#BurlON til Aug 14
There are so many things going on in #BurlON til Aug 14. With many culinary events such as the return of Taste of Burlington and Lakeside a la Carte, your appetite will surely be satisfied. Also, with fun events such as the Downtown Jazz Festival and the return of Second Saturdays in the Square, there is plenty to see and do this week. Here are some of our picks for the upcoming week.
Taste of Burlington
Back again this summer starting August 12 until September 2 is the prix-fixe dining program Taste of Burlington. Get out and enjoy thirty-one of #BurlON’s fantastic restaurants. Lunches range from $15-25 and dinners range from $30-40. Take pics of your food and tag @TasteofBurl for the chance to win gift cards to participating restaurants. Bon Appetit!
Jazz Festival at BPAC
This weekend at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre is the Downtown Jazz Festival. Saturday the 10 and Sunday the 11, enjoy performances in the plaza for free. There are a variety of performers, so check online for a full schedule. Before or after the show stop into one of the many restaurants downtown and have refreshments on the patio.
Lakeside a la Carte
Lakeside à la Carte returns this Sunday the 11 to Spencer Smith Park. Those lucky enough to get tickets can sample more than forty restaurants, wineries, and breweries while looking out at the waterfront. Other activities include a silent auction, live entertainment, raffles, and more. Tickets are SOLD out and support local and international projects.
Outdoors in #BurlON
Get active this week at one of the many outdoor fitness classes offered at Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area. On Tuesdays until Aug 27 is Tai Chi in the Park, on Wednesdays until Aug 38 is Yoga in the Park, and on Thursdays until Aug 29 is HIIT in the Park.
Spend the day at Bronte Creek Provincial Park at their Farmhouse & Nature Centre, great fun for the whole family. Also, take a dip in the Outdoor Pool, and relax on a towel on the surrounding grassy area.
Fit in the Core returns this Sunday in the Performing Arts Centre, with this week’s class being Boutique Dance Class by Bombshell Boutique Dance & Fitness. Classes are free to attend – just bring a mat and some water. Fit in the Core is ongoing until Sept 22, so check online for a list of upcoming classes.
For all outdoor activities check the websites before heading out as sometimes there are cancellations due to inclement weather.
Arts and Culture
This week at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre there are a couple of different performances. On Thurs 8 – Fri 9 is the Burlington Royal Arts Festival and from Thurs 8 – Sat 10 is Key For Two, A Comedy.
There are many exhibits ongoing at the Art Gallery of Burlington right now. Until Sunday, August 18 are two exhibits: Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money and 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact. Until August 25 is Guardian Spirits, and new to the gallery is the Eruptions Exhibit. Every week at the Art Gallery is Family Sunday Open Studio, so bring your family to get creative for free.
Music in the Parks
Enjoy music from Obi at Central Park Bandshell for the Songs and Sunsets Music Series. This Saturday the 10 at 7 pm bring a lawn chair or blanket to Central Park for a night of entertainment in the open air.
Also at Central Park Bandshell is Concerts in the Park, every Wednesday and Sunday until August 18. On Sunday the 11 is High Rendition and on Wednesday the 14 is Bill and the Art Crawlers.
For more open-air music events this summer check out our blog.
Movies under the Stars
Bring your lawn chairs and blankets to Ireland Park this Thursday the 8 for Movies Under the Stars. This week’s movie is The Parent Trap. Relax in the open air with a free movie, starting at 9 pm. Be sure to check @BurlEvents on Twitter for confirmation of showing by 3 pm on the scheduled movie date.
Markets in #BurlON
Burlington Made is back on the 10 for Second Saturdays in the Square. From 10 am to 3 pm, visit Village Square to shop over 20 different local and handmade vendors while enjoying live music, coffee, tea, and sweets. Plus, there is a crafts table for children to enjoy for free.
Every Sunday from 9 am to 12 pm is the Centro Garden Farmer’s Market. Shop a variety of vendors and enjoy coffee from Tamp. Also, in the Burlington Centre Parking Lot is the Farmer’s Market, Wednesdays 8 am to 2 pm, Fridays 8 am to 3 pm, and Saturdays 8 am to 2 pm until Oct 26.
There’s so much to See & Do in #BurlON til Aug 14, so be sure to get out there and enjoy! If you have any questions please stop by our Visitor Information Centre at 414 Locust St or give us a call, we are open from 8 am to 6 pm seven days a week.
- Mon Aug 12- Fri 30: Shakespeare at the Rock, RBG – Rock Garden
- Tues & Sats to Aug 17: Paddling in Paradise, RBG – Nature Centre
- To Sun Aug 18: Jeneen Frei Njootli: my auntie bought all her skidoos with bead money, Art Gallery
- To Sun Aug 18: 150 Acts: Art, Activism, Impact, Art Gallery
- Wed. & Sun. to Aug 18: Concerts in the Park, Central Park Bandshell
- Tues to Aug 20: Country and Roots Tuesdays, RBG
- To Sun Aug 25: Guardian Spirits, Art Gallery
- Tues to Aug 27: Yoga in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Tues to Aug 27: Mountain Bike Race Series, Kelso C. Area
- Tues to Aug 27: Tai Chi in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Yoga in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Wed. to Aug 28: Red Hot Jazz & Cool Blues, RBG
- Wed. to Aug 28: Pilates in the Park, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Thurs to Aug 29: HIIT in the Park, Rattlesnake Point C. Area
- Thurs to Aug 29: Music in the Park – Amateur Evening, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Farmhouse & Nature Centre Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- To Mon Sept 2: Outdoor Pool Open, Bronte Creek P.P.
- Sun. to Sept 22: Fit in the Core, Performing Arts Centre
- Sun. to Oct 6: Farmer’s Market, Centro Garden
- Wed., Fri. & Sat. to Oct 26: Farmer’s Market, Burlington Centre Parking Lot
- Sat Aug 3-Sun Oct 27: Eruptions Exhibit, Art Gallery
- Mon Aug 12-Mon Sept 2: Taste of Burlington, Various Restaurants
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Thurs 8: Movies Under the Stars, Ireland Park
- Thurs 8: RBG After Dark: On the Rocks!, RBG – Rock Garden
- Thurs 8- Fri 9: Burlington Royal Arts Festival, Performing Arts Centre
- Thurs 8 –Sat 10: Key For Two, A Comedy, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 9- Sun 11: Royal Canadian Circus: “Under the Big Top”, Corpus Christi Catholic School
- Sat 10: Forest Bathing -Shinrin Yoku, Crawford Lake C. Area
- Sat 10: Discovery at the Fishway, RBG – Princess Point
- Sat 10: Second Saturdays in the Square, Village Square
- Sat 10: Songs and Sunsets Music Series, Central Park Bandshell
- Sat 10- Sun 11: Downtown Jazz Festival, Performing Arts Centre
- Sat 10- Sun 26: Edible Weekends, RBG- Hendrie Park
- Sun 11: Art in the Park, Country Heritage Park
- Sun 11: Raptors in Focus, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sun 11: Lakeside à la Carte, Spencer Smith Park – SOLD OUT
- Sun 11: Ghost Walk at Spruce Lane Farm, Bronte Creek