#BurlON til Apr 10
Springtime is an exciting time here in #BurlON. Enjoy the outdoors at one of our many Conservation parks, or see local art on display at the Art Gallery of Burlington. Here are our recommendations for things to do this week in #BurlON.
How often do you get to tour a chocolate factory? Well you’re in luck! On Saturday in #BurlON enjoy a tour of hometown chocolate company Walker’s Chocolates. Tours are from 10-3. Bring a non-perishable food item and get free admission. Factory tours, prizes and giveways!
Maple Syrup Festivals
This is the last weekend of Sweet Water Season at Crawford Lake Conservation Area. Visit the reconstructed Iroquoian Village and learn about the origins of maple syrup with the Indigenous People. Try tasting different types of syrup and see demonstrations of taffy being made on snow.
Also ending is Maple Town at Mountsberg Conservation Area. See how the sap from approximately 600 tapped trees is transformed into maple syrup, and taste some free candy samples. Don’t forget to stop by the pancake house and enjoy!
Arachnophobes beware, until April 14 the Royal Botanical Gardens will be crawling with spiders and their arthropod friends for Spiders Alive!. Here you can learn about the many adaptations and behaviours of spiders and other creatures in two interactive exhibits and daily programs for all ages. This event is included in your general admission to the RBG, so make sure to stop by during your visit.
Enjoy the Arts
Relax with a show at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre. On Fri 5 is Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre: Teasing Gravity, on Fri 5 – Sat 6 is Bobs & Lolo: Sing, Dance & Play!, and on Sun 7 is Burlington Teen Tour Band in Concert. This weekend, from Fri 5 to Sun 7 is Kaleidoscope of the Arts at Art Gallery of Burlington. See and buy art from over 100 local artisans and enjoy free, fun, hands-on activities.
Every Sunday there is an open studio for families to enjoy. Admission is always free so make sure you stop by to check out these amazing exhibits and get creative.
Outdoors in #BurlON
Get outside and enjoy spring here in #BurlON. Visit Crawford Lake and tour the Iroquoian village, or explore the Hide and Seek trail and look out for some of the diverse species who make their home here in southern Ontario. Looking to get nose to beak with some birds of prey? Visit the Mountsberg Raptor Centre to learn more about the various Ontario-native species. On April 7, bring your camera and get lens to beak with Raptors in Focus.
The Royal Botanical Gardens are inviting you to get Back to Nature with hiking through the park. These are free guided hikes through the vast nature spaces the park has to offer. Hiking is also available at all of our conservation parks. Visit Conservation Halton’s website for information and to see which one of the many beautiful trails here in BurlON is right for you.
- Wknds to Sun Apr 7: Sweet Water Season, Crawford Lake C.A
- Wknds to Sun Apr 7: Maple Town, Mountsberg C.A.
- To Sun Apr 14: Spiders Alive!, RBG
- Sundays: Family Sunday Open Studio, Art Gallery
- Sundays: Back to Nature Hike, RBG
- Thurs 4: Absinthe: The Green Fairy, RBG
- Thurs 4: HHYPE Event Night, RBG
- Fri 5: Horticultural Therapy and Herbs, RBG
- Fri 5: Halton Outdoor Club Spring Info Fair, Mainway Recreation Centre
- Fri 5: Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre: Teasing Gravity, Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 5 – Sat 6: Bobs & Lolo: Sing, Dance & Play!,Performing Arts Centre
- Fri 5 – Sun 7: Kaleidoscope of the Arts, Art Gallery
- Sat 6: The Making of a Japanese Garden, Tansley Woods Library
- Sun 7: Jazz Brunch: Aaron Bowers Trio, RBG – Rock Garden
- Sun 7: Raptors in Focus, Mountsberg C. Area
- Sun 7: Burlington Teen Tour Band in Concert, Performing Arts Centre
- Mon 8: Lunchtime Poetry Reading, Alton Library
- Mon 8: Get Your Child Ready to Read, Alton Library
- Tues 9: Speaker Series: Kevin MacKay, RBG
- Wed 10: 75 Ways to Save on Household Expenses, Aldershot Library