#BurlON til Dec 18
Winter is approaching and here in #BurlON we say let it snow! There are plenty of different events to get you in the holiday spirit this week, with the Festival of Lights down at Spencer Smith Park, as well as holiday events ongoing at the Royal Botanical Gardens. Here are some things we recommend checking out in #BurlON til Dec 18.
Holiday Traditions continue at the Royal Botanical Gardens this week with a great variety of Christmas-themed events. This is the last week to Visit with Santa before he leaves the RBG for the North Pole, so be sure to see him Tues Dec 17.
Festival of Lights
See the waterfront lit up for the Festival of Lights. Every night from 4 pm until midnight see the 60 magical displays set up throughout Spencer Smith Park. This event is absolutely free and is on until Jan 8. So enjoy dinner in Downtown Burlington at one of the many great restaurants and then a walk by the park, or warm up after your walk with a drink/dessert.
The Drury Lane Theatre has another performance for the Christmas season. See “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs” this weekend with an evening show on Fri 13 and a matinee on Sat 14 and Sun 15.
Arts and Culture
Ongoing at the Art Gallery of Burlington is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit until Tues, Dec 31. Also at the AGB is Family Sunday Open Studio, running every Sunday 1-4. Admission is always free and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
At the Joseph Brant Museum is the “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, complete with interactive pinball machines and rock memorabilia, on until Jan 12. Make sure you check out this amazing exhibit before it leaves #BurlON! Also, there is a Balls & Beer Pinball Night. Enjoy a night filled with local craft beer, pinball, food, and prizes; Dec 13 from 7-10 pm. Tickets are available online.
There are three different performances at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre this week. On Fri 13 is Wonderful World of Christmas – Comeback, on Sat 14 is Buzz Brass Christmas with the Elmer Iseler Singers, and on Mon 16 is John McDermott Family Christmas with Special Guests Dala.
Head downtown to enjoy the winter weather with Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating. Skate the pond at Discovery Landing while looking out to the lake. Open weather dependent daily, from 10 am to 10 pm.
For more things to do this holiday season, check out our blog.
- Tues to Tues Dec 17: Visit with Santa, RBG
- To Sat Dec 21: Festival of Trees, Performing Arts Centre – Lobby
- Weds to Suns to Sun Dec 22: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG* SOLD OUT
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Wknds to Sun Jan 5: Escarpment Train Show, RBG* Closed Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
- To Sun Jan 5: Botanical Train Display, RBG
- Fri Dec 6-Sun Jan 5: Winter Lights at the Rock, RBG
- To Wed Jan 8: Festival of Lights, Spencer Smith Park
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- To Early March: Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Fri 13: Wonderful World of Christmas – Comeback, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 13: Balls & Beer Pinball Night, Joseph Brant Museum
- Fri 13-Sun 15: “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Sat 14: Buzz Brass Christmas with the Elmer Iseler Singers, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 14: Christmas on the Rails, Halton County Radial Railway
- Sat 14-Sun 15: Brunch with Santa & Mrs. Claus, RBG* SOLD OUT
- Sun 15: Christmas on the Rails, Halton County Radial Railway
- Mon 16: John McDermott Family Christmas with Special Guests Dala, Performing Arts Centre