#BurlON til Dec 5
Are you in the Holiday spirit? We sure are here in #BurlON. With the Santa Claus Parade, Festival of Lights, and many more events there’s plenty of fun things to see and do in Burlington this coming week.
Here Comes Santa Claus
Santa Claus is coming to Burlington! Sunday, December 2 at 2 pm is Burlington’s annual Santa Claus Parade. This is always a highlight of the holiday season in here in #BurlON, and a perfect way to kick off the month of December. Have a day of fun filled with all of the colourful floats, live entertainment, mascots, and Santa Claus himself. Stop into the Burlington Performing Arts Centre for some post-parade hot chocolate. Check out the parade route online, grab your chairs and blankets, and prepare for a day of Christmas fun!
Winter Taste of Burlington Launch Event
Taste of Burlington returns this winter from February 18 – March 10 2019. To launch the prix-fixe dining program there is an event January 29 at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre with sample beverages and interactive food stations from Taste of Burlington participating restaurants. Tickets go on sale November 29, so hurry and get yours before they’re gone!
Candlelit Stroll through Downtown Burlington
Join us downtown for the annual Candlelit Stroll kicking off the Festival of Lights on November 30 at 6 pm. Come down to Civic Square at City Hall to enjoy festive burgers from the Works Gourmet Burger Bistro, free hot chocolate from Coffee Culture Café & Eatery, and visits with Santa. Here you can pick up your complimentary candle and route map, and drop off donations to the CHML Tree of Hope for local children’s charities. The stroll through the downtown begins at 7 pm with musical stops and ends in Spencer Smith Park at the Festival of Lights. Check out our blog for more information on the Festival of Lights.
Curate Your Night with the Art Gallery of Burlington
The Art Gallery of Burlington is inviting you to #CurateYourNight with four opening night events for five different unique exhibitions. Join them for a night of wine tasting, food stations, shopping, and exploring all the gallery has to offer. Also included is a Symphonic Recital by Tom Wilson and Orchestra. First exhibits opening are Dancing on the Grave and Beautiful Scars: Mohawk Warriors, Hunters, and Chiefs on November 30. Visit us in the Visitor Information Centre at 414 Locust Street to pick up your FREE ticket, or download yours online.
We’re really feeling the holiday cheer here in #BurlON with plenty of exciting events for all ages. Saturday December 1 Santa Arrives at Mapleview Mall. Stop by to tell Santa what you want this Christmas and receive a free photo. Also on December 1 is the annual Christmas on the Rails at Halton County Radial Railway. Take a ride on the rails through the snow covered forest while listening to Christmas carols, and a visit from Santa!
Until December 20 the lobby of the Burlington Performing Arts centre will be decorated with a festive display of Christmas trees! Every tree is sponsored by a local business or organization and visitors can buy raffle tickets for the chance to take one of these trees home. Winners will be drawn at the Andy Kim Christmas Show on December 20. Check out the tree sponsored by Tourism Burlington which is celebrates 10 years of Great Taste – A Taste of Burlington.
There are also lots of things happening at the Royal Botanical Gardens, some requiring preregistration. Check out our Holiday blog for more ideas on what to do in #BurlON this holiday season.
Springridge Farm Fun
Springridge Farm is inviting you to get into the holiday spirit with their annual weekend Christmas Activities. Paint a glass ornament, decorate a freshly baked gingerbread cookie, and visit Santa throughout the barn. Also, you can pick up a Fresh Fraser Fir Christmas tree. Call ahead to place an order for Christmas treats like cookies, fruit pies, and tarts.
Performances in Burlington
Looking for some indoor Christmas cheer? Catch a show at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. On Sunday the 2 see the popular John McDermott Christmas with Dala and on Wednesday Dec 5 is A Very Electric Christmas. This is the last weekend to catch children’s favourite “Rumpelstiltskin” at Theatre Burlington, a perfect night out for the family close to home.
Have a great week everyone!
- Daily to Nov 30: Novemburger, Various Burlington Restaurants
- To Dec 15: Rushing to the Shallows, C. Miles Goldring Art Gallery
- Weds & Fris to Dec 19: Visits with Santa, RBG Hendrie
- To Dec 20: Festival of Trees, Performing Arts Centre
- Daily to Dec 23: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG Hendrie
- Suns to Dec 30: Back to Nature Hike, Rotating Start Points
- To Dec 30: Winter Lights at the Rock, RBG Rock Gardens
- Daily to Jan 6: Botanical Train Display, RBG Centre
- Wknds to Dec 23, Daily Dec 27-31, Jan 2-6: Escarpment Train Exhibit, RBG Rock Gardens
- Fri Nov 30-Tues Jan 8: Festival of Lights, Spencer Smith Park
- Daily to Jan 13: Mini Exhibit: Seeds in Disguise, RBG Centre
- Sat Dec 1-Sun Jan 27: Dancing on the Grave, Art Gallery
- Sat Dec 1-Sun Jan 27: Beautiful Scars: Mohawk Warriors, Hunters, and Chiefs, Art Gallery
- Wed 28: Creative Winter Photography, Central Library
- Wed 28: Holiday Magic Evergreen Arrangements, RBG Centre
- Fri 30-Sat Dec 1: “Rumpelstiltskin”, Drama Centre
- Fri 30: Burlington Downtown Candlelit Stroll, Civic Square to Spencer Smith Park
- Fri 30: Beautiful Scars: Mohawk Warriors, Hunters, and Chiefs Opening Night, Art Gallery
- Fri 30: Dancing on the Grave Opening Night, Art Gallery
- Fri 30: Movember Wrap Party, Nickel Brook Brewing
- Fri 30-Sun Dec 2: Walk to Bethlehem, Country Heritage Park
- Sat 1: Santa Arrives, Mapleview Centre
- Sat 1-Sun 2: Christmas Activities, Springridge Farm
- Sat 1: A Morning with Anna Olson, Springridge Farm
- Sat 1: Burlington Concert Band: On with the Snow!, Wellington Square United Church
- Sat 1: Christmas on the Rails, Halton County Radial Railway
- Sat 1: Holidays at Woodbine Park, Woodbine Mohawk Park
- Sun 2: Santa Claus Parade, Burlington
- Sun 2: Burlington Welsh Ladies Chorus Christmas Concert, St. Matthew on-the-Plain
- Sun 2: John McDermott Christmas with Dala, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 2: Light Up the Lake 5km Run/Walk, Waterfront Trail
- Sun 2: Join the Joy Holiday Open House, Joeseph Brant Hospital
- Mon 3: Orange the World: End Violence Against Women and Girls, Burlington City Hall
- Tues 4: DIY Burlap Wreath Workshop, House & Canvas
- Wed 5: A Very Electric Christmas, Performing Arts Centre
- Wed 5: Project Paint Night, Tansley Woods Library