#BurlON til Apr 25
Don’t let the weather dampen your day, there are many great activities going on in Burlington this week for you to get out and enjoy!
Get a head start on the gardening season at Plant Faire at the Royal Botanical Gardens. Here you can find unique plants for your home garden, and speak to passionate gardening professionals. This is a free event that runs from 9am -2pm on Saturday April 21st.
Get out of the rain this Thursday and head over to the Central Library to catch a film and meet two great authors! 32 Short Films About Glenn Gould is an award winning film that shows the life, work, and character of Glenn Gould, an acclaimed Canadian classical pianist. This film starts at 2 pm on Thursday April 19 and no registration is required. Also come over to see two bestselling authors Karin Slaughter and Alafair Burke at Meet the Authors: Karin Slaughter & Alafair Burke, as they discuss their latest works “The Good Daughter” and “The Wife”. This event starts at 7 pm on Thursday April 19, registration is required. Also at the library on Sunday April 22 at 1:30pm “California Typewriters” by Director Doug Nicho is being shown at the Central branch. This is a story about people whose lives are connected by typewriters.
It is a busy week with events at the Art Gallery of Burlington! Running from Saturday April 21 to Sunday May 21 is the All Guilds Show. This annual exhibition celebrates the works of members from the Art Galleries guilds, and showcases many different types of art. Also this weekend is the Kaleidoscope All Guilds Art Sale, where there are art demonstrations, free kids art activities, and the chance to buy local original art. This event is open on Friday April 20 from 6:30 -9pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 10-5pm. On Saturday April 21 from 10am – 3:30pm is the Burlington Hook-In event! This event is free and you can enjoy shopping, show and tell, draws and prizes!
If you are in the mood for some theatre, this is a great week to catch some local performances. Head over to Theatre Burlington to see Hilda’s Yard by Norm Foster. This play is a comedic look into the realities of family life that is full of laughs! Tickets can be purchased online. Also this week you can go see“Opening Night” by Norm Foster at the West Plains United Church. This play is a funny, gentle look at human relationships. There are shows this week on Thursday April 19, Friday April 20, and Saturday April 21.
With the spring weather on its way, (we hope) it is a great time to enjoy the beauty of Crawford Lake. Explore the trails and learn about the wildlife in the area. Have some fun with the family at Mountsberg. You can visit the farm animals at the barn, bird watching at Lookout Trail, fish in Bronte Creek and learn about eagles, hawks, and owls at the Raptor Centre.
Tourism Burlington can assist you with planning your visit. For more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook.
- Sat April 21-Sun May 21: All Guilds Show, Art Gallery
- Wknds & Holidays to Sun June 24: Spring at Crawford Lake, Crawford Lake
- Wknds & Holidays to Sun June 24: Spring at Mountsberg, Mountsberg
- Mon 16-Sat 21: Community Litter Clean Up, Various locations in Burlington
- Thurs 19: 32 Short Films About Glenn Gould, Central Library
- Thurs 19: Meet the Authors: Karin Slaughter & Alafair Burke, Central Library
- Thurs 19-Sat 21: “Opening Night”, West Plains United Church
- Fri 20-Sat 21: “Hilda’s Yard”, Drama Centre
- Fri 20-Sun 22: Burlington Lifestyle Spring Home Show, Mainway Recreation Centre
- Fri 20-Sun 22: Kaleidoscope All Guilds Art Sale, Art Gallery
- Sat 21: Burlington Hook-In, Art Gallery
- Sat 21: Clean Up, Green Up Event, Various locations in Burlington/Tuck Park
- Sat 21: Plant Faire, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sun 22: “California Typewriters”, Central Library
- Thurs 26-Sat 28: “Opening Night”, West Plains United Church
- Thurs 26-Sat 28: “Hilda’s Yard”, Drama Centre