#BurlON til Aug 21
It’s another busy week here in #BurlON. Taste of Burlington is on at thirty-one restaurants all across the city. This weekend marks the first Buttertart Festival in Burlington and the annual Children’s Festival. Here are some of the things we recommend checking out in #BurlON til Aug 21.
Come down to Spencer Smith Park on Sun the 18 for the Children’s Festival. From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., enjoy live entertainment, play zones and inflatables, vendors, food, and more. Meet and greet with some of the performers, watch in awe as stilt walkers roam the park, and enjoy the fun Family Zone. This is always a fun event for the whole family!
Butter Tart Run and Festival
New to #BurlON this year is the Butter Tart Festival and Butter Tart Festival Race. At Spencer Smith Park at 9:30 a.m., there will be a 1K run/walk, a 5K run/walk, and a Virtual 5K run/walk. Don’t worry – you don’t have to run to get a butter tart! From 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Art Gallery is the festival, where you can enjoy tasty butter tarts, shop from a variety of vendors, and enjoy fun family activities.
Taste of Burlington
The Taste of Burlington is back this summer until September 2. This prix-fixe dining program is ongoing at thirty-one of #BurlON’s fantastic restaurants. Lunches range from $15-25 and dinners from $30-40. Post pics of your food on social media and tag @TasteofBurl for the chance to win a gift card to one of the participating restaurants. Bon Appetit!
Arts and Culture
Leaving the Art Gallery of Burlington this Sunday the 18 is 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, and Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money. Be sure to check them out before they’re gone! Also, ongoing until Aug 25 is Guardian Spirits, and until Oct 27 Eruptions Exhibit. Every week at the Art Gallery is Family Sunday Open Studio. Admission is always free and this is a great way to get creative as a family.
From Thurs 15 to Sun 18 at the Performing Arts Centre is Key For Two, A Comedy.
Weeknights until August 30 visit the Royal Botanical Gardens for Shakespeare at the Rock. The Rock Garden sets the atmosphere for an enjoyable night of theatre under the stars.
Get Active in #BurlON
Get Fit in the Core this summer with free classes outside the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. This week’s class is Full Body, Strength Conditioning & Core by Beauchamp Fitness.
Movies By the Lake
Visit Spencer Smith Park on Tuesday, August 20 for Movies by the Lake. This week’s movie is Jumanji. Select downtown restaurants will be onsite for purchase of food & drink.
This Sunday is the last performance for Concerts in the Park. Visit the Central Park Bandshell to see the Burlington Concert Band. Remember to bring your lawn chair and/or blanket.
For more ideas on outdoor concerts this summer, check out our blog.
There’s so much to See & Do in #BurlON til Aug 21, so be sure to get out there and enjoy! If you have any questions please stop by our Visitor Information Centre at 414 Locust St or give us a call, we are open from 8 am to 6 pm seven days a week.
- Weeknights to Fri 30: Shakespeare at the Rock, RBG – Rock Garden
- Tues & Sats to Aug 17: Paddling in Paradise, RBG – Nature Centre
- To Sun Aug 18: Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 18: 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, Art Gallery
- Wed. & Sun. to Aug 18: Concerts in the Park, Central Park Bandshell,
- Tues to Aug 20: Country and Roots Tuesdays, RBG
- To Sun Aug 25: Guardian Spirits, Art Gallery
- Thurs to Aug 29: Breaking Bread Farmers’ Market, St. George’s Church
- Tues to Aug 27: Yoga in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Tues to Aug 27: Mountain Bike Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- Tues to Aug 27: Tai Chi in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Yoga in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Red Hot Jazz & Cool Blues, RBG
- Wed. to Aug 28: Pilates in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Thurs to Aug 29: HIIT in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Thurs to Aug 29: Music in the Park – Amateur Evening, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Farmhouse & Nature Centre Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Outdoor Pool Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sun. to Sept 22: Fit in the Core, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun. to Oct 6: Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- Wed., Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- To Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Thurs 15: Movies Under the Stars, Spencer Smith Park
- Thurs 15- Fri 16: Amazing Things to Do Before You’re 12, Mountsberg C. Area
- Thurs 15 –Sun 18: Key For Two, A Comedy, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 17: Butter Tart Festival, Spencer Smith Park
- Sat 17: Butter Tart Festival Race, Spencer Smith Park
- Sat 17: Songs and Sunsets Music Series, Central Park Bandshell
- Sat 17: Burlington Food Tours, Various downtown restaurants
- Sat 17: Iroquoia Trail Test Races, Crawford Lake C. Area
- Sun 18: Pints for Paws, Nickel Brook Brewing Co
- Sun 18: Children’s Festival, Spencer Smith Park
- Sun 18: Ghost Walk at Spruce Lane Farm, Bronte Creek
- Mon 19: Rotary Club Sgambati Golf Tournament, Burlington Golf and Country Club
- Mon 19: Urban Beekeeping Series, RBG
- Tues 20: Movies by the Lake, Spencer Smith Park