#BurlON til Aug 28
This week marks the end of many of the ongoing events for the summer. Ending this week are many of the fitness classes in the parks, as well as an exhibit at the Art Gallery. However, there’s still plenty to see and do with the Marques D’Elegance car show this weekend, as well as the Taste of Burlington on until Sept 2 at 31 restaurants across #BurlON. Here is what’s going on in #BurlON until August 28.
This weekend at the Paletta Lakefront Mansion is Marques d’Elegance Luxury Supercar Weekend. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. see some of the world’s most beautiful exotic supercars and vintage classics. Tickets are available online.
Art in Burlington
Leaving the Art Gallery of Burlington this week is the exhibit, Guardian Spirits. It is here until August 25 so be sure to check it out before it’s gone. Also ongoing at the Art Gallery is the Eruptions Exhibit, until October 27. Every week at the Art Gallery is Family Sunday Open Studio. There is always free admission and it’s a great way to get creative as a family.
Ongoing at the Royal Botanical Gardens is Shakespeare at the Rock. Enjoy a night of entertaining and inspiring theatre under the stars in the historic Rock Garden. Tickets are available online, pre-registration is required.
Enjoy the Outdoors
This is the last week of the Mountain Bike Race Series at Kelso Conservation Area so be sure to register for the race taking place on August 27. Also, this is the last week for the many different fitness classes held at Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area including Tai Chi in the Park on Tuesday and Yoga in the Park on Wednesday.
Ongoing in the Performing Arts Centre plaza until September 22 is Fit in the Core. This week’s class is Rise & Flow by Debbie Marie from Maximized Health. These classes are free; just bring your mat and water bottle.
On Saturday the 24 is the Aldershot Village BIA Market. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. shop local food and retail vendors, fruit and produce, and enjoy live music.
Thursday evening from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. is the Breaking Bread Farmers’ Market, with a pay-what-you-can BBQ, vendors, crafts, and sports.
Every Sunday from 9 am to 12 pm is the Centro Garden Farmer’s Market. Shop a variety of vendors and enjoy coffee from Tamp. Also, in the Burlington Centre Parking Lot is the Farmer’s Market, Wednesdays 8 am to 2 pm, Fridays 8 am to 3 pm, and Saturdays 8 am to 2 pm until Oct 26.
Music in the Park
This Thursday is Music in the Park – Amateur Evening at Bronte Creek Provincial Park. Enjoy a performance from Canadian folk band Fat Sunday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
For more ideas on outdoor concerts this summer, check out our blog.
Taste of Burlington
The summer Taste of Burlington program runs until September 2. This prix-fixe dining program is on at thirty-one of #BurlON’s fantastic restaurants. Lunches range from $15-25 and dinners from $30-40. Post pics of your food on social media and tag @TasteofBurl for the chance to win a gift card to one of the participating restaurants. Bon Appetit!
There’s so much to See & Do in #BurlON til Aug 28, so be sure to get out there and enjoy! If you have any questions please stop by our Visitor Information Centre at 414 Locust St or give us a call, we are open from 8 am to 6 pm seven days a week.
- To Sun Aug 25: Guardian Spirits, Art Gallery
- Thurs to Aug 29: Breaking Bread Farmers’ Market, St. George’s Church
- Tues to Aug 27: Yoga in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Tues to Aug 27: Mountain Bike Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- Tues to Aug 27: Tai Chi in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Yoga in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Red Hot Jazz & Cool Blues, RBG
- Wed. to Aug 28: Pilates in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Thurs to Aug 29: HIIT in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Thurs to Aug 29: Music in the Park – Amateur Evening, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Farmhouse & Nature Centre Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Outdoor Pool Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sun. to Sept 22: Fit in the Core, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun. to Oct 6: Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- Wed., Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- To Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Thurs 22: Throwback Thursday: “Do the Right Thing”, Central Library
- Thurs 22: Party on Plains, Exquisite Wines Plaza
- Fri 23: Sculpture Social, RBG – Hendrie Park
- Fri 23: Family Outdoor Movie Night: “Black Panther”, Kelso C. Area
- Sat 24: Aldershot Village BIA Market, Across from Maplehurst School
- Sat 24: Songs and Sunsets Music Series, Central Park Bandshell
- Sun 25: Marques d’Elegance Luxury Supercar Weekend, Paletta Lakefront Mansion
- Sun 25: Photography Workshops Series, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Sun 25: Public Viewing Sessions, Burlington Model Railway Club
- Sun 25: Try It Series – Rock Climbing, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Tues 27: Screeners: “BlacKKKlansman”, Central Library