#BurlON til Dec 4
This week marks the end of November and the start of December, and in #BurlON that means more holiday fun. There is the Festival of Lights starting this weekend, and the return of the annual Santa Claus Parade on Sunday. Here are some things we recommend checking out in #BurlON ’til Dec 4.
Kicking off the Festival of Lights is the Burlington Downtown Candlelit Stroll on Friday, November 29. Beginning at City Hall at 6 pm, pick up glow sticks and maps, visit with Santa, and grab a cup of free hot chocolate. After the tree lighting at 7 pm, stroll the downtown and enjoy the music, food, and other entertainment at various stops.
Festival of Lights
Take a walk in Spencer Smith Park this holiday season for the Festival of Lights. Throughout the park are 60 different magical lighting displays set up to set the scene for the season. This festival is free to attend and is ongoing from November 29 to January 8 from 4 pm to midnight. Check online for special dates with extended hours.
The Burlington Santa Claus Parade returns to #BurlON on Sunday the 1. Watch bands, creative floats, mascots, and Santa himself ride by on his sleigh. The parade begins at 2 pm, check online for route information.
Festival of Trees
Until December 21 plan to visit the Burlington Performing Art Centre for their 3rd annual Festival of Trees. Their lobby is beautiful with over 35 pre-lit trees decorated by different Burlington businesses and groups and each decorated differently. The lobby will be open noon-4 seven days a week plus during performances so you can look at the trees and bid on your favourites in their Silent Auction.
Shop local in Downtown Burlington and you could win a $500 shopping spree for Retail Roundup. With every purchase at participating retailers, you receive a ballot. Hurry, because this event ends Nov 30, and it could be you who wins!
Arts and Culture
Ongoing at the Joseph Brant Museum is the amazing exhibit “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit. It features interactive pinball machines as well as rock and roll memorabilia. This exhibit is on until January 12.
This Friday the 29 at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre is The Men of the Deeps: Christmas in the Mine.
At the Art Gallery of Burlington is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, on until Tues, Dec 31. Also at the AGB every week is Family Sunday Open Studio from 1-4 pm. Admission to the gallery is always free and it’s a great way to get creative as a family.
- Tues until Dec 17, Fri Nov 29: Visit with Santa, RBG
- Daily to Sat Nov 30: Retail Roundup, Downtown Burlington shops
- Wknds until Sun Dec 8, Christmas at Springridge Farm, Springridge Farm
- To Sat Dec 21: Festival of Trees, Performing Arts Centre – Lobby
- Weds to Suns until Sun Dec 22: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Wknds until Sun Jan 5: Escarpment Train Show, RBG* Closed Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
- To Sun Jan 5: Botanical Train Display, RBG
- Fri Dec 6-Sun Jan 5: Winter Lights at the Rock, RBG
- Fri Nov 29-Wed Jan 8: Festival of Lights, Spencer Smith Park
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- Mid-Nov.-Early March: Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Thurs 28: CP Holiday Train Visit, Kelso C. Area
- Thurs 28-Sat 30: “Legally Blonde”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Thurs 28-Fri 29: Fest-of-Ales, RBG
- Fri 29: Burlington Downtown Candlelit Stroll, Civic Square
- Fri 29: The Men of the Deeps: Christmas in the Mine, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 29-Sat 30: Burlington Made Craft Market, Ron Joyce Centre
- Fri 29-Sat 30: “Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp”, Drama Centre
- Sat 30: Luke’s Christmas Market, St. Luke’s Church
- Sat 30: Breakfast with Santa, Mainway Arena
- Sat 30: What the World Needs Now with Wendy Lands, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 30: The Magic of Santa, Mapleview Centre
- Sun 1: Burlington Santa Claus Parade, Burlington Centre to Caroline St.
- Sun 1: Emilie-Claire Barlow: Winter Lights, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 1: Light Up the Lake 5km Run/Walk, Art Gallery
- Tues 3: Autumn Book & Author Series, RBG
- Tues 3: Burton Cummings: Up Close and Alone, Performing Arts Centre
- Wed 4-Sun 8: The North Coal Christmas Market, Village Square