#BurlON til Dec 19
The Countdown is on til Christmas so make sure you invite friends and family to attend the fun holiday events we have here in #BurlON including theatre, music, holiday lights and more! Plus we have some great local gift ideas for you.
Take a stroll through the thousands of twinkling Christmas lights in the Rock Garden at the Royal Botanical Gardens for Winter Lights at the Rock. Tickets are required for this event, so check it out online to learn more. Also on weekends at the RBG is the Escarpment Train Exhibit. Go on a journey through four seasons of Canadian landscapes while hearing the story of how railroads shaped our history.
Head down to Spencer Smith Park for Burlington Festival of Lights. Enjoy over 60 festive displays until January 8, by either walking through the park or driving along Lakeshore Road. Until December 23 visit Mapleview Centre to meet Santa and receive a free 5 x 7” photo.
Take a look at Tourism Burlington’s tree at the Festival of Trees. Until December 20 the lobby of the Burlington Performing Arts centre will be decorated with a festive display of Christmas trees! Every tree is sponsored by a local business or organization and visitors can buy raffle tickets for the chance to take one of these trees home. Winners will be drawn at the Andy Kim Christmas Show on December 20.
Looking for more holiday fun? Check out our Christmas blog for more information on Burlington’s festivities!
Is one of your family traditions to attend a holiday concert? Check out some of the performances at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre this week. On Thurs Dec 13 is A Next Generation Leahy Christmas, (all under the age of 16 years who perform Celtic music and dance) and Friday Dec14 is Wonderful World of Christmas, Graceland Edition and The Andy Kim Christmas on Thursday December 20. At Drury Lane Theatre enjoy Cinderella, a Christmas Pantomine on Friday – Sunday.
Our friends at Springridge Farm are busy making freshly baked goodies. Call ahead to place an order for Christmas treats like cookies, fruit pies, and tarts so you aren’t disappointed. Springridge Farm will be closing at noon on December 24 until the spring, so make sure you visit before the end of the season!
Shopping Left to do??
We have some great holiday gift ideas for you with lots of unique ideas which also support local products and experiences. Check out the holiday gift guide or the #BurlON experiences blog for some amazing ideas for everyone on your wish list.
Post Christmas Activities
Victorian Christmas @ Bronte Creek
Starting on December 27 – January 6 get transported back in time to the year 1900 and visit a Victorian homestead at Bronte Creek Provincial Park. Use historic tools and techniques for some hands-on crafts, play traditional games and activities. Take a tour of the elegantly decorated Spruce Lane farmhouse, listen to seasonal stories and songs in the parlor, and learn about Victorian era holiday traditions.
Over the holiday break Tim Hortons is hosting FREE skating sessions here in Burlington. The times and locations vary, so check out the schedule to see when there is free skating near you. This is a great way for the whole family to have fun together – for FREE!
Weather permitting you can also skate on outdoor rinks including the great lakeside location at the Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond in Spencer Smith Park where they have skate lending services plus several neighbourhood rinks in local parks.
Winter Taste of Burlington Launch Event
Taste of Burlington returns this winter from February 18 – March 10, 2019. To launch the prix-fixe dining program there is an event January 29 at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre with sample beverages and interactive food stations from Taste of Burlington participating restaurants. Tickets are on sale now, so hurry and get yours before they’re gone – they make a great Christmas gift.
Ring in the New Year
Looking to celebrate the New Year in #BurlON, check out our blog for lots of great ideas? Here are some special packages available for New Year’s which include festivities and overnight accommodation.
- Weds & Fris to Dec 19: Visits with Santa, RBG Hendrie
- To Dec 20: Festival of Trees, Performing Arts Centre
- Daily to Dec 23: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG Hendrie *SOLD OUT
- Suns to Dec 30: Back to Nature Hike, Rotating Start Points
- Suns: Family Open Studio, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Dec 30: Winter Lights at the Rock, RBG Rock Gardens
- Daily to Jan 6: Botanical Train Display, RBG Centre
- Wknds to Dec 23 & Daily Dec 27-31 & Jan 2-6: Escarpment Train Exhibit, RBG Rock Gardens
- Daily to Jan 8: Festival of Lights, Spencer Smith Park
- Daily to Jan 13: Mini Exhibit: Seeds in Disguise, RBG Centre
- Daily to Jan 27: Dancing on the Grave, Art Gallery
- Daily to Jan 27: Beautiful Scars: Mohawk Warriors, Hunters, and Chiefs, Art Gallery
- Thurs 13: A Next Generation Leahy Christmas. Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 14: Wonderful World of Christmas,Graceland Ed., Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 14: Night Market Pop-Up, St. George’s Church
- Fri 14-Sun 16: Cinderella, a Christmas Pantomime, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 15: Holiday Market at the Brewery, Nickel Brook Brewing Co
- Sun 16: Children’s Christmas Party, Woodbine Mohawk Park
- Sun 16: Brunch with Santa & Mrs. Claus, RBG Centre – *SOLD OUT
- Sun 16: Visit with Santa + Christmas Crafts, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 20: The Andy Kim Christmas, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 21: Family Solstice Celebration, RBG Nature Interpretive Centre