#BurlON til Dec 11
This week is full of fun activities to do with the family. Burlington offers plenty of holiday fun, which you can read more about in our holiday blog Here are our picks for things to do in #BurlON ’til Dec 11.
Holiday Traditions at the RBG
Celebrate the season with the Royal Botanical Gardens. Visit with Santa on Tuesdays until Dec 17 and let him know what’s on your Christmas list.
Take a journey through Canada’s four seasons with the Escarpment Train Show, weekends until Jan 5. Learn about how railroads shaped our history through three eras of locomotion.
Explore the beautiful Rock Garden lit up for the season with Winter Lights at the Rock. Tickets are required and are available online or at the door, this event is ongoing until Jan 5 on select nights.
Festival of Lights
Spencer Smith Park is lit up for the season with the Festival of Lights. Until Wed Jan 8, stroll through the park by the lake to take in the 60 magical lighting displays. This festival is free to attend and is on from 4 pm to midnight every night. Check online for special extended hours.
You better watch out! Santa Claus(es) will be running through town for the Santa 5km Run. Participants can walk or run in Santa suits including a beard. The event begins at 8:55 on Saturday Dec 7, register online so you can pick up your suits ahead of time! This is a great way to celebrate the season with the family.
Christmas on the Rails
This Saturday the 7 join the Halton County Radial Railway for a unique holiday experience. With Christmas on the Rails, take a ride through the wintery woods on a streetcar while singing Christmas carols and visiting with Santa. This event runs from 1 pm to 8 pm and tickets are sold at the door.
Festival of Trees
Visit the Burlington Performing Arts Centre for the Festival of Trees. The lobby is filled with over 35 pre-lit Christmas trees uniquely decorated and sponsored by local businesses. Also, participate in the silent auction for the chance to take home one of these trees for the holidays. This event is on until Sat Dec 21.
Christmas on the Farm
Weekends until December 15 visit Springridge Farm from 10-3 for Santa’s Workshop weekends. Kids can take part in festive activities and Santa will be there for photos. Their gift barn is full of great gift ideas so get some of your holiday shopping done and stock up on delicious baked goods before you head for home after a fun-filled visit.
The North Coal Christmas Market
It’s the first year for The North Coal Christmas Market that takes place Wednesday – Sunday in beautiful Village Square in Downtown Burlington. Don’t miss the Tree Lighting at 6:00 pm on Wednesday. Enjoy music, vendors, Beer Garden, photos with Santa, Sausages and pretzels and more!
Arts and Culture
Ongoing at the Art Gallery of Burlington is The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit until Dec 31. Also at the AGB is Family Sunday Open Studio, every week from 1-4 pm. Admission is always free, and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
At the Joseph Brant Museum until Jan 12 is the “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, featuring interactive pinball machines and rock memorabilia. Have fun playing pinball and exploring the new Museum.
This week check out some of the shows at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. From Fri 6 to Sat 7 is National Ballet Theatre of Odessa: The Nutcracker, on Sun 8 is Burlington Symphony Orchestra: A Christmas Spectacular!, and on Wed 11 is Burlington Concert Band Holiday Jubilee.
For more information on events and more, visit us at 414 Locust St, open 9 am to 4 pm seven days a week, or call us at 905 634 5594.
- Tuesdays to Tues Dec 17: Visit with Santa, RBG
- Wknds to Sun Dec 8, Christmas at Springridge Farm, Springridge Farm
- To Sat Dec 21: Festival of Trees, Performing Arts Centre – Lobby
- Weds to Suns to Sun Dec 22: Santa’s Signature Experience, RBG* SOLD OUT
- To Tues Dec 31: The Gender Conspiracy Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Wknds to Sun Jan 5: Escarpment Train Show, RBG* Closed Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
- To Sun Jan 5: Botanical Train Display, RBG
- Fri Dec 6-Sun Jan 5: Winter Lights at the Rock, RBG
- To Wed Jan 8: Festival of Lights, Spencer Smith Park
- To Sun Jan 12: “Part of the Machine: Rock & Pinball” Exhibit, Joseph Brant Museum
- To Early March: Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond Skating, Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond*weather dependent
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Wed 4-Sun 8: The North Coal Christmas Market, Village Square
- Thurs 5-Sat 7: Burly Calling, Various locations
- Fri 6: A Night at Ireland House, Ireland House at Oakridge Farm* SOLD OUT
- Fri 6: Burlington Welsh Male Chorus Christmas Concert, St. Christopher’s Church
- Fri 6-Sat 7: National Ballet Theatre of Odessa: The Nutcracker, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 7: Santa 5km Run, Burlington Downtown- Start at City Hall
- Sat 7: Christmas on the Rails, Halton County Radial Railway
- Sun 8: Burlington Symphony Orchestra: A Christmas Spectacular!, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun 8: Ukrainian Christmas Market, Holy Protection Church Hall
- Sun 8: Brunch with Santa & Mrs. Claus, RBG – SOLD OUT
- Wed 11: Burlington Concert Band Holiday Jubilee, Performing Arts Centre