#BurlON til Feb 1
Wow, January has quickly come and gone maybe due to all the exciting activities and events that are happening here in #BurlON!
Have you got your tickets yet for the Winter Beer Festival Burlington? This event features 18 breweries with food pairings and is being held this weekend Jan 26-27 at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Centre Burlington. The hotel is offering special overnight packages – a perfect little mid-winter getaway. Call the hotel at 905 639.4443 to book.
We are jumping for joy that the new Royal Botanical Gardens exhibit has begun. Frogs! is a dynamic experience with two special exhibitions and daily, family-friendly activities where visitors of all ages can explore the wonderful world of frogs and their wetland homes. Frogs – A Chorus of Colours introduces visitors to the amazing and colorful world of frogs – they are beautiful! Then hop on over to The Frog Pond to meet some of the wetland species found at Royal Botanical Garden and discover their important roles in sustaining a healthy environment. Exhibit on until April 15 at the RBG Centre.
This Sunday Jan 28 the downtown will be a flurry of kilts during the 39th Robbie Burns 8K Roadrace hosted by the Burlington Runners Club. There is still time to register for the run (the walk is sold out) or cheer on the runners as they trek along the downtown streets. Race starts at 9:30 am from Central School.
The Taste of Burlington the prix-fix dining program public launch was this week and was a sell out once again. If you missed out getting a ticket this year make sure you sign up for the Taste Enewsletter as it features culinary events throughout the year. This year Taste celebrates 10 years of Great Taste and we have created a special anniversary video to get you inspired for the winter program coming up February 19 – March 11, 2018.
For outdoor activities such as skating, skiing, hiking, snowshoeing etc. check out the Winter is Snow Fun blog for all the details and visit websites before heading out to make sure weather has not impacted events. Remember that even though snow may not be on the ground Glen Eden has been making snow and has a great base despite the rain.
Looking for a perfect date night activity…have brunch/lunch/dinner in a Burlington eatery and then head to the show for a fabulous performance. Refer to the blog What’s Onstage for January and February performances/events you won’t want to miss.
Coming soon our Valentine’s Day and Family Day blogs.
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- To Sun Jan 28: Holding by a Thread Exhibit, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Apr 8: Knobs, Finials & Handles, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Apr 17: Suited to a Tea: Forty Years – Forty Teapots, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Wed Jan 31: Festival of Beer, Various Burlington & Hamilton restaurants
- To Fri Feb 16: Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, Mountsberg
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Crawford Lake, Crawford Lake
- To Fri Feb 16: Winter at Mountsberg, Mountsberg
- To Sun March 4: Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Rotary Centennial Pond* Weather permitting
- Sat Jan 20-Sun April 15: Frogs: A Chorus of Colours, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 24: Short History of Crime Movies, Central Library
- Thurs 25: Throwback Thursday: “Bonnie & Clyde”, Central Library
- Thurs 25: Scotch and Bagpipes, Royal Botanical Gardens* SOLD OUT
- Thurs 25: Classic Albums Live: Led Zeppelin IV, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Fri 26: Owl Prowl – Adult, Mountsberg
- Fri 26: The Slocan Ramblers, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Fri 26-Sat 27: Burlington Winter Beer Festival, Holiday Inn Burlington
- Sat 27: Herbs for Cold & Flu, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sat 27: Evening Moonlight Snowshoe Hike, Crawford Lake
- Sat 27: Owl Prowl – Family, Mountsberg
- Sat 27: Compagnie Marie Chouinard – Chopin & The Rite of Spring, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sun 28: Robbie Burns 8km Road Race, Burlington Central High School
- Sun 28: Directors Series: “Blade Runner 2049”, Central Library
- Sun 28: Swing! Swing! Swing! with the Toronto All-Star Big Band, Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sun 28: Bwindi, Impenetrable Forest, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Thurs 1: Heritage Month Launch, St. Luke’s Anglican Church
- Thurs 1: Gord Bamford, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Fri 2: The Fugitives, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST
- Fri 2-Sun 4: “I’ll Be Back Before Midnight”, Drama Centre
- Fri 2-Sun 4: 38th Annual Drury Lane Music Hall, Drury Lane Theatre