#BurlON til Aug 7
Happy August everyone! While summer may be going by fast it isn’t over yet! There are still plenty of things to do in #BurlON til Aug 7, including celebrating Joseph Brant Day and our city’s heritage, visiting the Enchanted Gardens at the Royal Botanical Gardens, or enjoying some live music in Central Park. Here are some of our picks for the week coming up.
Joseph Brant Day
Celebrate local heritage, multiculturalism, and community at the Joseph Brant Day Festival. On Monday, August 5 from 11 am to 4 pm, visit Lasalle Park for a free day of fun. There will be entertainment, food trucks, and a vendor market. Also, there are many family-friendly activities such as trampolines and bubble soccer. This is always a fantastic event and a great way to celebrate our city.
Enchanted Garden at the RBG
Get ready for a magical weekend at the Royal Botanical Gardens for . Saturday the 3 to Monday the 5 explore the Rock Garden and meet fairies, pixies, elves, and more. Plus, there will be face painting, games, and many enchanted crafts to make and take home. Tickets for this event are available online or at the door.
This Saturday at Spencer Smith Park is the . Organized by the Halton Black History Awareness Society, this festival has live musical performances, children’s activities, art, food, and crafts, all while promoting inclusivity and community.
One Burlington Festival
Celebrate Faith and Culture this Civic Holiday at Central Park for the . This year’s theme is “Embracing Diversity”. Spend the afternoon enjoying games, free food from a variety of cultures, and live performances. Additionally, there will be information booths to promote understanding.
Outdoors in #BurlON
Explore Coote’s Paradise by canoe with Paddling in Paradise. Tuesdays and Saturdays at the RBG until Aug 17, get a glimpse of the diverse life in the marsh, be sure to bring your camera! Pre-registration online is required.
Tuesdays at Bronte Creek Provincial Park enjoy Yoga in the Park, and on Wednesdays is Pilates in the Park. Both events are included in park admission. Also at Bronte Creek, the Outdoor Pool is open. Cool off this summer in one of the largest outdoor pools in Canada, or lay out a towel on the grass and soak up the sun.
Every Sunday outside the Performing Arts Centre is Fit in the Core. Try open-air fitness absolutely FREE. Just bring a mat and towel. This Sunday is Cardio Kickboxing by Burlington Physiotherapy & Health Clinic.
Arts and Culture
On Saturday the 3, a new exhibit arrives at the Art Gallery of Burlington called Eruptions. Ongoing until October 27, this exhibit studies the life cycle of a tree. Additionally, there are two exhibits ongoing until Aug 18; Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money and also 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact. In addition to these exhibits, Guardian Spirits is ongoing until Aug 25. Also, every Sunday the AGB hosts a Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is free so be sure to stop by and get creative.
Summer Outdoor Music
Concerts in the Park are ongoing this summer in the Central Park Bandshell. On Sunday the 4 is The Peter Banting Swingtet and on Wednesday the 7 is Subourbon Street. At the Royal Botanical Gardens enjoy Country and Roots Tuesdays until Aug 20, and Red Hot Jazz & Cool Blues, Wednesdays until Aug 28.
Check out our blog for more outdoor music events this summer.
Movies under the Stars
Movies under the Stars returns this week with The Incredibles. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets to Lowville park for the movie, starting at 9 pm. Check @BurlEvents on Twitter for confirmation that the movie is showing by 3 p.m. on the scheduled movie date.
Know it Alls Onsite!
There’s so much to See & Do in #BurlON til Aug 7, so be sure to get out there and enjoy! If you have any questions please stop by our Visitor Information Centre at 414 Locust St or give us a call, we are open from 8 am to 6 pm seven days a week.
- Thurs Aug 1 – 26: Breaking Bread Farmers Market, St. George’s Anglican Church
- Tues & Sats to Aug 17: Paddling in Paradise, RBG – Nature Centre
- To Sun Aug 18: Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 18: 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, Art Gallery
- Wed. & Sun. to Aug 18: Concerts in the Park, Central Park Bandshell
- Tues to Aug 20: Country and Roots Tuesdays, RBG
- To Sun Aug 25: Guardian Spirits, Art Gallery
- Tues to Aug 27: Yoga in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Tues to Aug 27: Mountain Bike Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- Tues to Aug 27: Tai Chi in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Yoga in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Red Hot Jazz & Cool Blues, RBG
- Wed. to Aug 28: Pilates in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Thurs to Aug 29: HIIT in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Thurs to Aug 29: Music in the Park – Amateur Evening, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Farmhouse & Nature Centre Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Outdoor Pool Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sun. to Sept 22: Fit in the Core, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun. to Oct 6: Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- Wed., Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- Sat Aug 3-Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Thurs 1: Movies Under the Stars: “The Incredibles”, Lowville Park
- Sat 3: Halton Freedom Celebration Festival, Spencer Smith Park
- Sat 3: Civic Holiday Fireworks, Woodbine Mohawk Racetrack
- Sat 3- Mon 5: The Enchanted Garden, RBG
- Mon 5: Joseph Brant Day Festival, LaSalle Park
- Mon 5: One Burlington Festival, Central Park