat 8, and TheaterWorksUSA: Dog Man The Musical has one show on Sun 9 and two on Mon 10.
This weekend Theatre Burlington has performances of “The Beauty Queen of Leenane”, with evening shows on Fri 7 and Sat 8 , and a matinee on Sun 9.
Explore a New Exhibit
There is an exciting new exhibit at the Joseph Brant Museum on until May 10. Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures highlights the different ways we interpret these legendary creatures. The exhibit features a life-size model of a European unicorn, interactive stations, and a chance to bring to life your own dragon.
· To Mon Feb 17: Winter Wagon Rides, Mountsberg C. Area
· To Sun March 1: interlude Exhibit, Art Gallery
· To Early March: Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
· To Sun March 29: Division of Labour Exhibit, Art Gallery
· To Mon Apr 13: Winter Exhibit: Wildlife Rescue, RBG
· Sat Feb 1-Sun May 10: Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures, Joseph Brant Museum
· Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
· Wed 5: HPO Minis at the AGB, Art Gallery
· Thurs 6: Throwback Thursday: “The Color Purple”, Central Library
· Thurs 6: BSO presents Tales of Love at the Opera, Central Library
· Thurs 6: RBG After Dark: Wine & Wildlife, RBG
· Fri 7: One Burlington presents “Rise & Struggle”, Port Nelson United Church
· Fri 7: Purple Thunder Competitive Showcase, Performing Arts Centre
· Fri 7: The Burlington Concert Band presents For the Love of Music, St. Christopher’s Church
· Fri 7-Sat 8: 40th Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre
· Fri 7-Sun 9: “The Beauty Queen of Leenane”, Drama Centre
· Sat 8: Walking Tour of Downtown, Visitor Centre
· Sat 8: Steven Page with the HPO, Performing Arts Centre
· Sat 8: Evening Snowshoe Hike, Crawford Lake C. Area* SOLD OUT
· Sun 9: TheaterWorksUSA: Dog Man The Musical, Performing Arts Centre
· Wed 12: Screeners: “The Last Black Man in San Francisco”, Central Library