Holiday activities are in full swing and there are lots of activities to help you get into the spirit around town. Thursday marks the Brant Street Mingle and Jingle which runs 12:00-9:00 pm. Take advantage of great in-store promotions and stop and dine at participating restaurants. Shop local and get some gifts checked off your holiday list!
Thursday also kicks off the Guild Christmas Sale at the Art Gallery of Burlington. It runs Thursday and Friday 9:00-9:00 and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00-5:00 daily. Browse original art and handmade gifts; shop for the holidays or find things to add to your Christams wish list. The Art Gallery is also host to the Soup Bowl event this weekend, but tickets are already sold out for that annual event.
Santa Claus is coming to town….he arrives at Burlington Mall this Saturday by helicopter (weather permitting). Don’t miss out on all the fun – 10:00 a.m in the northwest parking lot. Say hi to Santa and enjoy a hot chocolate. The big guy in red will then make his way to his cabin in the mall where he will be daily until Christmas Eve when he has to get back to the north pole.
Jolly Saint Nick will also be at Springridge Farm this weekend, and every weekend until December 10th. From 10am-4pm on Saturdays and Sundays there will be children’s craft activities; decorate a gingerbread man or paint a glass ball ornament. Wander the lovely gift barn and you just may spot Santa Claus doing some of his shopping or watching to see what you want for Christmas!
There is so much to do this season at the Royal Botanical Gardens you will have to plan multiple visits. Back by popular demand is Holiday Traditions, the annual holiday celebration featuring the famous RBG Botanical Train Display which runs until January 7. The RBG Centre will have family entertainment, crafts and more every weekend for your family to enjoy. This year, the RBG will be offering a one hour Visit with Santa signature experience that includes a return trip on The RBG Express, hot chocolate and a cookie, storytelling and crafting with Santa`s helpers and a visit with Santa. Book your ticket online it is very popular so don’t delay New to the RBG is the Escarpment Train Exhibit on weekend untilDec 24 and then daily from Dec 27-31 & Jan 2-7 at the Rock Garden House. See a magical winter wonderland at the Rock Garden’s Winter Lights at the Rock a ticketed outdoor event, with activities, music and lights. It’s on this week on Thursday, Friday and Sunday, from 5:00-8:30. Bundle up as its’ outdoors!
There are lots of live theatre performances going on around town that you may want to catch. Drury Lane Theatre is featuring Into the Woods until Sunday. Burlington Performing Arts Centre hosts Uncovered: Springsteen & Dylan on Thursday, A Passage to Bollywood on Friday and the Habourtown Sound Christmas Show on Saturday. For a full list of performances visit the website. Theatre Burlington presents Sleeping Beauty Friday to Sunday at the Drama Centre. This is a pantomime that will have everyone enjoying!
Haven’t had the chance to get your burger on yet this month for Novemburger? Still have some burgers you want to try? It’s the last full weekend of Novemburger so get out there and get eating and enjoy! Remember $1 from every burger goes to support United Way of Halton/Hamilton.
Have a great week and if you’re out and about, be sure to tag any pics with #BurlON
- To Sat Dec 9: On the Water Exhibit, Crawford Lake
- To Jan 7: Flora & Fauna, Art Gallery of Burlington
- To Sun Dec 31: Setting Ontario’s Table: Once Upon a Time, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Nov 17-19,23,24,26,30, Dec 7-10, 14-17, 21-23, 27-30: Winter Lights at the Rock, Royal Botanical Gardens, Rock Garden
- Wknds Nov 18-Dec 24, Daily Dec 27-31 & Jan 2-7: Escarpment Train Exhibit, Royal Botanical Gardens, Rock Garden
- Sat Nov 18- Dec 24 & Dec 27-Sun Jan 7: Botanical Train Display, Royal Botanical Gardens, Centre
Events November 22- 29
- Wed 22: Visit with Santa, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 22: High Five Quartet, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Thurs 23-Fri 24: Winter Lights at the Rock, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Thurs 23-Sun 26: Soup Bowl Event, Art Gallery of Burlington* SOLD OUT
- Thurs 23-Sun 26: Guild Christmas Sale, Art Gallery of Burlington
- Thurs 23-Sun 26: “Into the Woods”, Drury Lane Theatre
- Fri 24: Angel Tournament & Festival, Nelson Arena
- Fri 24: Visit with Santa, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Fri 24: St. George’s Night Market, St. George’s Anglican Church
- Fri 24: A Passage to Bollywood, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Fri 24-Sun 26: “Sleeping Beauty”, Drama Centre
- Sat 25: The Harlequin Singers, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sat 25: Darren Bedford, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sat 25: Harbourtown Sound Christmas Show 2017, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
- Sat 25: Shane Koyczan, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – CST* SOLD OUT
- Sat 25-Sun 26: Christmas Activities, Springridge Farm
- Sun 26: Enchorus Children’s Choir, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sun 26: Stylamanders, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Sun 26: Winter Lights at the Rock, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Tues 28: Meet the Author: Conn Iggulden, Central Library
- Wed 29: Visit with Santa, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 29: The Baker Street Victorian Carollers, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Wed 29: Men of the Deeps, Burlington Performing Arts Centre – MT
Looking for more holiday information or planning your visit? We are always here to help, for more information on what to see and do in Burlington give us a call at 877.499.9989, visit our website or connect with us on twitter or facebook