#Burlon ’til April 4
It’s Easter weekend and for many that means an extra day off on Friday! There are lots of fun Easter activites going on and we have an Easter Blog where you can get ideas for holiday themed events and activities. Enjoy Easter egg hunts and festivals or a nice brunch out. As it is a holiday weekend, the city offices will be closed Friday and Monday. For more info on what’s open/closed see here
If you are lucky to have another day or two off this weekend and perhaps have friends and/or family visiting, make sure you get out and enjoy all this great city has to offer!
Share your Maple Moment
It’s the last weekend for Maple Syrup Festivals and if you haven’t gone to one yet this year, you don’t know what you are missing! We are so lucky to be Canadian and have so many spots close by that offer fun activities for this sweet treat. Visit Mountsberg Conservation on weekends and holidays from 10-4 for their Maple Town. Enjoy pancakes in the great outdoors and sample maple candy- learn how sap is transformed into maple syrup. You can also visit Crawford Lake for their Sweet Water Season. Running the same times and days as Maple Town, you get the opportunity to visit the reconstructed Iroquoian Village and learn how maple syrup was first discovered and used by the Indigenous people through Sweet Water demonstrations (some edible demos!) Conservation Halton is running a Maple Moment Photo contest where you can share photos of your visit via social media and win!
Bronte Creek Provincial Park Maple Syrup Festival runs 9:30-3 on weekends and Easter weekend (not open Easter Monday). This festival specializes in the history of maple syrup on a heritage farm from 1900. Enjoy guided tours of maple lane, visit the pancake house, fresh maple candy, farm animals and be sure to visit the play barn!
The Art Gallery of Burlington has numerous free exhibitions, plus a lovely conservatory which makes you feel like you are in the tropics. Their Knobs, Finials and Handles exhibit is running until April 8 or enjoy their Suited to a Tea: Forty Years – Forty Teapots until April 17. Also on display until April 8 is Prime Time featuring Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers. Exhibits are free and be sure to visit their lovely gift shop while there.
You aren’t too late to hop over to the Royal Botanical Gardens for their Frogs! exhibit – it’s absolutely ribbeting! Lots of interactive displays and so much to learn about frogs! Sunday is also a special Easter Brunch and there are seatings at 10 am and 1 pm. Make sure you reserve in advance.
Love crafts? You’re in luck – the RBG is home to The Artisan Bazaar Friday and Saturday from 10 am-5pm. Enjoy shopping and browsing at this spring show in a beautiful setting.
Need some laughs after the long weekend? You’re in luck! The Just for Laughs Road show is on at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre on Tuesday at 8:00 pm. Celebrate the 15th anniversary of the show and get tickets and enjoy a night out!
Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday weekend and lets hope Mother Nature doesn’t try to play a joke on us over the weekend for April Fool’s Day!
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook. Please keep in mind that our office will be closed Friday March 30, Sunday April 1 and Monday April 2. We are open Saturday March 31 from 9am-4pm.
- Wknds from Sat March 3-Sun April 1: Maple Syrup Festival, Bronte Creek
- Wknds & March Break to Mon April 2: Sweet Water Season, Crawford Lake
- Wknds & March Break to Mon April 2: Maple Town, Mountsberg
- To Sun April 8: Prime Time, Canada’s 23 Prime Ministers Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun April 8: Storytellers Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun April 8: Knobs, Finials & Handles Exhibit, Art Gallery
- To Sun April 15: Frogs: A Chorus of Colours, Royal Botanical Gardens
- To Tues April 17: Damian Siqueiros: Prisms, Portraits of LGBTQ Canadians in Culture, Art Gallery
- To Tues April 17: Suited to a Tea: Forty Years, Forty Tea Pots, Art Gallery
- Fri 30: Good Friday Road Races, Aldershot High School
- Fri 30- Sun April 1: Easter Festival, Springridge Farm
- Fri 30-Sat 31: The Artisan Bazaar Spring Show, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Fri 30- Sun April 1: Easter Egg Extravaganza, Mountsberg
- Sun 1: Easter Brunch, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Tues 3: Just for Laughs Road Show, Performing Arts Centre – MT